• BladedFalcon - June 5, 2013 10:23 a.m.

Booo! Honestly, publishers should know better than to hype up a property that is known in consoles, and then revealing that it's in fact, on an inferior, non-gaming friendly platform.
  • Tjwoods18 - June 5, 2013 11:59 a.m.

Why do you say, non-gaming friendly platform? Tablet computing has offered somthing that gamers have been wanting for as long as I can remember, a break away from $60 gaming. It has done this so much that “In the US, 48 million people are actively engaged in smartphone and tablet gaming, more than double the 23 million playing free-to-play MMOs on PC,” said Jason Coston, senior analyst at Interpret. To say that tablets are inferior to consoles is reasonable to say, I agree with you on that; however, saying that it is non-gaming friendly is skeptical to say.
  • BladedFalcon - June 5, 2013 1:14 p.m.

Do tablets support controllers? Mouse and Keyboard? If the answer is no, then they ARE gaming friendly. At least if we're speaking of proper games that WOULD be worth 40 bucks or more. It's been proven time and time again that having a palpable, analog kind of controller or keyboard and mouse are the optimal ways of input of a game, at least, if you want as much as precision as possible. Tablets and smartphones work well with simple schemes like the ones used in Plants Vs Zombies and angry birds. But anything that requires precise spacial movement, touch controls simply don't cut it. Proof? Contra, a 25+ year old classic that can be played no problem in any system with a controller plays like fucking shit in a smart-phone. Also, are you seriously using sales and polarity to meassure a platform's validity? If so, you must think that the Wii was the clear pinnacle of gaming this generation! *rolls eyes*
  • xRedFury - June 5, 2013 2:34 p.m.

My Nexus 7 supports both Controller and Mouse and Keyboard. Are you pulling these facts out of your arse?
  • BladedFalcon - June 5, 2013 2:40 p.m.

Guess I was, if your tablet indeed allows you to play with a controller, then obviously that part of my argument is void. I was under the impression that they weren't supported, but seems I was mistaken. Not with smart-phones though, I'm sure.
  • xRedFury - June 5, 2013 2:47 p.m.

Yeah I don't think smartphones are :) Tablets have come a long way. The newer Android/Windows tablets are running Tegra quadcore chips. Google Play even has a full version of Vice City, obviously it's nowhere near consoles but it's emerging as a new gaming platform :)
  • BladedFalcon - June 5, 2013 3:01 p.m.

Alright, fair enough. Then my opinion of tablets might end up changing in the future. Though I do think that if ?m gonna go down that route, I might as well just get a Gaming laptop or a PC instead. Sure, it would be more expensive, but probably more powerful and long lasting, no?
  • Tjwoods18 - June 5, 2013 3:46 p.m.

Have you not heard of Blutrol? You can map just about any Ios game to a PS3 controller with it. I have tried it on a few games, but I believe that it can work with any game available. You have a vague perception on tablet gaming, just like the average gamer. The right kind of tablet can do alot if you just open your mind. From just supporting a current generation game with the same standards (Xcom) to quickly bringing back memories of beloved titles (Star Wars Knights of the old Republic), the plateform has always been on the rise. There is a reason why square decided to make this a portable game, namely because it presents less of a risk and has a wide audience to apply to.
  • BladedFalcon - June 5, 2013 4:16 p.m.

Yeah, note above that I got schooled regarding use of controllers in tablets. And well, perhaps you're right, but it still feels like a marked downgrade to develop a game from an existing known franchise to a less powerful and markedly different market. it's like how SEGA thought it was a good idea to downgrade Valkyria Chronicles from being a gorgeous PS3 title, to making the sequels for the PSP. And lo and behold, that franchise is no more... I wonder why >_>
  • Sinsational - June 5, 2013 10:23 a.m.

HOW DO YOU MAKE THE GUY FLIPPING A TABLE?! I WANT TO FLIP SOME TABLES -- RIGHT NAOW!! Seriously though.... this is such a kick to the balls....
  • artcellrox - June 7, 2013 1:55 a.m.

Use the website japaneseemoticons. It's under Actions -> Other Actions.