News burst! Hellboy 3 , Kate Beckinsale, Christopher Walken, Shannara and loads more...
• Hellboy 3 is looking unlikely, revealed Guillermo del Toro in a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" session, saying: "Creatively, I would love to make it... It has proven almost impossible to finance. Not from my side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters".
• Kate Beckinsale has been signed to star in director DJ Caruso's The Disappointments Room , a psychological thriller in the vein of The Shining but inspired by a true event. Beckinsale also has several films upcoming including the Terry Jones-directed Monty Python comedy Absolutely Anything with Simon Pegg.
• Christopher Walken will play Captain Hook in a live TV Peter Pan musical for NBC . NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt said: "[Christopher Walken is] not only one of the most versatile actors in our business, but his love of musicals and uncanny abilities as a dancer make him perfect for stepping into this classic James M Barrie character." The Hollywood Reporter also noted that an offer went out to Frozen voice star Kristen Bell to play the role of Peter Pan, but she may have been too busy shooting the next season of House Of Lies .
• Roberto Orci is no longer writing The Amazing Spider-Man 3 . He had an amicable split with scripting partner Alex Kurtzman and is concentrating instead on Star Trek . Speaking with IGN he revealed : "I don't know what their plans are for [the Spider-Man] franchise," Orci said. "I don't ever want to say never, but we have to figure out what their scheduling is in terms of when they want each movie. I've read probably as much as anyone else. There's a love for the Sinister Six, the idea of Venom — there's an idea of Spider-Man's going to be one of these characters that's part of our business. He's such a popular character. Spider-Man's not going to go away any time soon. When it all happens and how and all that has yet to be determined." Currently, The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is set for release on 10 June 2016.
• Terry Brooks' Shannara fantasy series is going straight straight to 10-episode adaptation for MTV, according to The Hollywood Reporter . Smallville duo Al Gough and Miles Millar are working on the script and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles helmer Jonathan Liebesman will take over directing duties for Jon Favreau, who remains an exec producer. Terry Brooks' most recent book is reviews in SFX 251, on sale next week.
• Britain could be home to one of the first spaceports outside of America by 2018 , with a shortlist of possible sites to be announced this week. The base could act as a hub for commercial space flights, such as those planned by Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic. Of the eight possible locations to be revealed at the Farnborough Air Show on Tuesday, six are in Scotland. The British space industry is already worth an estimated £9 billion a year, employing more than 28,900 people.
• There's a new issue of Comic Heroes magazine out on Wednesday, featuring Rocket Raccoon on the cover and loads inside about Guardians Of The Galaxy . Alas, it will also be the last issue of Comic Heroes . We're sad to see the end of the premium comics magazine, but thank all its readers and contributors for their support over the last 24 issues.
• Meanwhile, SFX is still going strong and continues to celebrate its 250th issue with an amazing subs offer (you can get the mag for £2.50 per issue - cheaper than at launch in 1995!) and with a download of issue one available. Yep, you can check out 1995's Tank Girl issue on your iPad, Android device or computer. Enjoy!