• IsaacShadow - October 4, 2011 12:45 p.m.

I wish a game would be actually colorful for once god damn it!
  • dropout - October 4, 2011 1:09 p.m.

I agree, these military shooters need full-on double rainbows.
  • db1331 - October 4, 2011 1:25 p.m.

Already been done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Shbg0aGxM
  • bass88 - October 4, 2011 2:26 p.m.

I really liked that. Thanks.
  • dropout - October 4, 2011 3:07 p.m.

Thanks, db1331. :)
  • BigNCDN - October 4, 2011 12:37 p.m.

Spinal Tap. Well played Mr. Cooper. Well played.
  • cosmicshambles - October 4, 2011 1:24 p.m.

(insert favourite 'This is Spinal Tap' quote here)
  • Redeater - October 4, 2011 12:20 p.m.

Can I just put out there how colorful and gorgeous Bulletstorm was? I guess kids these days like their games grey and "realistic". Grey is the new black.
  • erodut - October 4, 2011 12:37 p.m.

I simply can't agree any more. I didn't really enjoy Bulletstorm as a shooter (I personally prefer stronger narrative over gunplay in FPS's), but there is no denying how beautiful it was. Its aesthetic is what made me finish it.
  • avantguardian - October 4, 2011 1:46 p.m.

(*scoff*) you obviously don't get it (moves greasy black hair out of eyes). but yeah, hopefully, as so many things are, this is just a cycle. sh*t gets played out, and you can feel the "modern military shooter fatigue" like the humidity on a midsummer's day in chicago. i would love to see some kind of surrealist take on a modern shooter, like valkyria chronicles' water color aesthetic (GORGEOUS game btw), or even borderlands' cell shading. would it look "realistic"? of course not. it would however, look AWESOME.
  • Sold1er_0f_G0d - October 4, 2011 12:09 p.m.

True story: One of my friends showed quite a few screen shots from MW2 and MW3 to a complete non-gamer. The guy looked at them for a while and reached a conclusion. The verdict: he couldn't tell the difference. I've been following the Cod series since Big Red One on the GC, but I've got to agree with the non-gamer person on this one. I'll definatly pass on this one.
  • icePOPPA - October 4, 2011 11:52 a.m.

after seeing how terribly bad battlefield runs on consols(not compared to pc...compared to anything), these pictures actually look kinda nice im not getting this sh*t though, its all skyrim , batman, and saints row for me
  • spideralex90 - October 4, 2011 2:14 p.m.

I've had no problems running the BF3 beta on my xbox aside from when EA's servers died. But it's a beta. Not everyone will have a perfect experience.
  • HamsterGutz - October 4, 2011 11:50 a.m.

It could be greyer, too much tan and green XD