Supernatural head warmers, Firefly ’s Sean Maher comes out of the closet and some words for the guv, all in this week’s Tweets
Only last week we were talking about how most on Twitter rarely give us an insight into what they’re really thinking, putting on a public face as they would in any interview. Well, we can safely say that isn’t the case with Life On Mars / Ashes To Ashes creator Matthew Graham who took to Twitter this morning to right a few wrongs from an interview with Philip Glenister in this week’s Radio Times :
@ MonasticProds In the radio times you will read that Phil created Fire Up The Quattro. He didn't. Nor did "the writers". It was me.
- I have drafts of Ashes going back to before he was even shown the script. Originally it was "fire up the Princess" .
- I sat down and deliberately coined a phrase that might rival "armed bastards". Phil didn't LIKE the line. wanted to drop it.
- Thanks Phil. Great timing mate. Thank you for that deluded ego trip. That sideways jibe. That public sneer after I sing your praises.
- Thanks for reducing 5 years by referring to Ash and I as "the writers".
- I've decided to go fishing. I look forward to Phil's next screenplay. I hear it's a thriller that some writer helped him with.
Funnily enough, just five days ago Graham also tweeted this. Coincidence?
In yet more Matthew Graham news, SFX was very excited to read this pair of tweets from him recently. Very excited indeed. Is the return of Quatermass on the cards?
Talk inevitably turned to Quatermass... # getthemtalking
In other news Firefly ’s Simon Tam, Sean Maher, came out as a gay man on the interwebs last night, and the Twitter replies from his fellow Firefly cast members were enough to melt our tough journo hearts. *Sniff* can someone pass the tissues please?
The SFX Twitter Stream
@ mishacollins Yeah! The 7th season of the reality show about the two mentally-challenged underwear-model brothers trying to impress God, begins tomorrow.
@ iansomerhalder September 22, 7 years ago the premiere of a soon-to-be phenomenon aired%26changed mine%26 all lives associated w/ it forever. That show was LOST
@ iwanrheon Just shot the last scene of Misfits 3...clang.
@ charltonbrooker [old man mode] I remember when most games had quirky heroes like Monty Mole or Miner Willy. Now it's all musclecocks who swear a lot.
@ Mruff221 Avengers Wrapped in NYC in the middle of central Park. It was an amazing day.