• g1rldraco7 - February 7, 2014 8:49 p.m.

Dragon Age Origins is really hard for to get my friends to play. Bioware screwed themselves by rushing Dragon Age 2 and as soon I try to explain how fun Dragon Age is, they just go on rants about how it's not worth it. Also one of my friends said Origins looks like an MMO and I just tore her a new one about badmouthing Dragon Age Origins.
  • Sinosaur - February 7, 2014 8:31 p.m.

You might not believe it, GamesRadar, but the game I've been trying to sell (and nobody is buying) is To The Moon. I first learned about it here on GR from none other than Hollander Cooper... and he sold me on it enough to put it on my wishlist. Then one of my friends bought it for me during the 2012 winter sale. I played it immediately and fell in love. Flash forward to Winter Sale 2013 and it hits me "Whoa, the perfect Christmas gift is an emotionally moving game that's still with me even a year later." So I go and I buy it for all of my friends, write them personal notes about how great this is and how they should just give it four hours. ...None of them have even touched it. I know because I bought it for them on Steam and they're not on the list of people who have played it. I even bought them the version that came with the beautiful soundtrack! I sent them Steam messages about how they should just give it 4 hours and I swear it's one of the most touching experiences ever! ...but instead I see them playing dozens of hours of other games. SKYRIM WON'T REVEAL A BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, EMOTIONAL MOMENT THAT MAKES YOU CRY, ADAM!
  • TanookiMan - February 8, 2014 9:35 a.m.

I know your pain. I also bought To the Moon for all my gaming friends one Christmas and none of them played it.
  • Sinosaur - February 8, 2014 12:48 p.m.

...We could pay to have our memories rewritten so that our friends actually played the game.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - February 8, 2014 3:44 p.m.

This is a tragedy :( such a great game
  • EAC73 - February 7, 2014 7:20 p.m.

Correction on Tom, the band is Them Crooked Vultures, not Them Dirty Vultures, other than that they're pretty good. As of the QOTW, I have tried getting my friends to play Earthbound. This is a stretch, because they would have to get an emulator, and some just don't have the time to play it. So with that as their only option, they only knew Ness as the character in Smash Bros.
  • rainn'sgaydar - February 7, 2014 7:08 p.m.

Mass Effect. No matter what pitch I throw at my friends, I can't convince them they'd like Mass Effect. No talk of the characters or the story is enough. Nothing of the great sci-fi universe sparks their interest. Not even the great, great multiplayer of ME3, which I offer to play alongside them (and I don't do multiplayer), isn't enough. Runner-up: Any given Nintendo franchise. All my friends who play games are younger than me and I'm just barely old enough to have been bitten by Nintendo's early 90's greatness. Somehow, they don't see the appeal of Mario above Crash Bandicoot. I need new friends.
  • supergiraffe - February 7, 2014 9:51 p.m.

Same for me. It doesn't help that two of my friends hate ME2, so they tend to out argue me by sheer force of numbers. I was able to convince a friend to buy the first one though. Not play it, just own a copy.
  • codystovall - February 7, 2014 7:07 p.m.

Goodbye Zach Betka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4_wXPZ1Bnk
  • LordZarlon - February 7, 2014 6:04 p.m.

For me it would have to be a really old game called "Master of Orion 2: Battle at Antares". My buddy and I are really big strategy game fans and I still play this game to this day. No matter what though he doesn't make time to try it. He says he doesn't like turn based strategy as much as real time. Maybe, since he really likes XCOM Enemy Unknown, he might finally give it a try. I bring this up because I have been trying to get him to play this for 8 years.
  • Tranquilbez34 - February 7, 2014 5:49 p.m.

I have told some of my friends about how great the Uncharted series is and they would enjoy the series. Unfortunately most of my friends play First Person Shooters and Bethesda RPG's and can't seem to get into playing a Third-Person Action-Adventure Game. I even went to desperate measures and said that it has similar climbing mechanics to that of Assassin's Creed (Not really) but they just didn't give a shit about the franchise :(