• ShadowRamen - December 1, 2011 7:28 a.m.

Wow. has anyone mentioned Cole Mcgrath? thatd be great to see him. if hes not in it, ima be pissed.
  • TheFabricOfTime - November 29, 2011 1:08 p.m.

I'd make a a joke about ripping off Nintendo here, but Sweet Tooth VS. Sackboy? That's something I've got to see.
  • Jrymanz - November 28, 2011 8:28 p.m.

I've been waiting for something like this. I really hope it is good.
  • ThatGamerDude - November 28, 2011 6:46 p.m.

I'm hoping you can play as the Chimera from Resistance. Could you imagine the Leviathan as a playable character? Of course not that's ridiculous.
  • taokaka - November 28, 2011 4:49 p.m.

They better make the wind from flower a playable character or else I'm going to be pissed.
  • Bantha_Fodder - November 28, 2011 2:48 p.m.

so we have Sweettooth, Nathan Drake, Kratos, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Fat Princess, Parappa the Rapper, and Colonel Mael Radec confirmed... let's get Crash Bandicoot, Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank, Spyro (THE CLASSIC ONE. bonus points if they get Tom Kenny back), and of course, Kevin Butler. it'd be glorious.
  • jmcgrotty - November 29, 2011 1:09 a.m.

I concede that this is nit-picking, but no, we don't have those characters "confirmed". As of right now, there is no confirmation that the game even exists. The only confirmation we have is that we can confirm that someone else said they could confirm something that soemone else confirmed to them. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that they will all end up being true, but nothing right now has been "confirmed" And as for guesses at other characters, there is a wrinkle that hasn't been properly addressed yet by all the rumors: Who is in the game, developer-wise? Is it "sony-owned characters only" as some people claim? Is it "characters appearing in sony-exclusive games" as some people claim? Is it... well, you get my point. The reason this matters can be most easily pointed out with Crash Bandicoot. He is very much associated with Sony, but he is owned by Activision and has appeared in games for every system released since the Playstation (Except PS3). All that being said, I think that he will show up, but there are really just a fair number of questions on the specifics that need to be answered.
  • Bantha_Fodder - November 28, 2011 2:44 p.m.

I am... intrigued... but they NEED to have Sackboy. it's not a PS3 party without LittleBigPlanet. the thing is, if you think about it, Nintendo characters would play VERY differently from Sony characters in a game like this. there would be similarities, sure, but this could take the Smash Bros. concept (everyone gets together and knocks the piss out of eachother. fan shoutouts are everywhere) and introduce a totally different play style.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - November 28, 2011 2:19 p.m.

Super smash bros was mostly cartoony characters and it kinda fit Idk about this. But can we get original trilogy spyro please? and Crash bandicoot? And Abe? Spike from Ape Escape? Sir Dan? NOSTALGIA
  • tymillz102 - November 28, 2011 12:51 p.m.

I cannot not wait for this game!!
  • jmcgrotty - November 29, 2011 1:11 a.m.

Did you mean the double-negative?
  • Zanetsuken - November 28, 2011 12:38 p.m.

No Ratchet & Clank? NO SALE In all seriousness, I'm sure they'll be in the game. I'm honestly surprised that it took Sony this long. Also, FriedBeans wins the comment section for this article. XD
  • Omrikon - November 28, 2011 12:35 p.m.

Sounds interesting. Maybe they'll actually have online play like SSB never did. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the potential character list. Namely, where's Crash Bandicoot?
  • tymillz102 - November 28, 2011 12:53 p.m.

SSBB had online play, but it wasn't that great because of lag and matchmaking problems.
  • BladedFalcon - November 28, 2011 12:34 p.m.

Too early to make any real opinion of it. Certainly not an original idea at all, but if they can at least make it as fun as an actual Smash Bros game, and not like, say Onimusha Blade warriors. (Which got old really, really fast.) Then it might be worth checking it out. Also, they should get Wander, bonus points if they include Agro somehow.
  • NightCrawler_358 - November 28, 2011 12:26 p.m.

hmm, this looks pretty cool, I guess I'll have to watch the VGAs... They're pretty awful, but the games announced are not!
  • RedHarlow - November 28, 2011 12:17 p.m.

Who the hell is Paul Gale?
  • taokaka - November 28, 2011 4:44 p.m.

Only the greatest man ever! Have you never heard of him because he is a household name and you must be living under a rock to have not heard of the Paul Gale. In other words, no clue.
  • jmcgrotty - November 29, 2011 3:06 a.m.

He has written for 1up.com and bitmob.com, EGM and a few others. He was also a background character in Street Fighter 4's Cruise Ship level (at youtube.com/watch?v=EX6I0Bj5WYU , you can see his name in the credits around the 3:50 mark), as well as appearing in a Street Fighter comic.
  • WTeen8 - November 28, 2011 11:15 a.m.

so soon we'll see Smash Bros. 4, That weird Cartoon Network one (That was released already right?), and a Sony smasher. Cool. Brawlers for all.