• TheWebSwinger - July 10, 2010 8:30 p.m.

I love this game, and I'm glad to hear so much honesty about it's design process. Too bad we didn't get to see more of the cut "psychological" stuff.
  • Bloodstorm - July 10, 2010 8:18 p.m.

I finally just played this, and it was great. Unlike the first game, I felt much more connected to the Little Sisters, even calling them baby girl sometimes and picking them up like a protective father with a giant drill and a diver suit. The game has so much more attachment than the first one. Wile the first one did a better job with Rapture, the second was better with personal investment and drawing you in. In the first you were just a faceless man without much story, even as the game progressed. The same may be said about this game, but the faceless man is the identity of a Big Daddy and they did a great just making you feel like you were a Big Daddy with that bond to the Little Sisters. I couldn't bring myself to harm them, because you got that feeling of trust and almost a father-daughter bond.
  • Redeater - July 10, 2010 8:15 p.m.

I just wished they would have addressed the lack of multiplayer support and why the hell there is only one add on for single player. I wish the developers of the multiplayer and the people playing it a slow cancer filled death. Seriously this is one of my favorite games ever and they added in a terrible multiplayer idea.
  • Evil_AppleJuice - July 10, 2010 7:50 p.m.

Wow, the Bioshock devs really don't want us to forget their game. I personally think they are trying too hard. The second game was great, but not revolutionary like the first. The devs cant expect the second game to still be talked about since it was a sequel. The original was revolutionary and unique, causing a lot of commotion in the gaming world. I conclude that I have no idea what why this is news, and am not really that interested.
  • WaffleLeech - July 10, 2010 7:48 p.m.

I think that the Understanding Father section of the interview was spot on. When I was playing the game, I found my self crouching (in-game) before picking up each little sister, they never left my sight while they were gathering Adam, and thier little quips durring the gameplay really added a nice touch.
  • NotBraze - July 10, 2010 7:31 p.m.

@HonestGuy, Pixar's great, but you know as well as I do that they'd never touch material like this. To be perfectly honest the only director I'd trust with BioShock is Christopher Nolan. He's proven that he can tell stories that are both dark and intellectual and he can also put the audience inside a character's head in a way that is both invisible and extremely effective. If a BioShock movie has to be made Christopher Nolan is the only director that should do it.
  • HonestGuy - July 10, 2010 5:33 p.m.

To put it simply; the game is made by people who clearly knows what they're doing, and it's obvious it's not just from the 'top dogs' alone. :) If this is going to be a movie, my wish is that, WAIT! i AM FULLY aware of its mature content ( violence, sex, "drugs", and demented bad mouthed thugs ) but come on, only Pixar can recreate such 'magic' this game has done... :P