• noobeater - May 18, 2009 7:49 p.m.

banjo kazooie...zelda ocarina of time...cod all classics
  • crumbdunky - May 18, 2009 6:27 p.m.

SoTC-the game that demanded I had to get a fully backward compatable 60gig PS3 when I traded in my loyal PS2. I realise it's a pretty well adored game by those who played it and that you shouldn't feel the need to play it through religiously EVERY month eps when you've seen all there is to see. There's no real reason for me to do so.It doesn't have any features that require you to keep playing at all so I can only assume what keeps me coming back is the noble, sad eyed innocent behemoths that I keep killing(and feeling like crap about)and the sheer quality built into the most immersive game I've ever played. Well, that and the fact that we STILL don't have a clue what's really coming next from Team Ico. Oh Dormin!
  • macaco - May 18, 2009 5:44 p.m.

For some weird reason every year i got to play Shinning Force 2. Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Day of The Tentacle, Sam & Max Hit The Road are others that from time to time i find myself returning to. But Shinning Force 2 is the one that really gets me.
  • frag - May 18, 2009 5:26 p.m.

p.s: can't say for sure since it is too early, but fallout 3 will probably be on my list in 3-4 years...
  • purpleshirt - May 18, 2009 4:52 p.m.

HOLY FUCK? 286 comments? are you fucking shitting me? jesus christ... easily skate. Thats got to be one of my favorite games of all time, except maybe pokemon. they are both pretty sick. depends where I am haha recaptcha cocking you ahhahshahahahahahad Did you know you can get the audio for recaptcha? I did not but just click on the audio button beside the text box
  • TH3KillingJ0KE - May 18, 2009 3:36 p.m.

the game that i will allways go back to is GTA 4
  • Cernunnos - May 18, 2009 10:15 a.m.

well, im always increasing my game library, and have several games i havent really gotten to play yet. so there isnt much backtracking. but pokemon gold and kingdom hearts keeps me ever faithful.
  • dweller - May 18, 2009 8:41 a.m.

I fall back to Castlevania Symphony of the Night the most. Can't get enough of the opening dialogue "Enough talk. Have at you!" It was weird for me to hear the new dialogue in the PSP Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles. It just sounds so... wrong. My second all time fall back game has to be Contra Hard Corps for the genesis. I'm sure it's partially because it was my first Contra game I owned. It's also great when I only have an hour to kill or less.
  • Flashkicker - May 18, 2009 3:32 a.m.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo I still come back to my beloved SF2... but it was for a different reason back then. I would play it with my dad every night on my SNES. we couldn't sleep until we played a few rounds. we were both button mashers and played on the highest speed so it was always crazy. we didn't know how to fireball, so when one came out it was always a big shock. Then, I made one of the worst mistakes of my life. One day i sat down in front of the SNES and thought " if i tried really hard, i could become pretty good at this game." so like the fool i was, i practiced and soon became very good. but i couldn't play with my dad anymore. i was now wired to win not to have fun. it was like i couldn't lose no matter how hard i tried. I still come back to ST2, it is still a very fun complex game, but ill never experience it the same way. Some times I sit in front of my SNES wish I chose the blue pill and remained unaware of ST2's real depth.
  • kinterq - May 18, 2009 1:02 a.m.

Harvest Moon. Yeah. After a nice zomibe-brain bashing spree, I love just to sit down and... well, farm. So, far I've had played 3 harvest moon games and have had about 9 husbans on them. Gosh. I freaking obsessed.
  • Bov11 - May 17, 2009 11:12 p.m.

to this day, my friends and I will occasionally hook up the ol' gamecube and play timesplitters 3:Future Perfect. everyone says timesplitters 2 was the best, but i loved the map editor in the third one.
  • beefyokeefe - May 17, 2009 8:33 p.m.

On the playstation 2 it had to be either Canis Candem Edit (bully), just so i could wait for someone(usually a jock) to go in to the toilets and plant a fire cracker, that allways made me laugh! On 360 its either Saints row 2 to complete the game as the next comic book character i can create (riddler at the moment) or mass effect, to which i have level 60'ed.......wait for it....... 9 times :O I need to get out more!
  • Valntyne - May 17, 2009 8:18 p.m.

For me gotta be the SoulCalibur series I play depending which Ivy's boob size I wanna see at the moment, if I wanna go for the "nice..." ones I go for SC2 if I wanna the "DAMN!" ones obviously gotta go for the SC4..., no but seriously is either that or COD4. Re-capcha: pippins that(what the hell?)
  • Gonzo4Life - May 17, 2009 5:33 p.m.

when i had my original xbox i always play conkers bad fur day, counter strike, and star wars battlefront. conkers bad fur day was awsome cuz of the humor. the best part is when u are in the war with the teddies and the general(wich i think is to make fun of general patton) always said "F*CK THIS SH*T!!". and i always went bad to CS cause i thought i was beast cuz i played for a lil while on my comp. but i was wrong and every time i played CS for my xbox i would git in trouble for screaming "HOW THE F*CK DOES A F*CKING AI KILL ME THAT FUCKING QUICK!?!?!?". then i finally got sick of star wars battlefront 2 after like, 2 years. and i didnt know about all the other game types until about a moonth till i got sick of it. ReCaptcha: zephyrs it
  • GrantG - May 17, 2009 4:06 p.m.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, i just like the old style of tony hawk games.
  • Mankarcamoran - May 17, 2009 1:01 p.m.

Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters Time splitters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • conal130 - May 17, 2009 12:22 p.m.

If i had to go back to a game, it'd probably be fable 2. Despite completing EVERY mission, owning pretty much EVERY house, shop or castle in the game, i find it extremely fun pulling out my red dragon or daichi (yes when i first got this game i was overly obsessive about it) and pulling off nut shots or unfairly vicious attacks on guards and civilians. What was that article about video-game violence...?
  • FlyingBags - May 17, 2009 6:28 a.m.

for anytime i feel that first person shooters have fallen into a repetitive cycle and are only created to haul in money, not to tell a story, i go back to half-life. Few games have changed my perception of video games as the original Half-life. after playing though its story and the various creative expansions my expectations of what a video game was capable of doing was turned upside down. If you ask me, Half-life was the first time "video games" became interactive media, you were playing your own movie. Sure i try not to go back too often, the graphics are better left looking great in my nostalgic memories and the lack of checkpoints, regenerating health, and a half-decent physics system make it challenging for all the wrong reasons, especially when i play it on the same computer im running crysis from. But for whenever i need a reminder on how to make a good game as well as a strong dose of nostalgia i make sure to keep a copy close.
  • oreomonkey - May 17, 2009 5:20 a.m.

I always run back to Gears of War 2, COD4, and Halo 3, original, huh?
  • murderousbastard - May 17, 2009 3:41 a.m.

Midnight Club Los Angeles The game is so deep and addicting its the one I always go to at the end of the day.. NBA 2K9 is getting there too... And of course Call Of Duty 4 online will always be a must...at least until 2 comes out