• Dadyo238 - January 26, 2012 7:06 a.m.

Looks like PSP and IPhone had a baby and that baby knocked up a 3DS.
  • Arlips - January 26, 2012 2:40 a.m.

They couldn't have picked some newer games? I'm guessing their plan is to sell more games to be playable on the system, because if that's the final game list and if you can't get more games for it, count me out. Where are all the more recent KoF games, SVC Chaos, Magical Drop, Shock Troopers, BUST-A-MOVE/Puzzle Bobble, and all the other great games Neo-Geo was known for? Really hoping they plan on releasing more games and this list of pre-loaded games is intentionally not that great to get people to buy more. If I could play SVC Chaos and Metal Slug 6 on the go without having to jump through hoops with an emulator, I'd buy this in a second. Right now though, what a terrible list of games.
  • R-ape - January 26, 2012 12:50 a.m.

I can't believe nobody has said this yet, so I guess it's up to me; FOUR BRIGHT BUTTONS AND TWO JOYSTICKSHS! King me.
  • FPL4293 - January 25, 2012 10:02 p.m.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuu? where the hell did this come from?
  • garfunkling - January 25, 2012 9:49 p.m.

I would totally buy that if it was under $120
  • moflomian - January 25, 2012 6:19 p.m.

That looks.... So nice... Easily pay $80 to even $100. Just for the whole "no one else has this, and it's sooo nice." Yeah, you can judge me for it. As long as I get my hands on that, I really don't care....
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - January 25, 2012 4 p.m.

If this thing is under 80 bucks, it's a day-one purchase for me.
  • burnsideking24 - January 25, 2012 3:14 p.m.

this looks like a rectangle psp to me. and why hasnt sony or nintendo though of putting L1 & L2 & R1 & R2 buttons on the shoulder of their handhelds?! when i saw that i immediately thought this. oh and "BRILLIANT!" came into mind as well. Even if the picture of said buttons looks odd. The placement of L1 and R1 are different. I hope thats not how it'll really be
  • darkrobman - January 25, 2012 1:37 p.m.

They release this kind of stuff in China alot I kinda have my eyes on on a JXD S700. But if this comes out in the states it would be pretty coul seeing how its oficial whereas the chinese ones are not. Im 16 and I really like classic games can anybody recommend some good obscure ones?
  • MonocledYaoGuai - January 25, 2012 1:25 p.m.

I would gladly buy one of these.
  • marioman50 - January 25, 2012 12:22 p.m.

whoa, look at the design, looks so iPhone-y
  • DirkSteele1 - January 25, 2012 12:09 p.m.

Always looked on with great envy at the adverts in early 90's games magazines for Neo Geo consoles from "Your Local Game Emporium" and was lucky enough to play on a few times at birthday parties. I would love to have one now that fits in my pocket...As long as it does not cost £600 like it did back in the 90's! And if some clever chaps would like to create emulator software for it, that would be nice as well.
  • chriszewski - January 25, 2012 12:07 p.m.

Needs 3G... But if it were to be under 50 bucks i'd pick it up day 1. And under $50 =/= $49.99
  • Darkhawk - January 25, 2012 11:30 a.m.

Just in time for the SNK sale on PSN.
  • SGTCOOL - January 25, 2012 11:17 a.m.

Assuming this isn't a bad photoshop, (Notice the L1 button is on the outside...what the fuck?!)I'd pick one up if it were cheap, had a really long battery life and if it were incredibly easy to mod and make into an emulator.
  • wingsdjy - January 25, 2012 12:17 p.m.

It's already primed for a western release. Left to right the buttons are L1, L2, R1, R2.
  • therawski - January 25, 2012 11 a.m.

It looks sleek but cheap at the same time, kinda digging the shoulder buttons tho, don't think I would buy it if it was more than $30
  • e1337prodigy - January 25, 2012 10:58 a.m.

Awesome. I still have my neo geo pocket colour, awesome handheld. Hope this is just as good.
  • SomeOddGuy - January 25, 2012 10:49 a.m.

I'm really gonna have to agree around here that one of the first things that come to mind when I saw this was how similar it looked to the iPhone 4. Still, being an uber junkie for old Neo Geo arcade titles, I'm wondering what support and pricing is going to look like for this to decide whether I'm excited or just shaking my head in disappointment.
  • snipes101 - January 25, 2012 10:42 a.m.

Sure does look sleek. And screw Apple if they file lawsuit over this. They need no more money. On topic...so this is a stupid question, but will this only play Neo Geo games? If so how will we purchase them or download them or whatever? Will you be able to hook this up to a computer and sync it or will it all be done through the scard slot?