• codystovall - May 10, 2014 3:27 p.m.

Correction: Tarantino films are trash.
  • universaltofu - May 11, 2014 10:43 a.m.

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are trash. Date Movie, Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, Meet The Spartans, Vampires Suck, Best Night Ever, Scary Movie(s). Tarantino is a damn wizard who makes dialogue heavy movies better than they have any right to be. He's a film nerd making movies that celebrate being a film nerd. He's a damn auteur.
  • codystovall - May 11, 2014 4:17 p.m.

No, he just does wacky stuff like anime over the top gore/swearing in live action, have characters spout pop culture references, and touch taboo subjects , people like those things, doesnt mean it isnt trash. Also those you listed, i theyre garbage but I was meaning trash as in "those films are trashy" as well as oddly silly but not in a entertaining way to me
  • universaltofu - May 11, 2014 11:04 p.m.

That's because he's making homages to cheesy over-the-top movies he grew up loving. Nothing is mindless masturbatory hackneyed slop, it's smart, wink at the camera stuff. In that sense of trashy, yeah it is, but on purpose and done to perfection. If that's not your thing whatever.
  • codystovall - May 12, 2014 8:18 a.m.

I know it is but theyre not good, and I dont care for them the way I dont about grindhouse. Trashy nonsense without substance. Maybe if they were more lik comical parodies, like edgar wright films, but he doesnt have the talent to pull it off with smart aware genre humor or character so instead theres lots of swearing and violence.
  • universaltofu - May 12, 2014 9:37 a.m.

Usually revenge and what comes from it's pursuit is a central theme of his work. Grindhouse specifically is probably one of his worst but Kurt Russel is still great in it. Did you not like Pulp Fiction? Sam Jackson is great, and Christopher Walken is pretty funny, he skirts the line towards full blown serious then without a hiccup switches gears to talking about a watch up is ass. Harvey Keitel is phenomenal as 'The Wolf' a character who is only curt, because time is a factor. 'Just because you ARE a character doesn't mean that you HAVE character'. Or Inglorious Basterds, where they're pretending to be Italian? Hugo Stiglitz *guitar wailing*? Christoph Waltz steals every scene he's in, as does Brad Pitt. Never before has eating a pastry been so laden with tension 'ah ah ah, wait for the creme'. I like Shaun of the Dead, Hot fuzz, and Scott Pilgrim a lot, but I'm not sure why you want that completely different feel out of a Tarantino film. You seem pretty reductive of his work. Your criticisms are kind of empty anyways, especially when your jumping from 'I don't like it > it is objectively bad > it should be like something else that would make it different'. If you don't like it, you don't like it. There isn't much more to it, everyone has different taste, and different lives that shaped that taste.
  • punishment - May 10, 2014 7:18 a.m.

I think it would be fun as hell to have a wrestling NFC. Collecting wrestling toys seems to be something I still haven't grown out of, and a WWE NFC game might hit me pretty hard in the bank account.
  • rainn'sgaydar - May 10, 2014 6:29 a.m.

Pokemon is my answer this week Pokemon would be perfect, you see Pokemon would inspire collection Pokemon NFC would bring slight erection Toy rarity levels would be a must Make just a few legendaries, or it's a bust Game Freak can do it and take all our money I could def diglett. Hey, that's punny Please pardon the rhyme from the previous week I fear I can't stop and it's made me a freak This could be my last, or next week's maybe Also, congrats to Tom on his brand new baby!
  • mbavalo - May 10, 2014 4:37 a.m.

Why is this not yet available on the Xbox Store? I listen to the podcast on my phone :/
  • Shelbyvillian - May 9, 2014 10:57 p.m.

I really want an NFC game made by Microsoft Games Studios. Mixing and matching those franchises would be awesome. Plop down Master Chief and the world is your oyster. Bored of killing Covenant and the Flood? Why not go lay waste to Gruntilda? Is Banjoo bored of flapping around and finding puzzle pieces? Well I guess its time to start slinging eggs at Raam. And if you don't think Baird doesn't love his Pinata farming you are sorely mistaken.
  • ipaqi - May 9, 2014 9:56 p.m.

Just listened to ep 87. Gonna listen to this one now. Congrats on the baby, Tom! Speaking of ep 87: Hello, Radar people, Long time, first time here, Since a fortnight ago, I've been rhyming, I fear, And in Light of this odd happenstance of fate, This is the only way I can try to debate. I just wanted to say, regarding Child of Light, And I don't mean to be mean, or callous, or trite, But rhyming ain't easy, and poetry's hard, And I don't do well with such plain disregard. Not by you, dear reviewer, nor your 'casting cohorts But by this game, which fell woefully short, Of even this "poem", written in minutes, With little of interest happening in it. If you mean to rhyme, rhyme, don't break form for function, If you mean to speak, don't fall for your compunction And rhyme just for rhyme's sake, or speak just to speak, Your carefree style is honestly making me freak. Enough of this folly, of this game, "Child of Light", There's a much better game you can play here tonight, There are 3 in the series, and all perfect panacea, For PS1 and PS2, and they're all named Grandia. -- And yes, I'm fully aware that the last one is barely assonance. Grandia, unsurprisingly, is very hard to rhyme.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 10, 2014 9:21 p.m.

hahaha. For what it's worth, i love that series :D
  • Lurkero - May 9, 2014 8:51 p.m.

Is there really an answer to the NFC question that is not Pokemon? Because Pokemon is a franchise that such devices were designed for. Pokemon Rumble U should have been a better game.
  • supergiraffe - May 9, 2014 8:39 p.m.

I want a game with a ton of Superman toys. You can have regular Superman, t-shirt and jeans superman from the new 52, the electric blue and cherry red supermen of the 90s, and the original red and blue supermen of the silver age. Of course you can't forget lion head superman, gold superman (he becomes gold after living in the sun), the giant superman robot that superman piloted in Final Crisis to defeat the inter-dimensional vampire, Superman of Earth-23 (in that universe superman is black, and the president), and the tiny superman that has all of superman's powers that Superman shoots out of his hand at the cost of him having any powers. Did you know that Superman once teamed up with an immortal Batman to fight space crime in the future? Because you better believe that he should have his own figure. Of course Superman's supporting cast can get their own figures. Imagine playing as all those different Jimmy Olsen's, or as really fat Lois Lane, or Lori Lemaris (the mermaid that Superman briefly dated in college). Oh shit, I totally forgot that you should be able to play as golden age Superman. You can base a whole level around that one comic where he beat up a bunch of nazis, lifted hitler by the throat and threatened to give him a "strictly non-aryan sock to the jaw," And who can forget all the different villains that you can get. Give me composite Superman (he's half superman and half batman), and an Ultraman, and a silver age Ultraman with the weird ugly shoulder pads. And a special figure devoted to that one time that Swamp Thing hugged Superman until he felt better.
  • supergiraffe - May 9, 2014 8:46 p.m.

I got a little overzealous and forgot to wish Tom a congratulations, but congratulations Tom.
  • universaltofu - May 9, 2014 8:18 p.m.

Congrats on the baby Tom! QOTW : Gotta be Custom Robo. Mix and match your favorite chassis, gun, bomb, pod, and legs combo and take them into the holosseum against your friends!
  • EAC73 - May 9, 2014 7:31 p.m.

Would be cool for DOTA 2 to incorporate NFC. Instead of buying a skin or item set for a hero, you buy an NFC figure of the skin or item set you want, and when selecting your character you just pick the figure you want. This gives the free to play MOBA something special, plus there would be so many cool figures.
  • g1rldraco7 - May 9, 2014 7:25 p.m.

I want an NFC game made for Danny Phantom. It was an awesome cartoon that had alot of very cool ghost characters. Nickelodeon needs to bring back that series, it was serious for a kids cartoon.
  • g1rldraco7 - May 9, 2014 9:43 p.m.

Oh yeah congratulations on having a baby Tom, I bet the baby will have Tom's nose. :)
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - May 9, 2014 7:12 p.m.

An Adventure Time NFC game could be cool. It has a really great extended universe of aesthetically interesting characters. I would buy the figurines just to collect them.
  • winner2 - May 9, 2014 6:58 p.m.

I don't want an NFC game of a franchise I like because I don't want to think of spending thousands of dollars on high quality digimon figurines
  • GOD - May 9, 2014 9:14 p.m.

My thoughts exactly.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - May 9, 2014 6:53 p.m.

I want a Gran Turismo NFC game with 5,000 figurines.
  • TaserLime - May 9, 2014 5:53 p.m.

I want NFC games made for the Tetris franchise. I don't even know what NFC means but I know I would want it in a Tetris wrapper. -------------------------- What If Jaden Smith Played Tetris