• shawksta - February 24, 2013 12:02 a.m.

You bet your ass this week was big. DAMN IT HENRY, WOW! Also, Conduit was okay, but Metroid Prime 3 was still the better shooter, especially with those controls and trilogy. "UH HEY EVERYONE I JUST WANNA SAY THAT WERE EVENTUALLY GONNA MAKE A FINAL FANTASY FOR PS4, OKAY BYE" Cooper, you apparently have an everloving hatred for asshole Final Bosses. as for QOTW: DAT CONFERENCE, DAT REMEMBERENCE OF THE CRASH BANDICOOT COMMERCIAL, DAT CRASH MUSIC WHEN MARK CERNY, I WANT A NEW CRASH GAME ON THE PS4, ITLL BE PERFECT TO RIVAL THE WII U 3D PLATFORMING MARIO BUT GODDAMN IT ACTIVISION HAS HIM HOSTAGE ;_;
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 24, 2013 3:39 p.m.

I do. The entire idea of a boss was concocted when we were still feeding quarters into machines made to strip us of money--they have a place in games, but when they suck it's the worstest.
  • shawksta - February 24, 2013 7:19 p.m.

Well, after a long journey, the FINAL boss NEEDS to be as much of an asshole considering how far in the game you traveled. Although i do feel you on the Sticker Star Rage, GODDAMN IT HOW THE HECK WERE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE STICKER SOLUTIONS, THERE WAS NOTHING, NOTHING, NOT EVEN CLOSE, HINTED ON WHAT TO USE ON THE SECOND PHASE.
  • RebornKusabi - February 23, 2013 9:26 p.m.

I want a new Metal Gear Solid starring Solid Snake (the real one) announced for the PS4, easiness of an answer be damned! In a series with genetic clones cellular manipulation and cyborgs and shit, it isn't impossible to use a de-aging MacGuffin on Snake to get him back to his rugged good looks he had in MGS 1 and 2. Even still, I wouldn't mind someone else getting the Solid brand and continuing down that series. It's partly why I am reticent to play Rising, besides hearing it isn't very good, but because Raiden's story was over at the end of 4 and bringing him back was unnecessary in my opinion.
  • BladedFalcon - February 23, 2013 7:34 a.m.

As for QotW... Well, my immediate answer would be Zone of The Enders 3, but since that has already been confirmed by Kojima, it's almost a certainty that is going to be on the PS4. So in that case, I'm gonna go with a proper new entry of the Fatal Frame series, not any of that shoddy Wii crap, but a true, full fledged, full HD and fully atmospheric sequel that would make the first two games proud. The Fatal Frame series is pretty much the only horror games that genuinely made me feel scared, and even hesitant to go on. No other other horror franchise, I've felt, has quite captured both the atmosphere, and the sheer sense of vulnerability quite like Fatal Frame I and II has. And I truly believe that a properly polished, well thought sequel with the next gen technology could be just what the console horror genre needs to get back on it's feet.
  • RebornKusabi - February 23, 2013 9:20 p.m.

Nintendo owns the Fatal Frame brand so unless they go under, or go the way of Sega and start making software-only, the odds of a non-Nintendo Fatal Frame is the same odds of you suddenly learning to cure cancer or solving world hunger. Better to hope for a spiritual successor than a sequel on another system. But if you want your fix, you can always play Fatal Frame 4 or the Fatal Frame 2 remake... unless you live in America, in which case your only option is to pay upwards of $100 for both games or pirate them. Thanks Nintendo!
  • Cyberninja - February 23, 2013 6:38 a.m.

For the PS4 The next game I them to announce is, Ape Escape they managed to screw up the move game by making it a on rails shooter, when the normal gameplay style would have worked amazingly on move and then after that they managed to not come up with a game for the Vita when it would have worked great on it since the whole reason for the game existing was the dual analog sticks and yet they had it at the start of the PSP the game system with only a single analog stick. Lastly they still acknowledge its existence in games like Playstation: All-Stars but don't do anything more with it.
  • g1rldraco7 - February 23, 2013 6:30 a.m.

I never thought I would say this, but I would buy a PS4 if Sega would announce a sequel to Skies of Arcadia already!!!!! I don't like Sony's console at all, but if they announced it being a PS4 exclusive then I would buy one just for it!!!!!!
  • firelegendmush - February 22, 2013 6:48 p.m.

I think the truth segments in ACII and Brotherhood basically said that the development of Capitalism and general american way of life was constructed by Templars, so yeah, I'm surprised that Assassins and Templars were so uninvolved with Washington.
  • Cyberninja - February 22, 2013 5:27 p.m.

you mean crysis 3 right
  • BladedFalcon - February 22, 2013 4:03 p.m.

...Only 80 minutes? kinda short considering all that happened...
  • RebornKusabi - February 22, 2013 6:11 p.m.

With the way this sites been lately, were you expecting anything longer? Besides, I got all of my PS4 commentary from other podcasts like the Destructoid's Podtoid and Giant Bomb's Bombcast that I have started listening to now that TalkRadar is dead and gone. I still listen to this sites podcast out of courtesy really and for Henry, but that is neither here nor there.
  • The_Ouroboros - February 22, 2013 7:15 p.m.

Haha for Henry and Towell are the only reasons I'm still around. Houghters too. I completely understand.
  • BladedFalcon - February 22, 2013 9:40 p.m.

Eh different tastes an all that, I tried listening to Giant Bomb's podcast, but it was too boring, yes, it's long, but half of the time the guys talk about pretty inane things that are neither funny nor game related. I did like the old guard a lot as well, but I still enjoy this new one as well, so to each their own.
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 22, 2013 11:30 p.m.

Peek behind the curtain: a few of us were out of the office on Thursday so we couldn't record, and the podcast room was booked up on Friday so the only time we had to do it was a small 1-1/2 hour block in the middle of the day. It's a good 80 minutes, though? I hope?
  • BladedFalcon - February 23, 2013 7:11 a.m.

Ah, that does explain it. And yeah! they were! I specially liked the conversation about the PS4, because it gave me more context of what those 8 gigs of memory meant, and how big Cerny actually is. But even that segment felt like it should have been longer, as I would have loved a more detailed talk and impressions on the games shown overall, not just the highlights. Though damn Cooper... No offense, but you really are a wuss when it comes to challenging games :P
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 23, 2013 11:28 a.m.

I beat MGR:R no problem!
  • BladedFalcon - February 23, 2013 3:22 p.m.

Yes, but you clearly had an issue with the difficulty,a s evidenced by the text you read out loud in the pod-cast :P
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 23, 2013 9:45 p.m.

It's because he was bullshit, not hard ;)