Deep Silver is to launch the first Metro: Last Light DLC pack next week. Featuring three original single-player missions in which players step into the shoes of specialists from the warring groups, the Faction Pack promises to introduce new weapons as well as "the return of a truly terrifying mutant foe" and some of the locations featured in Metro 2033. Priced at $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 / 400 MSP, the add-on will launch on Xbox 360 and PC worldwide next Tuesday, July 16. It will hit PS3 in the US on the same day, and Sony’s console in Europe on July 17.
The Faction Pack
- As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night, under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm
- ... before defending the front line as a Reich 'Heavy', armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro
- Lastly, players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artifacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to light torches and leave a trail of lights so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out
Deep Silver intends to release four Metro: Last Light DLC packs, which can be pre-purchased at a discounted rate as part of a season pass. Today it also offered the following new details about the last three add-ons, which are slated to arrive this summer.
- The Tower Pack presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers - a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower
- The Developer Pack boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum... And a bonus solo mission - The Spiders' Nest - offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants
- Lastly the Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game's standout characters - Pavel, Khan and Anna - and explore their side-stories away from Artyom's adventure