• scsmith1 - June 24, 2010 6:44 p.m.

It's backwards compatible for Xbox 360, and used copies are cheap.
  • Baron164 - June 24, 2010 6:32 p.m.

I loved Freedom Fighers! I played the PC version way back when. That and MAX Payne were my favorite PC games of the last generation.
  • ArmTheBomb - June 24, 2010 6:29 p.m.

FF is the shit. I loved playing the multiplayer. I would command my troops to huddle up so that I could shoot them with the rocket launcher. I found it cheap that the American leader started with the Auto-shotgun though...
  • InFeRnOg - June 24, 2010 6:23 p.m.

I have Blood Money for PC and although I haven't played in awhile, I seem to recall jacked up graphically it looked pretty sweet (thus, why I consider it current-gen). But yes, a new Hitman is due.
  • r3ap3r - June 24, 2010 5:46 p.m.

that game was the shit ive bin dyin for a sequel for that and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
  • krabsich - June 24, 2010 5:39 p.m.

i forgot blood money came out on 360 (i played it on ps2), but that was 2006. imagine what a hitman or freedom fighters would be like now that the developers have more experience with the current gen tech.
  • ThatsWhatSheSaid - June 24, 2010 5:37 p.m.

is it even possible to play or buy now? i remember renting it wen it 1st came out, thought it was good, i was 14 then, so i think id appreciate it more now that im older and only so-so wiser
  • Ridgley - June 24, 2010 5:27 p.m.

I could not agree more. The story felt like it was really happening in a way not many games have before or since.
  • ColonelKc - June 24, 2010 5:23 p.m.

@InFeRnOg What are you talking about?
  • d0x - June 24, 2010 5:14 p.m.

I still play Freedom Fighters from time to time on my 360. It really is an amazing game that too few people have heard of. I dont think it got the attention to deserved on launch. I really do hope that make another.
  • InFeRnOg - June 24, 2010 5:03 p.m.

@krabsich: Isn't Hitman Blood Money considered current gen?
  • DustyRooster - June 24, 2010 4:52 p.m.

The multi player in this game was also very fun. I used to have epic shoot outs with my roommate. I was always the Soviets. I wish that they had more than 4 levels. The heavy snow in a couple of those levels were mind blowing!
  • Clovin64 - June 24, 2010 4:39 p.m.

By far my faveourite squad based shooter. It was so easy to grasp and fun to play, you only had a couple of commands to issue to your squad, but it was all that you needed! The soundtrack was beautiful, the graphics were crisp, the controls were perfect and the multiplayer mode was oh-so fun. I must have completed this game 6-7 times. WHY THE HELL WAS THERE NO SEQUEL DAMMIT!
  • krabsich - June 24, 2010 4:13 p.m.

@ColonelKc: that sniping mission was intense. the game had created a sense of hopelessness at that point where the mission felt more a desperate gamble to hurt the enemy before complete annihilation of the resistance. that has to be one of my all-time favorite levels. loved this game. where is this and hitman for the current gen? did anybody really feel the need for a sequel to kane & lynch?
  • camcam3947 - June 24, 2010 4:13 p.m.

hahhaha IVE THOUGHT OF THIS FOR SO LONG!!
  • Benjamin333 - June 24, 2010 4:03 p.m.

This was one of the first games I played with Ragdoll. Going from the canned animations of Timesplitters 2 to this was a revelation. It's true, Meiks, I have very fond, Okami-level memories for this game. But it hasn't aged well.
  • BlackKraken - June 24, 2010 3:56 p.m.

This was one of my favourite, if not THE favourite game on the xbox. Its such a shame I can't play it on the 360, especially since this article has reminded me that I want to play it NOW!
  • BleedingHatMcGillicutty - June 24, 2010 3:47 p.m.

I still replay this game every now and then. It's one of my favorites of the last generation. I don't think it should take place outside of America, though. After all, it ended with Chris saying the Soviets would be back with a bigger challenge. I really want to see what that is.
  • ventanger - June 24, 2010 3:44 p.m.

Just call it Red Dawn: The Official Game, make the hero a re-creation of Patrick Swayze and dedicate it in loving memory to the Swayze himself.
  • ColonelKc - June 24, 2010 3:42 p.m.

God i loved that one level when u have to sneak on that island and snipe that general........awesome