• JakePPetersen - February 16, 2013 4:01 p.m.

Also, what was your name on the TDar forums, Greg? And why the F*&K did the forums get shut down in the first place?
  • BladedFalcon - February 16, 2013 8:41 p.m.

I joined the forums a couple months before they were shut down, and tried to participate... But honestly, by that point they were kind of a huge mess, and mostly inactive or otherwise repellent to newcomers. Not saying the place wasn't great at one point, but by then I can't say I was surprised that they pulled the plug.
  • BladedFalcon - February 17, 2013 5:34 a.m.

Here's hoping!
  • JakePPetersen - February 16, 2013 4 p.m.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 needs to be much higher, 30s at the least. The game is a masterpiece of online FPS gameplay, with great balance and pulse-pounding objective gameplay (I still play BC2 Rush on a regular basis to this day, nearly 3 years after it came out). Also, Star Wars: Battlefront II needs to be on there, because that's like my favorite game ever and I believe it belongs on all Top X games of Y list ever, simply for being awesome.
  • TaserLime - February 16, 2013 6:28 p.m.

Don't know why my computer changed trivia to tribute but it did. Anyways shut up Tom stop holding up the conversation so you can act like you know irrelevant trivia that you don't know.
  • TaserLime - February 16, 2013 2:54 p.m.

Tom needs to stop acting like he knows everything. He constantly brings up video game tributes in a tangent, and when the other hosts doubt him, instead of modestly letting his point drop, he belligerently carries on and on. Not only is it incredibly not fun to listen to, but what he claims to know is consistently incorrect. Shut up.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - February 16, 2013 9:54 p.m.

Who DO you like???
  • TaserLime - February 17, 2013 7:01 p.m.

Henry and Ryan are both great on the podcast. They have quick wit, are never too obnoxious or abrasive, and have good presence. Hollander yells too much and that gets annoying especially because he's not that funny. Also, Hollander, is it possible for you to have a neutral opinion on ANYTHING? Either you adore a game/concept/developer or you think it's the worst thing ever and you act like an asshole troll. Do you seriously have no grey area. Tom is too abrasive in his personality and it consistently seems like you, Tom and Hollander all hate each other. Now before you go all "Well if all you're going to do is complain than just let it go instead of bitching" let me say that although I was sad when the original GamesRadar jumped shift, I still want to like your site and one of the main things is the podcast. So I mean I'm trying to give you guys a chance, just I don't know, consider these suggestions. Also where is B. Buttercup/Leopold Margarine/Chairman Steve/in joke mcIn joke?
  • codystovall - February 16, 2013 1:24 p.m.

Looking at your list I say I disagree most with pokemon black and white pick. Black and white is new yes but its not that great compared to other pokemon games, even black and white 2. The pokemon arent as charming and neither are the characters nor are the locations of other games. Sure it brings in the cool concept of the ethical use of the mons but whatever. I think the game is more interesting if youve been playing pokemon for awhile. I believe the best modern pokemon game is Heartgold and Soulsilver. Theyre beautifully crafted remakes and have a great blend of the old and new, have all the key and loved characters of the franchise, the pokemon starters and legendaries everyone loves and just overall embodies the sense of adventure from your start in New Bark Town to your revisit of Kanto to your final showdown on top of Mt Silver with the protagonist of the first game that makes this pokemon game standout above the rest and is amazing.
  • codystovall - February 16, 2013 9:47 p.m.

My other complaint is that when you step back and look at the overall list it looks very disjointed. Theres really no theme and seems like a jumble of nostalgia vs best of today vs best of series vs personal favs vs that thing exists and I remember it. Seems like many worthy games and even franchises have been left off in favor indie, arcade, online, old, small or obscure ones, noticeably some great recent ones and of the past. - My final complaint is that you didnt wait for Bioshock Infinite to come out which could'a been'a contend'a fo' numb'a one.
  • RODTheMaster - February 16, 2013 10:46 a.m.

Okay so, regarding the Top 100 QOTW: I am still baffled by Wind Waker's popularity. This has nothing to do with the game's art direction, as I think the cel shaded visuals are gorgeous and I can't wait to see them on the Wii U, but that game has gigantic pacing issues. Sure the sailing is tedious, but that's not what I'm talking about. The are only a handful of dungeons, and most are clumped together in the game's first half; and there is a terrible, multiple hour fetch quest in the final stretch of the game. It seems like every one repressed this aspect, in which we were forced to raise several thousand rupees, pay Tingle, and then unearth triforce pieces in a very un-fun boat mechanic. Am I the only person that remembers this stuff?
  • codystovall - February 16, 2013 1:12 p.m.

Im not even a zelda fan but even I wonder why wind waker is so beloved.
  • BladedFalcon - February 16, 2013 8:42 a.m.

Welcome to the cast Greg! And may God have mercy on your soul for having to put up with us :P Anyway, the one entry I disagree the most with in your list is Chrono Trigger. I've already ranted extensively about it in the "why Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time" article, so I'll keep it more concise here: It's a good RPG, does everything well, but it also does nothing GREAT nor is it the best at anything. The entire cast is cartoonishly simple, and you barely get any meaningful interactions with them during the main story nor do they get any chance to get fleshed out until pretty much the endgame side quests. Likewise, the core story is actually very simple and straightforward, and the time travel element serves little more purpose than a plot device to allow different scenery in the dungeons. The combat is solid, but leans on the easy side thanks to the ridiculously overpowered team attacks, and it isn't very deep. Basically, it's a digestible game, and very accessible, but I never really felt challenged or moved by it in any way. it didn't do anything particularly terrible, but I also didn't think it excelled in anything. So really, I have big issues about such a game being considered the "second best game of all time". And specially being above games of the same genre that told much better, deeper stories, such as Final Fantasy VI, which sits criminally low on the 29th spot. Or games that that much more original, different, or better combat, such as The World Ends With You. ..Which, by the way, that's also one of my biggest gripes, why isn't TWEWY on that list?
  • shawksta - February 16, 2013 12:23 a.m.

Welcome to the Radio Greg! GEARBOX: IF IT AINT OUR OWN IP, WE DONT GIVE TWO SHITS I cant really find anything to disagree on, and i cant find a reason to, its your Top 100 list, its not like its the entire worlds Top 100. If i had to disagree on SOMETHING i would have to disagree on the fact that Ace Attorney isnt there, which is otherwise the god tier inspirations for Modern Visual Novels of otherwise stupid ideas for gaming games.
  • Tranquilbez34 - February 15, 2013 9:16 p.m.

Put San Andreas back in there!
  • Ironarm - February 15, 2013 7:13 p.m.

Don't get me wrong, I love Paper Mario. I just love The Thousand Year Door much, much more. I had much more fun with the combat, pulling off those fancy moves to gain the audience applause. I enjoyed the sidekicks more, the story, and pretty much everything else. Going to the moon was amazing. Having the final boss possess Peach for the first part of the battle...my jaw was dropped. For a 13 year old, that was just brilliant. Having Mario trade places with the boss after the battle? Mindblown. The first game was great and had a ton of outstanding moments, but the second game just had more for me. Luigi's side adventure was hilarious and I still laugh to this day thinking about the absurdity of it. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the #1 Paper Mario game for me. Also, TTYD had Rawk Hawk. That was such a standout Chapter in that game.
  • codystovall - February 15, 2013 8:10 p.m.

Thousand year door was the best hands down. Would rather have a 3ds version of it than a new one(sticker star).
  • RebornKusabi - February 15, 2013 6:29 p.m.

No System Shock 2 entry makes me sad. I'm not a band-wagon person, since a Top X list by it's nature is a subjective list. But it still makes me sad. as someone who recently (as of two years ago) played it and fell in love with it. I get why it wasn't included- I don't think anyone on staff have played it and if they did, they probably feel Bioshock is better. I disagree with that as someone who played System Shock 2 for the very first time a couple of years ago. I actually didn't see what was so great about Bioshock at release and I still don't see it even after all of these years have gone by (Oh look, you did Manchurian Candidate with a video game slant- cute). Besides, like System Shock 2, the sequel game was better than the original in every way. Other than that, I actually agreed with everything else though I feel as an important game and as a statement, Dark Souls should have been higher.
  • rainn'sgaydar - February 15, 2013 6:03 p.m.

I disagree most with the choice of Mass Effect 2 over 3. While individual stories were better in 2, the overarching story barely gets anywhere. 3, on the other hand, (spoiler alert) has a freaking thresher maw attacking a reaper in the dust storms of Tuchanka, Shepard going one on one with another Reaper, and the whole end of the Rannock sequence is gut wrenching, especially if you fail to save the quarians. Thessia's destruction and the impact it has on everyone is also pretty emotional. I know people had issue with the ending, but I never heard a truly convincing argument for why it was bad. I've said all of that and haven't mentioned the multiplayer that people easily sunk 100+ hours into, 3's superior combat system overall, or the more varied enemies of 3. (Aside: Does it seem plausible to anyone else that the inclusion of multiplayer is the reason the single player combat was so improved?) Having said all that, I understand completely why you would take 2 over 3, so please spare me the replies about how wrong I am. I get it. I just disagree.
  • StrayGator - February 15, 2013 4:49 p.m.

Tetris. Put it back there.