We Recommend

• r3ap3r - June 24, 2010 5:46 p.m.

that game was the shit ive bin dyin for a sequel for that and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
  • InFeRnOg - June 24, 2010 6:23 p.m.

I have Blood Money for PC and although I haven't played in awhile, I seem to recall jacked up graphically it looked pretty sweet (thus, why I consider it current-gen). But yes, a new Hitman is due.
  • ArmTheBomb - June 24, 2010 6:29 p.m.

FF is the shit. I loved playing the multiplayer. I would command my troops to huddle up so that I could shoot them with the rocket launcher. I found it cheap that the American leader started with the Auto-shotgun though...
  • Baron164 - June 24, 2010 6:32 p.m.

I loved Freedom Fighers! I played the PC version way back when. That and MAX Payne were my favorite PC games of the last generation.
  • scsmith1 - June 24, 2010 6:44 p.m.

It's backwards compatible for Xbox 360, and used copies are cheap.
  • Mortified_Cow - June 24, 2010 7:11 p.m.

I love this game and seriously hope there is a sequel for it. There are so many stories they could tell.
  • Darkwun - June 24, 2010 8:12 p.m.

ive been saying this for years! glad im not alone!
  • c03n3nj0 - June 24, 2010 8:25 p.m.

I remember loving this game! I need to get it and replay it someday.
  • quicksilver_502 - June 24, 2010 8:47 p.m.

the problem is that at the moment the russians are invading america every other day. loads of games are doing it or getting even more unrealistic and using north korea. (looking at you, Homefront)it might not be the best time for a sequel considering the saturation.
  • Revolt189 - June 24, 2010 8:57 p.m.

I concur with everything in this article.
  • Rhymenocerous - June 24, 2010 9:02 p.m.

Ah, Freedom Fighters, where is your sequal?! Wow, this is bringing back memories of the game; the desperate rebellion feel, the awesome safehouses, that epic cut-scene where the russians start melting the ice to try and sink the american ships. GREAT GAME!
  • RebornKusabi - June 24, 2010 9:14 p.m.

I only played through this game once but I do recall having a Hell of a time with it because of how fun and well put together it was. I would honestly love a sequel too.
  • TheWebSwinger - June 24, 2010 9:15 p.m.

Meh. I remember renting this back in the day, and thinking it was "Okay, nothing special." Dunno, mayhaps I was just too young to appreciate its glory.
  • Kameltoemunch - June 24, 2010 9:36 p.m.

The PC version was superior graphically and control wise. However the lack of multiplayer was a killer, and I played many hours of split-screen at my buddies house, who happened to own the xbox version. Freedom Fighters is by far one of my favorite games of all time. The simple but effective squad control mechanic was genius. I hoped and prayed and wished that they would release FF2, or at least modding tools for the original. Nothing would make me happier than a next gen Freedom Fighters title.
  • Sebastian16 - June 25, 2010 12:29 a.m.

This is the best article ever written.
  • Vitoruss1 - June 25, 2010 1:17 a.m.

Oh yeah, I remember playing a demo for this game on the original Xbox and I loved it. Still though, I have an image of it burnt into my mind and I do NOT remember it looking nearly that dated... wow...
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - June 25, 2010 1:24 a.m.

THANK YOU I have posted about this game like 100 times. This was my favorite game for my PS2 i'm glad someone else wants to see a sequel
  • superrey19 - June 25, 2010 1:54 a.m.

I played this game not realizing how great it would turn out to be. Boy was I surprised.
  • subzero8012001 - June 25, 2010 2:40 a.m.

Yeah I agree with you, this game is one of my favorites, and it had really cool features. I would really like to see a sequel come out with the abilities of today’s consoles. I’ve been waiting for them to bring a Freedom Fighters sequel out ever since I bet the first game. I really hope they do end up bring out a sequel to the game.
  • avantguardian - June 25, 2010 4:20 a.m.

yes-yes-yes-yes...make this happen!