• Redeater - April 19, 2012 7:57 p.m.

Well on a more positive note I am loving the shit out of this game! I can't afford a high end computer so it is nice that I can play this game now instead of years from now when I build another half decent computer. God damn there seems to be nothing but arguing on this article.
  • AlbVega - April 19, 2012 9:54 p.m.

Defending the technological superiority of custom made game machines is SERIOUS BUSINESS. PC gamers are horrible, lonely, sad people.
  • taokaka - April 19, 2012 7:16 p.m.

the major difference is it looks like they put a grey filter on the 360 version when porting, can't console gamers handle colours CD projekt?
  • ThundaGawd - April 19, 2012 7:01 p.m.

Damn, I don't think I've ever seen such a definitive distinction between 2 versions of a same game o.o The problem is, Witcher 2 on PC was built almost solely with High end gaming pc's in mind, therefore it's really hard to hit a decent framerate regardless of setting's if your graphics card isn't top of the line. Anyways, I already got the game on PC, but I'm gonna leave it on the sidelines until I can get a stronger desktop this summer, besides, there's a bunch of great games coming out this summer to keep me busy until such a thing happens (DIABLO 3!!!!) :D
  • Eliath - April 19, 2012 6:35 p.m.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed the Call of Roma ad? "One Click for a Roman Orgy!" Fascinating.
  • RedHarlow - April 19, 2012 7:06 p.m.

You've got my attention...
  • Enigmatic - April 19, 2012 6:19 p.m.

Xbox can't match the lighting effects, but who has $5000 to drop on a computer that can get all of the quality out of the game>
  • Eliath - April 19, 2012 6:25 p.m.

You can do it for $3000 fairly easily unless you are shooting for a monitor that can do significantly over 1920x1080. You can do it for less, but you would need to sale shop most of the components. It's when you need to buy a second one for your wife that it gets costly.
  • CrashmanX - April 19, 2012 6:37 p.m.

$3000 what the hell are you doing? For like $1000 I can build a pretty good PC that can handle it. That's without monitor and all that. Also going with a cheap case.
  • kyle94 - April 19, 2012 6:34 p.m.

You don't have to pay that much for most gaming PCs. And you can pay much, much less as long as you know how to somewhat build a PC.
  • Eliath - April 19, 2012 6:44 p.m.

I don't disagree. You can essentially get a top of the line PC for around $3000 if you really wanted it. You don't need a $3000 PC to max out settings. Rereading my comment, it missed the point I was shooting for. The one exception to that would be monitors though. You can easily spend $1000-2000 (or more) on a monitor, but after a certain point there are diminishing returns in my opinion. 1920X1080 or 1920x1200 is fine for me.
  • kyle94 - April 19, 2012 6:51 p.m.

I was actually replying to Enigmatic. However, I suppose it does also apply to the $3000, like you mentioned. I bought a PC a few years ago for around a $1000, and it's still running strong and can handle most games on the highest or second highest settings. (Though, it did need a few upgrades, but they were rather cheap.)
  • gazzc - April 20, 2012 2:41 p.m.

You could also spend that on your TV so the monitor is kinda irellevent in the price of a pc build.
  • Fenghoang - April 19, 2012 10:20 p.m.

It's baffling how ignorant these claims get sometimes. A $750 dollar computer can run this game on 1080p with all Ultra-settings (Uber-sampling disabled) and have 40+ FPS on average... An AMD 6870 runs for like $170 and a gaming CPU/mobo combo runs for about $300-350. If you want Uber-sampling, then it'll probably cost you $1200-1500 (depending on how overkill you want with the video card[s] and SLI/Crossfire configs) at most. Next time, do a little research and stop the spread of misinformation. Don't believe me? Here's a performance review for the game when it was released (this is prior to patch/driver optimizations BTW): http://www.techspot.com/review/405-the-witcher-2-performance/ Despite people's misconceptions of PC gaming, it is not expensive. In fact, you pay just as much just for your "office" PC.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 20, 2012 7:37 a.m.

$5000? I'm sorry, you must live in an alternate universe where $800 - $1000 means $5000.
  • sirdilznik - April 20, 2012 10:48 a.m.

You can build a rig that can play that game on Ultra settings, monitor and all, for probably slightly over $1000.
  • lazer59882 - April 19, 2012 6:03 p.m.

they both look like shit. why? cause gamesradar uses the worst video player of any videogame site. ALL their clips are super low res.
  • Eliath - April 19, 2012 6:13 p.m.

While I agree with the fact that the video player is crap, it might partially be your Internet speeds or something on your system. The video player adjusts quality based on connection speeds, which is nice... and stupid. If I wanted to watch a 1080p video and had crap speeds I could at least let it buffer, but not here. We have 30 Mbps connection speeds, but depending on other background programs sometimes it still doesn't go to the high quality. *the rest is in regards to the article, not your post* Regardless, buy a PC. If you can't afford one, then get a better paying job. The Witcher 2 is awesome on a high end PC. If you can't afford it and don't have the luxury of getting a better paying job, then definitely check it out o 360.
  • lazer59882 - April 20, 2012 12:40 a.m.

driving around everywhere is nice and all, but having a private plane is the best way to go bar none. regardless, buy a private plane. if you can't afford one, then get a better paying job. life is awesome when you have a private plane. if you cant afford it and dont have the imaginary luxury of getting a better paying job, then definitely just drive everywhere. fuck the hell off dude, for real.
  • robinkurosaki - April 20, 2012 5:15 a.m.

you sir are an idiot, believe it or not life revolves around other things then a PC and a game. as much as you can love gaming(i do) its expendable its not essential for life. and wow, there is a reason were console gamers and not pc ones, i personally cannot be arsed with upgrading a pc here an there playing with a mouse and keyboard(o i hear you say, you can play with a 360 pad, if i wanted to do that id play a dam game console) installing a game, finding out it doesn't work for what ever reason then searching the internet for hours to find a fix. get a grip will you console gaming is only lesser in graphics and mods, but for the price you pay it rips apart a pc. i don't know how old you are but you seemingly cant be living in the real world, getting a good job let a lone a high paying one is not easy. an if say we did i could think of a lot better things to spend it on then a dam pc.