Topics

THQ

We Recommend

• EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 15, 2012 4:25 p.m.

THQ kicks the bucket? That leaves EA and Activision. Call of Duty starts losing steam (someday) and Activision goes under. EA is left as the largest gaming company, who only has to compete with smaller developers and publishers. I actually would be fine with that. I just hope that the South Park RPG gets released alright.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 15, 2012 5:36 p.m.

Ubisoft, dude. You forgot Ubi. I know they're smaller than Acti and EA, but they're still pretty big.
  • tiben36 - January 15, 2012 5:49 p.m.

and rockstar, and valve these guys sure are not having trouble
  • Mezolitik - January 16, 2012 5:01 a.m.

As long as EA is safe... I hate myself.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 16, 2012 12:41 p.m.

Yeah I guess you're right. The reason I didn't mention them was because (at least to me) they really don't have too much to offer. God knows I love Assassin's Creed, but it seems they've given up on Splinter Cell. We'll have to see if Ghost Recon Future Soldier is any good. My mind's gone blank on any other games they have for the near future. Hmm... this seems like it's gone on long enough. At least Ubi looks like they're in good shape though.
  • CombatWombat101 - January 16, 2012 11:30 a.m.

lol. Activision going under. You realize they're partnered with Blizzard, right? They literally have *all* the money. And if recent developments are anything to go buy, people will always be willing to shell out for the next Call of Duty.
  • dekmaine - January 15, 2012 4:18 p.m.

I want to know what will happen to Relic Entertainment and will I ever see a new Company of Heroes game.
  • Pwnz0r3d - January 15, 2012 5:21 p.m.

It's been a while since Tales of Valor came out, and we haven't heard anything since. I think they're focusing more on Dawn of War now.
  • Kurigan - January 15, 2012 7:17 p.m.

There was Company of Heroes Online, but that got canceled during the beta
  • alxgramm - January 15, 2012 3:55 p.m.

This is bs! Just because THQ decided to lay down one title doesn't mean will fall for bankruptcy.
  • Pwnz0r3d - January 15, 2012 3:47 p.m.

Shame. 40K was the only MMO other than TOR to have piqued my interest, and that's been shuddered. It could've worked SO well.
  • ObliqueZombie - January 15, 2012 3:39 p.m.

NO WARHAMMER 40K MMO?! You know what? Fuck everything. Just fuck it. I'm so lucky SWTOR is better than I hoped for, because right now, I'd be losing my shit. This is such a good company, too. I've enjoyed nearly every game they've put out. Luckily, though, it's all a rumor. I have no high hopes, since a man with a reputable status made this claim, but I hope they at least merge. Or sell the damn thing. Don't just let a good thing die.
  • TheRandomFool - January 15, 2012 3:37 p.m.

Nooooo! I want to play Darksiders 2! Stay alive damn you! (At least until you finish!)
  • Redeater - January 15, 2012 3:29 p.m.

Well this is what happens when your company is run by a monkey. Seriously though this is bad news. I loved Saints Row the Third but Homefront and RF:Arm were not great. It really boggles the mind to think about how much it cost them to make Homefront.
  • Joker117 - January 15, 2012 3:20 p.m.

I already miss midway now lemme guess EA buys out THQ for wrestling , southpark , red faction and to shut down any tiny competition for COD (homefront..)
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - January 15, 2012 3:58 p.m.

Why woud EA want less competition for CoD?
  • FinderKeeper - January 16, 2012 6:05 a.m.

If you meant EA, you meant Battlefield; if you meant Call of Duty, you meant Activision.
  • Mezolitik - January 15, 2012 3:04 p.m.

Maybe they just spent too much money loaning other companies' property? WWE, South Park, Games Workshop...licenses like that can't have been cheap.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - January 15, 2012 2:54 p.m.

Wait, eh? I know THQ had a bad 2011, but I'll be VERY shocked if they end up going down the Midway route!