• dabombtj - May 15, 2014 5:51 p.m.

QOTW: I can see it working with Smash Bros. People could buy their favorite character and keep stats and records through NFC even if not online, which tournament players would like. Also while keeping character unlocks using NFC should be off limits unless they want to be dicks, you could at least give unlockable outfits linked to your NFC character. On a unrelated note sometimes I question the level of maturity given my age, 34, but how old are you guys? Lastly, even though I love playing games and have all next gen systems I also have a wife, two kids, and a full time job, it is hard to find time to play anything without either taking away from sleep or feeling guilty. Do you find as you get older and gain more responsibilities it becomes harder and harder to enjoy your favorite past time?
  • arehexes - May 14, 2014 1:54 p.m.

Sports games would be a good pick for a persistence NFC game. Think about it like this, you and your friends get a bunch of different players from different teams. And when you play and improve their stats you can hold drafts with your friends. This would allow you to build your own personal team and hold your own leagues.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - May 14, 2014 1:54 p.m.

You guys should start making the E3 hype articles with your predictions and shit. Also technically a CORRECTION in my eyes: Coop, you said that Nintendo needs to get out of Bankruptcy. There is a difference between reporting losses and actual bankruptcy, learn the difference. Nintendo is reporting losses for predictions they failed to do, they aren't exactly in a massive loss near bankruptcy. Sony on the other hand is in the area of becoming bankruptcy because everything except their video game division are tanking. Again, learn the difference.
  • ljrivarola - May 12, 2014 9:01 p.m.

The answer is Persona. Think about it. Not only you'll be playing one of the best JRPGs ever made, but you'll also be able to have a shelf full a figures including Mara (a giant penis), Satan (who has six boobs for some random reason), Incubus (who has some sort of strap-on), different kinds of dragons and animals, countless gods from many mythologies AND freaking Jack Frost, ho.
  • shawksta - May 12, 2014 3:52 p.m.

Im with Ryan, i like Treyarch much more but at the same time im giving Sledgehammer a chance, too bad my brother is super cynical about it, he was so dissapointed in Ghosts he's not even giving Sledge the benefit of the doubt. To each their own, but Ryan i really encourage you to atleast take a real look into the competitive side of Pokemon, you would be surprised at how deep it is and that there is almost always a change of the metagame every time given either new moves or new abilities pokemon can learn through breeding, move tutors and such, give it the benefit of the doubt as much as you and Tom are hooked into League of Legends. QOTW: DC pretty much. Gotta agree in the end, E3 is definitely growing exciting this year.
  • cubeenigma - May 12, 2014 11:16 a.m.

QOTW : For the $$$ company: Gearbox. Characters would be purchasable and the weapons would be blind capsule based. Just imagine all the guns people can buy for $1. Have millions of different guns with different rarities. for the fans: Build you own gundam star battle game! Take to the skies with your custom gundam NFC figurine that you built with pieces that you collected! trade parts with friends and make the strongest fastest mech! spends hundreds of dollars since each part of the mech is customizable and has a chip inside !
  • DeeEss - May 12, 2014 9:22 a.m.

The escapist had a pretty good rebuttal article about the COD documentary thing you mentioned. Could be worth a read, you know, for nuance.
  • DeeEss - May 12, 2014 9:22 a.m.

Link too: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/criticalintel/11422-Activision-Documentaries-Are-Not-Ads-An-Open-Letter
  • GLuna46 - May 11, 2014 9:22 p.m.

GOTW: i would love to see psychonauts. they already have a very stylish yet simplistic character designs. also have expansion packs of Double fine's other games. please shut up and take my money double fine! lol
  • EzPzLmnSqz - May 11, 2014 4:13 p.m.

QOTW: League of Legends would be great for NFC. However with something like 115 champions currently it would get a bit $$$$$$$$$$
  • EzPzLmnSqz - May 11, 2014 4:12 p.m.

correction: Cooper said Boobs, Butts and Donger's were the best parts of a person's body. CORRECTION COOP!! Any male will tell you that in fact it is the Vagina that is the best part of the body. AMIRITE GUYS?
  • FemJesse - May 12, 2014 12:45 p.m.

Va-what-a?
  • EzPzLmnSqz - May 13, 2014 1:20 p.m.

google it
  • Telshaw - May 11, 2014 5:47 a.m.

Correction: Michael Fassbender isn't British, he's half Irish and half German. Racist Henereyg strikes again SMH.
  • punishment - May 10, 2014 7:18 a.m.

I think it would be fun as hell to have a wrestling NFC. Collecting wrestling toys seems to be something I still haven't grown out of, and a WWE NFC game might hit me pretty hard in the bank account.
  • rainn'sgaydar - May 10, 2014 6:29 a.m.

Pokemon is my answer this week Pokemon would be perfect, you see Pokemon would inspire collection Pokemon NFC would bring slight erection Toy rarity levels would be a must Make just a few legendaries, or it's a bust Game Freak can do it and take all our money I could def diglett. Hey, that's punny Please pardon the rhyme from the previous week I fear I can't stop and it's made me a freak This could be my last, or next week's maybe Also, congrats to Tom on his brand new baby!
  • mbavalo - May 10, 2014 4:37 a.m.

Why is this not yet available on the Xbox Store? I listen to the podcast on my phone :/
  • Shelbyvillian - May 9, 2014 10:57 p.m.

I really want an NFC game made by Microsoft Games Studios. Mixing and matching those franchises would be awesome. Plop down Master Chief and the world is your oyster. Bored of killing Covenant and the Flood? Why not go lay waste to Gruntilda? Is Banjoo bored of flapping around and finding puzzle pieces? Well I guess its time to start slinging eggs at Raam. And if you don't think Baird doesn't love his Pinata farming you are sorely mistaken.
  • ipaqi - May 9, 2014 9:56 p.m.

Just listened to ep 87. Gonna listen to this one now. Congrats on the baby, Tom! Speaking of ep 87: Hello, Radar people, Long time, first time here, Since a fortnight ago, I've been rhyming, I fear, And in Light of this odd happenstance of fate, This is the only way I can try to debate. I just wanted to say, regarding Child of Light, And I don't mean to be mean, or callous, or trite, But rhyming ain't easy, and poetry's hard, And I don't do well with such plain disregard. Not by you, dear reviewer, nor your 'casting cohorts But by this game, which fell woefully short, Of even this "poem", written in minutes, With little of interest happening in it. If you mean to rhyme, rhyme, don't break form for function, If you mean to speak, don't fall for your compunction And rhyme just for rhyme's sake, or speak just to speak, Your carefree style is honestly making me freak. Enough of this folly, of this game, "Child of Light", There's a much better game you can play here tonight, There are 3 in the series, and all perfect panacea, For PS1 and PS2, and they're all named Grandia. -- And yes, I'm fully aware that the last one is barely assonance. Grandia, unsurprisingly, is very hard to rhyme.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 10, 2014 9:21 p.m.

hahaha. For what it's worth, i love that series :D