• jonathan-d-gregory - July 11, 2013 3:01 p.m.

I've been yearning for freedom fighters sequel for ages maybe one will emerge on PS4. I've played on and completed well over a 100 computer games on the mega drive, n64, amiga, PC, ps1-3, xbox 360, online. Yet few of those titles are as compelling or as fun as this game, it was like an interactive red dawn i got to be a wolverine anytime but in new york. It had plot twists, good story, great simple team control. I also would love to see a new Tenchu I enjoyed tenchu Z on 360 team hand signals in multiplayer and character customisation, if they could restore the story or fun of wrath of heaven, better stealth capabilities like splinter cell, imrpoved graphics and maybe better interactive fighting like assasins creed including real examples of taijutsu/ninjitsu and jiu jitsu kendo and various other samurai/ninja martial arts.
  • fattoler - June 25, 2010 4:13 p.m.

YES! YES! YES! This needs to be done!
  • ryno - June 25, 2010 2:56 p.m.

now i want to buy this game
  • Lurkero - June 25, 2010 2 p.m.

I have been desiring a new Freedom Fighters for a number of years now. Freedom Fighters would have been the perfect franchise for IO to take advantage of online co-op play, but instead they decided to go with Kane and Lynch...twice. I am so disappointed in the direction they chose to go. Not only that, but Freedom Fighters was a shooter with a relatively decent plot. It wasn't spectacular, but it was better than many shooters we get today.(Modern Warfare 2)
  • philipshaw - June 25, 2010 11:11 a.m.

Great article and I love the end to the article,so true
  • avantguardian - June 25, 2010 4:20 a.m.

yes-yes-yes-yes...make this happen!
  • subzero8012001 - June 25, 2010 2:40 a.m.

Yeah I agree with you, this game is one of my favorites, and it had really cool features. I would really like to see a sequel come out with the abilities of today’s consoles. I’ve been waiting for them to bring a Freedom Fighters sequel out ever since I bet the first game. I really hope they do end up bring out a sequel to the game.
  • superrey19 - June 25, 2010 1:54 a.m.

I played this game not realizing how great it would turn out to be. Boy was I surprised.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - June 25, 2010 1:24 a.m.

THANK YOU I have posted about this game like 100 times. This was my favorite game for my PS2 i'm glad someone else wants to see a sequel
  • Vitoruss1 - June 25, 2010 1:17 a.m.

Oh yeah, I remember playing a demo for this game on the original Xbox and I loved it. Still though, I have an image of it burnt into my mind and I do NOT remember it looking nearly that dated... wow...
  • Sebastian16 - June 25, 2010 12:29 a.m.

This is the best article ever written.
  • Kameltoemunch - June 24, 2010 9:36 p.m.

The PC version was superior graphically and control wise. However the lack of multiplayer was a killer, and I played many hours of split-screen at my buddies house, who happened to own the xbox version. Freedom Fighters is by far one of my favorite games of all time. The simple but effective squad control mechanic was genius. I hoped and prayed and wished that they would release FF2, or at least modding tools for the original. Nothing would make me happier than a next gen Freedom Fighters title.
  • TheWebSwinger - June 24, 2010 9:15 p.m.

Meh. I remember renting this back in the day, and thinking it was "Okay, nothing special." Dunno, mayhaps I was just too young to appreciate its glory.
  • RebornKusabi - June 24, 2010 9:14 p.m.

I only played through this game once but I do recall having a Hell of a time with it because of how fun and well put together it was. I would honestly love a sequel too.
  • Rhymenocerous - June 24, 2010 9:02 p.m.

Ah, Freedom Fighters, where is your sequal?! Wow, this is bringing back memories of the game; the desperate rebellion feel, the awesome safehouses, that epic cut-scene where the russians start melting the ice to try and sink the american ships. GREAT GAME!
  • Revolt189 - June 24, 2010 8:57 p.m.

I concur with everything in this article.
  • quicksilver_502 - June 24, 2010 8:47 p.m.

the problem is that at the moment the russians are invading america every other day. loads of games are doing it or getting even more unrealistic and using north korea. (looking at you, Homefront)it might not be the best time for a sequel considering the saturation.
  • c03n3nj0 - June 24, 2010 8:25 p.m.

I remember loving this game! I need to get it and replay it someday.
  • Darkwun - June 24, 2010 8:12 p.m.

ive been saying this for years! glad im not alone!
  • Mortified_Cow - June 24, 2010 7:11 p.m.

I love this game and seriously hope there is a sequel for it. There are so many stories they could tell.