Topics

THQ

• ChaosEternal - January 16, 2012 4:05 p.m.

Well, glad to see the rumors are apparenly false. I need mah Darksiders 2! ^.^
  • mothy77 - January 16, 2012 11:56 a.m.

I hope THQ release Darksiders 2 before they go under (if they ever do) Competition is healthy, the remaining publishers (Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Sega, Square-Enix and Take Two) will no doubt consolidate and make us pay even more for DLC, so-called 'AAA' titles and the like. I suspect the only people to benefit from this 'news' are scalpers trying to make money from shorting THQ's stock. Gamers need THQ and other publishers to remain in business.
  • samsneeze - January 16, 2012 8:53 a.m.

THQ developed/published some of my favorite games. I don't even trust Square Enix with their own stuff nowadays. There's no way I'd be down with them getting a hold on something like Saints Row. Devil's Third was supposed to be published by them sometime this year or next if I'm not mistaken. Here's hoping nothing directly effects that.
  • jackthemenace - January 16, 2012 8:26 a.m.

Not 100% sure how much I care about THG, since I couldn't think of anything they'd been involved in up till now except Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (I think...)and Darksiders (purely from reading the article), but I seriously hope Darksiders 2 isn't cancelled, and the same goes for the South park RPG :/
  • profile0000 - January 16, 2012 7:48 a.m.

Whew. Their response relieves me. I have quite a lot of money invested in THQI. Nearly pissed myself when I originally saw this article before it was updated. Plus I like THQ as a publisher, and its demise would be saddening. Actually, I think I did piss myself.
  • ObliqueZombie - January 15, 2012 11:29 p.m.

Go. Away. No one wants you.
  • Netsurfer733 - January 15, 2012 9:44 p.m.

THQ...don't you DARE even THINK about cancelling the DMO MMO! The girlfriend and I have been tremendously looking forward to this title since it was announced; it is in fact our most highly anticipated game. Please, even though you did not say you will get rid of DMO - do NOT let it go!!
  • BladedFalcon - January 15, 2012 9:33 p.m.

This is sad, but not surprising, considering all the laydowns the company had last year. And well, forgive my cynicism, but frankly, if a big gaming company had to fall, I'm honestly glad it's THQ and not someone else, save from saints row, I don't really care much for their franchises.
  • TURbo - January 15, 2012 7:53 p.m.

THQ is going to fade away to another publisher. Their stock has been really shitty.
  • garnsr - January 15, 2012 7:43 p.m.

I've actually bought a handful of THQ games in the past couple of years. Surprising, since I remember when THQ was essentially another version of Acclaim back in the day, putting out absolute crap all the time. They've done some real games lately, though I wouldn't consider them to be quite the same level as a Capcom, Konami, Naughty Dog, or such.
  • SparkleDevon - January 15, 2012 7:12 p.m.

I've never like Patcher. Just sayin'.
  • SparkleDevon - January 15, 2012 7:13 p.m.

Pachter*
  • tehSharkness - January 15, 2012 7:09 p.m.

As long as Relic makes me some more Dawn of War, and Vigil continues on Darksiders, I'm happy. That being said, THQ has taken some risks over the years, notably with the Saints Row 2&3, so it would be sad to see them go.
  • MonocledYaoGuai - January 15, 2012 5:44 p.m.

Oh no! If THQ closes down, how will you go to WWE shows Henry?!
  • gondarpwns - January 15, 2012 5:43 p.m.

Dont die yet.... and atleast go out with a bang( HomeFront 2, SP:The Game, Darksiders 2)
  • doominatorx6 - January 15, 2012 5:09 p.m.

Did THQ really have that bad of a year? I heard stuff like Saints Row the Third sold well, but they did have their share of flops. Homefront could NEVER meet expectations, and Red Faction had nowhere to go but down after the masterpiece that was Guerilla.
  • MidianGTX - January 15, 2012 5:55 p.m.

Guerilla only ever felt like the groundwork for a masterpiece to me. They had the tech there, they just needed to create something truly impressive around it. Once you've had a bit of fun blowing stuff up you're left with an uninspiring desolate wasteland, mediocre combat and a boring story tasked with dragging you to the next upright structure.
  • Marteo Broter - January 15, 2012 5:02 p.m.

I will be a sad sack if Homefront 2 is cancelled.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 15, 2012 4:25 p.m.

THQ kicks the bucket? That leaves EA and Activision. Call of Duty starts losing steam (someday) and Activision goes under. EA is left as the largest gaming company, who only has to compete with smaller developers and publishers. I actually would be fine with that. I just hope that the South Park RPG gets released alright.