• punishment - May 17, 2014 9:26 a.m.

I would love to see more directors/actors commentary options. Basically hotspots or pickups around the level that activate a commentary about the particular scene, or character. I think Half Life 2 did this, but I can't recall too well.
  • winner2 - May 19, 2014 2:52 p.m.

Monkey island. 2 did it well, check that out
  • Enmaz - May 17, 2014 6:59 a.m.

Okay so I don't comment often (ever?) but damn if Tom wasn't my favourite part of this podcast, dat rambling tho. Best of luck in the future mate.
  • EAC73 - May 17, 2014 6:48 a.m.

I would like a game where every main character is voiced by a big actor. I think it will open up the possibilities of voice acting in games to many actors who haven't considered it. Sure we love our Nolan North and Troy Baker, but we need some voices that we haven't' heard yet in games and some that will make the public aware of big game titles.
  • Lurkero - May 17, 2014 6:04 a.m.

I think most movie mechanics have made their way into videogames quite often so I don't know how much there is to add. There are a couple of mechanics that are infrequent and those are the "constant chase" movies and the "disjointed narrative" movies. Disjointed narrative would be something like "Pulp Fiction" where events are told from different perspectives and they uniquely join up at some point and the constant chase mechanic would be good for the Mirror's Edge reboot. Not many games do the "untrustworthy narrator" mechanic either. That would be a cool one to have. Bastion sort of did it. =============== The discussion about Tom Magrino leaving is the perfect example of why I am glad he is leaving: "I don't hire people's friends" "Hey Sophia, thanks for the job." It's fun when there are opposing or controversial personalities on the show, but Tom's constant insistence on interrupting others to add in unfunny jokes was grating to me. It didn't feel the same as the other hosts personalities. If everyone got along then that's fine of course, but it didn't come off that way in the podcasts to me. His presence often seemed to be a negative contribution to the group. Besides, I read some news that Future is cutting back again. Tom might be getting to a safe spot. Good luck to him.
  • RODTheMaster - May 17, 2014 12:23 a.m.

I wish you the best, Tom. I've always appreciated your high enthusiasm on the 'cast and it won't be the same without you.
  • TheGooseinator - May 16, 2014 11:43 p.m.

Wow. I always kind of thought that Tom was kidding when he said how good he was at League of Legends. Oh well. Good luck at your new job at Riot Games, Tom, and know that you will certainly be missed!
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 17, 2014 2:05 p.m.

Fact: Tom is terrible at League of Legends. Luckily his new job doesn't require him to be good at it :P
  • TheGooseinator - May 17, 2014 10:31 p.m.

Okay then lol XD Anyways I wish him the best of luck!
  • g1rldraco7 - May 16, 2014 10:37 p.m.

Tom Magrino leaving GR.......wow this is just depressing. Main reason I came to GR was to follow Tom Magrino and seriously if another person leaves then I would just leave this site and never come back. Like anyone would care if I left :( I also saw the new Godzilla movie and I liked it alot. Even got a Godzilla shirt to wear as I watched it. I would like games to keep making sequels despite the fact people rage and complain about them, but still buy them. Resident Evil I am talking about you.
  • Sinosaur - May 16, 2014 10:18 p.m.

QotW: The mechanic I'd like to see games take from movies is the price. Hell yes I'd like to pay $10-$14 for my new blockbuster games! I mean the story mode lasts as long as a Peter Jackson movie anyway, right? Podcast reaction: Sad to hear Tom go, especially since now that all he's going to do will be League of Legends I will never be able to enjoy anything he does. Lots of people do like League, though, so good luck, Tom. Also, apparently I win last week's QotW, does that still include some sort of prize or does it just mean I'm better than everyone else?
  • GOD - May 17, 2014 5:52 p.m.

Pretty sure prizes are still a thing... they're just not very efficient at it since losing the previous person who handled all of it.
  • GOD - May 16, 2014 9:09 p.m.

And I haven't listened yet but I can only assume that in preparation for Everquest Next, Tom is literally going into the computer.
  • GOD - May 16, 2014 9:07 p.m.

Qotw: I want games to utilize optical illusions in level designs. This seems like something that would be kind of unnecessary in a game because anything can be rendered how they want it to look in the game, but when you actual see an optical illusion in a game it makes it seem like a much more physical, tangible, and real thing when you see that it was actually just clever object placement or a trick with perspective. The only time I remember ever seeing it in a game is in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer map, City of Brass, but it really stuck with me because of how real it makes it feel when perspective can play tricks on you like in reality. Clip: http://youtu.be/_1Rvg6SHptg And here's just another real life example that I find to be pretty cool. Just imagine in a game, walking into a room and seeing this... you'd freak out and if you had a gun probably try and shoot it, alerting any real enemies in the area all because of an inanimate object. http://youtu.be/A4QcyW-qTUg?t=1m25s
  • PlainLikeVanilla - May 16, 2014 8:02 p.m.

Will not miss the negativity he brought to the podcast.
  • MySistersPeriodTastesFunny - May 17, 2014 5:37 p.m.

You poor, delicate flower.
  • AwkwardLoser - May 16, 2014 7:44 p.m.

I'd like to see a Multiplayer game some where in between Borderlands and an MMO so it's not too bug but more than 4 player where Time Travel players a role, so lets says events on one side of the world by a group can effect the types of enemies and weapons in use at a moment's notice. This of course is very shaky when brought up via a forum post but a bunch of developers could hammer something out with time and money.
  • TaserLime - May 16, 2014 7:02 p.m.

I would like to see the mechanic of line-clearing in more games. Like in Tetris.
  • universaltofu - May 16, 2014 7:01 p.m.

QOTW : Memento. You could have the levels play out in reverse order while also incorporating some way to make the character forget what the player won't. You could use tattoo shops as save points. Take pictures of people to keep track of them. Most importantly of all though, never answer the phone.
  • rcarrasco121 - May 16, 2014 6:33 p.m.

TOMMAGRINO is back! and then he's gone.... Seriously, what the Hell Tom?!?!?!?! Anyway I would like a game that borrows the filming style of Cloverfield. Imagine playing as a news cameraman where your goal was to get as much footage of a Godzilla-like monster as it's destroying a city.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - May 16, 2014 5:31 p.m.

Yay Tom is back! Hope he hasn't changed TOO much, he was always one of my favorites.