The Fortnite new weapons, vaulted and unvaulted for Chapter 3 Season 2 offer a whole new variety of killing machines for players to make use of in Fortnite. The way the game is played has changed significantly, as well as how the island is set up, so having the best firearms is more important than ever before. That's why we've outlined all the new Fortnite weapons added for Season 2, whether vaulted, unvaulted, or even Mythic and the new special weapons: the combat SMG and Striker Burst Rifle.
Fortnite new weapons
There's two entirely new weapons added to Fortnite as part of Chapter 3, Season 2: the Combat SMG and the Striker Burst Rifle, both of which have their advantages. There's also a lot of returning weapons to utilise, but we'll get into those momentarily.
The Combat SMG is pretty much what you'd expect: it's a short-to-mid range full-auto weapon that does pretty good damage, but has serious recoil to deal with. Making the most out of this gun requires getting it under control and compensating for its kickback.
The Striker Burst Rifle is a mid-to-long range assault rifle with customisable ADS sights that fires two fairly powerful shots per trigger pull. Similar to existing rifles, this gun works well from high vantage points and with a little friendly distance ahead of you.
Fortnite Mythic Weapons and boss locations
Right now there's three Mythic weapons that we know of, all found by defeating bosses that are oddly close to each other (though never so close that you'll have to fight them simultaneously): Gunnar's Stinger SMG, Slone's Striker Burst Rifle, and Huntmaster Saber's Thermal Rifle. Mainly superior versions of existing firearms, they're not easy to get or find, but we've laid out all the bosses on the map above. If you can hunt them down and kill them, you'll get their special weapon.
- Gunnar's Stinger SMG: The easiest boss, Gunnar is inside Covert Canyon (now renamed Command Canyon), wandering the big central underground area. Appropriately enough for somebody with an SMG, Gunnar struggles at range but devastates up close. Use snipers and long-range attacks from cover to try and take him out before he can get up close. Once killed, Gunnar's Stinger SMG will drop, a good short-to-medium range SMG that controls nicely, especially against its damage.
- Slone's Striker Burst Rifle: Doctor Slone is found at the drill outside of Tilted Towers, and can create false clones of herself to distract and further damage the player. Shoot her as she summons them to show her health bar, which'll help you keep track of the real one. Slone is a very powerful boss, even when you're fighting just one of her, capable of absorbing a lot of damage and dealing it out accurately at range. Fight cautiously and you should end up with her Striker Burst Rifle, which does heavy damage at a slower fire rate than standard.
- Huntmaster Saber's Thermal Rifle: Found by killing Huntermaster Saber, who is actually on the IO blimp above Command Canyon. He teleports about randomly, and has a powerful spin attack - you'll want to try and keep him at a close-to-mid range, but never within distance of his spin. Once dead, he'll drop his Mythic Thermal Rifle, which is a solid distance rifle that'll do good damage at a good rate.
Fortnite vaulted weapons and items
Fortnite's vaulted a few items and weapons in the new update, including the webslinging powers of a certain beloved wall-crawler. People will definitely be sad to see that one go.
- Spider-Man Web-Shooters
- Flare Gun
- Machine Pistol
- Heavy Shotgun
- Sticky Grenade
Fortnite unvaulted weapons and items
The Fortnite unvaulted weapons are back, some of which have been hit with balancing tweaks that nerf or buff them accordingly. There's also quite a lot of guns returning from Season 1, which'll still make up the bulk of the weapon pool. We've listed both categories below for you to check out, as well as Epic's official statements on how these weapons have been changed for the new season (if at all).
- Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle (Adjusted - semi-auto, fires faster, reduced damage, increased recoil)
- Drum Shotgun (Adjusted - fires slower, slightly increased damage, tighter spread, better falloff)
- Revolver (Adjusted - fires faster, reduced damage, higher accuracy)
- Remote Explosives (Adjusted - increased damage against vehicles)
- Thermal Scoped Revolver (Exotic weapon)
- Storm Scout Sniper Rifle (Exotic weapon)
- Shockwave Grenades
- Ranger Assault Rifle
- Striker Pump Shotgun
- Auto Shotgun
- Sidearm Pistol
- Stinger SMG
- Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper
- Shadow Tracker (Exotic weapon)
- Marksman Six Shooter (Exotic weapon)
- The Dub (Exotic weapon)
- Boom Sniper Rifle (Exotic weapon)
Of course, it's still pretty early into this new season of Fortnite, with a variety of changes still to uncover and Epic promising more tweaks in the near future. We'll be sure to update this page to reflect any important changes to the game, so keep an eye on this page!
Fortnite patch notes | Fortnite tips | Fortnite Creative codes | Fortnite 2FA | How to enable cross platform Fortnite matches | How to level up fast in Fortnite | How to get free Fortnite V-Bucks | Fortnite Starter Pack | Fortnite quests | Fortnite characters | Fortnite map | Fortnite Victory Crown | Fortnite Hiding Places | Fortnite Season 2