The last 24 hours in sci-fi...
• LA Times' Hero Complex reports that Sigourney Weaver is up for returning to her signature role of Ellen Ripley. “I do feel like there is more story to tell," she told an audience at the Hero Complex Film Festival. “I feel a longing from fans for the story to be finished. I could imagine a situation where we finish telling the story.”
• Dread Central got Andy Serkis talking about the upcoming Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes , and the motion capture legend set the scene for a movie set ten years after Rise.... "Caesar has galvanised all these tribes of apes, and it’s succeeding, it’s working," he explained. "The next generation is becoming educated; the design of their community reflects their intelligence."
"They are resourceful, they can build aqueducts, they have plentiful food supplies, they respect each other as different species: gorilla, orangutan, chimpanzee can all speak equally and communicate equally. Until the arrival of human beings…”
• Marvel is still looking for a new Ant-Man director after Edgar Wright's departure ( let us know what you think about that for next month's SFX Hot Topic ). One man who's taken himself out of the running is Anchorman helmer Adam McKay, who took to Twitter to say: "And yes, met w/Marvel. Kirby & Lee r my Lennon McCartney so it was awesome. But have other projects I'm committed to. Not sure it can work."
Still in the reckoning, says The Wrap , are Dodgeball and We Are The Millers ' Rawson Marshall Thurber, and Zombieland 's Ruben Fleischer. Fleischer is reportedly also in the running for the longest-in-gestation Ghostbusters 3 .
• Ben Foster has blabbed to IGN about his role in Duncan Jones' Warcraft movie. "What's exciting about Duncan Jones' take on this video game is that it shows both sides of the war," he said. "It shows both sides of a conflict, which is exciting to me. It's not just a videogame turned into a movie. It's asking, hopefully, an important question of, where do we limit our compassion for what we consider to be the bad guys?"
• Detroit has revealed its metal statue tribute to RoboCop, just in time for the remake arriving on DVD and Blu-ray next week. (The film's already available to own digitally.)
• We've had a first glimpse of the new Lego Guardians Of The Galaxy sets. "Starblaster Showdown", "Knowhere Escape Mission" and "The Milano Spaceship Rescue" are on sale now in the UK.
• Secret Cinema is recreating Hill Valley in London! "Secret Cinema Presents Back To The Future " runs from 24 July-10 August, and will give you the chance to visit Marty McFly's hometown in 1955, 1985 and 2015 incarnations. Of course, there'll also be a chance to see one of the greatest movies of all time (we mean Back To The Future ). Tickets go on sale tomorrow .