Topics

E3 E3 2013 Sony

• Tjwoods18 - June 10, 2013 8:42 p.m.

I assume that people who keep their PS3's will still be able to utilize free online gameplay?
  • Tyrlanae - June 10, 2013 8:52 p.m.

I assume so. They didn't really mention it but I don't see why they'd change the existing service.
  • SamuraiZero - June 10, 2013 8:39 p.m.

To people who are not sure on how they feel about the play station plus i have to tell you that it's really good especially if your're getting free games every month and get a bunch of content so i would have to say it's worth it :)
  • Tyrlanae - June 10, 2013 8:35 p.m.

This is honestly not a big deal. For all the freebies and gimmes you get by being a PS+ member it pretty much pays for itself. It's not like Microsoft hasn't been doing this for years already. There's no real reason not to be a PS+ member as it is, so this shouldn't be a deal breaker. Two free games a month plus early access to new content, hour long game demos for new games, discounts, cloud storage... the benefits outweigh the cost.
  • antiAntag0nist - June 10, 2013 8:33 p.m.

As a current Xbox Live Gold user, I have no problem with this. Considering what Sony is offering with the PS4 regarding the price, used game/offline policies and PS Plus, I think they'll get a pass.
  • Zatunks - June 10, 2013 8:29 p.m.

This is disappointing, but at least it's a much better deal than an Xbox Live Gold subscription. I think I'd rather pay for online multiplayer plus "free" games than online multiplayer plus...Facebook? Twitter? Access to my television subscription that I already have a box for?
  • Temperance11 - June 10, 2013 8:24 p.m.

My situation:
  • Temperance11 - June 10, 2013 8:26 p.m.

Damn...Enter button. As I was saying... My Situation: - Currently paying $60 a year for Xbox Live - Would be paying $50 a year for PSN+ - Save $10 I'm okay with this.
  • lilj805 - June 10, 2013 8:23 p.m.

YOU DO NOT NEED PS+ TO PLAY ONLINE, DUD FIX THE TYPO
  • Moondoggie1157 - June 10, 2013 8:26 p.m.

...did you watch the conference?
  • lilj805 - June 10, 2013 8:34 p.m.

Yes, I saw it, and if you check other sites they will have no mention of a mandatory PS+ sub. to play online
  • Moondoggie1157 - June 10, 2013 8:38 p.m.

Well, I hope you're right. But, not only did GR hear that info, while watching I got the same idea. So please be right
  • lilj805 - June 10, 2013 8:43 p.m.

I wouldn't BS my fellow gamers :-)
  • Scoob - June 10, 2013 8:44 p.m.

They said it, and it was on a slide, but it was glossed over really quick-like. Probably in hopes people wouldn't notice.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - June 10, 2013 8:46 p.m.

It is confirmed, yes.
  • ChaoticGenius - June 10, 2013 10:18 p.m.

hey so are you guys doing the podcast like you said?
  • ChaoticGenius - June 10, 2013 10:10 p.m.

All I have to say is that it is VERY cheap and that it gives you many benefits, and besides its something that xbox has been dong for YEARS so i really dont see the problem
  • TheFabricOfTime - June 10, 2013 8:20 p.m.

Shit, getting new subscriptions to PS Plus every month is going to be a serious pain in the ass.
  • Moondoggie1157 - June 10, 2013 8:23 p.m.

Every month? the service is only $4 a month? Why not drop the 50 dollars for a whole year? How is this such a pain in the ass?
  • Moondoggie1157 - June 10, 2013 8:18 p.m.

See! I fucking knew it!! How else could they afford the $399 price tag? Ah well, I'm a plus member anyways, but still... ah well, for $50 a year, who cares? Considering all the benefits, I'm all for it. Maybe that income will go towards securing and insuring a quality network