Be ready for the Destiny 2 weekly reset, which happens every week at 5pm UTC, so that you can check in and see what’s new in the game. The reset changes all sorts of things each week, but the main thing is that it resets every challenge, including the ones for the Ketchcrash and Expedition activities in Season of Plunder. Expect Eververse store stock updates with occasional new emotes, shaders, and cosmetics, Pinnacle challenge resets boost your Power Level, and rotating featured Raids and Dungeons for varying endgame loot each week. Here’s what you need to know about when to log in to Destiny 2 for the weekly reset, and everything that gets reset.
Destiny 2 Season 18, known as Season of Plunder, is in its final few weeks before Season 19 arrives, so make sure you get all the pirate-themed gear. Also keep an eye out for the Destiny 2 Fortnite armor in the Eververse store to get it for free using Bright Dust.
What time is the weekly reset in Destiny 2?
The weekly reset time for Destiny 2 is every Tuesday at 5pm UTC. This is every Tuesday at 9am PST / 12pm EST / 5pm GMT / 6PM CET. If you live elsewhere in the world, find out what 5pm UTC is in your local time to get your Destiny 2 weekly reset time. For far eastern parts of the world, such as New Zealand and Australia, the reset time will be very early on Wednesday.
Make sure you've got the best Destiny 2 Exotics to carry you through all the week's activities
Since the reset time is based on UTC, it means that the weekly reset time in your area will change based on your current time zone and any changes to it due to daylight savings times, if that’s something your region observes. Keep track of any changes to your time zone and remember that they’ll affect when you need to check in for the weekly reset in Destiny 2. There is also a daily reset in Destiny 2 for things like bounties and vendor stock refreshes which happens at 5pm UTC every day too.
What does the Destiny 2 weekly reset change?
When the weekly reset happens, lots of things will rotate or reset in Destiny 2 - expect all the regular playlist challenges, activities from Destiny 2 The Witch Queen, the Destiny 2 Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack, and seasonal content from the current Season of Plunder to see changes. Here’s everything new that the Destiny 2 weekly reset brings:
- Eververse stock refresh
- Weekly Nightfall Strike mission
- Weekly Vanguard Ops Playlist challenge
- Vanguard Ops Playlist modifiers and other PvE activity modifiers
- Vanguard Service vendor bounty challenge from Commander Zavala
- Nightfall 100,000 Score challenge
- Nightfall Completion challenge
- King’s Fall Raid completion challenge
- Rotating encounter challenges for all Raids
- Featured Raid and Dungeon rotation
- Featured Raid and Dungeon completion challenge – note that featured Raids and Dungeons have uncapped loot and can be repeated
- Raid and Dungeon loot for all non-featured Raids and Dungeons
- Crucible Rotator Playlist mode
- Crucible match completion challenge
- Crucible Glory: Survival challenge
- Live-Fire Exercises vendor bounty challenge from Lord Shaxx
- Trials of Osiris round wins challenge (when Trials of Osiris is active)
- Saint-14 Trials of Osiris match wins challenge (when Trials of Osiris is active)
- Gambit match completion challenge
- Shady Schemes vendor bounty challenge from The Drifter
- Clan Rewards Clan XP challenge
- Weekly Clan activity Engrams
- Eternity: Dares of Eternity completion challenge, Dares of Eternity 250,000 Score challenge, Dares of Eternity Legend Modifiers
- Europa: Eclipsed Zone location, Exo Simulation, and Empire Hunt mission
- Moon: Nightmare Hunts, Wandering Nightmare, and Moon Trove Guardian location
- Dreaming City: Curse strength, Petra location, Ascendant Challenge, weekly mission, and Blind Well final bosses
- Fynch's Challenge vendor bounty challenge on the Throne World
- The Witch Queen campaign mission completion challenge
- The Witch Queen campaign mission 100,000 Score challenge
- Wellspring completion challenge
- Wellspring Master difficulty completion challenge
- Altars of Reflection completion challenge
- Preservation mission completion challenge
- Vox Obscura exotic mission weekly challenge
- Duality Dungeon completion challenge
- Containment Ritual vendor bounty challenge from the Crown of Sorrow
- New Seasonal Story Quest (not always available)
- More Seasonal Challenges (only up to week 10 of the current season)
- The Astral Seas vendor bounty challenge from the Star Chart
- Ketchcrash completions challenge
- Ketchcrash Master difficulty completion challenge
- Expeditions treasures challenge
What does the Destiny 2 daily reset change?
These things change or reset every day in Destiny 2 at 5pm UTC, including whenever a weekly reset happens:
- Vendor Bounties
- Vendor stock, such as Banshee-44 and Ada-1’s armor mods
- Material conversions, such as Master Rahool’s Destination Materials
- Legend Lost Sector
- Wellspring reward weapon and Attack/Defend variant
- Eververse daily discounted item
As a special case, Xur’s arrival with a new haul of Exotic items and Trials of Osiris are weekend activities and only become available with every Friday daily reset. Obviously, while Trials of Osiris challenges reset weekly on Tuesdays, they can’t be completed until Trials arrives on Friday – Saint-14 can still be accessed at any time, however. Both Xur and Trials of Osiris stick around until the next weekly reset on Tuesday.