Retro Gamer is the essential guide to classic gaming. Originally founded in 2004, it is now considered one of the most respected voices within the retro gaming community. A subscription to Retro Gamer magazine is your way of discovering what makes the magazine so special. Incredibly passionate and authoritative, the writers of Retro Gamer love everything about classic games, from triple-A blockbusters to obscure curios, delivering exhaustive, in-depth articles that often can’t be read anywhere else.
Every month we speak to developers from all over the world to bring you the very best content about the games you used to love playing as a kid, while covering all the latest news and developments in the world of retro gaming.
“Retro Gamer is as passionate about classic gaming as you are,” says editor Darran Jones. “We love everything about classic gaming, and do everything we can to ensure you have the best possible information about how your favourite classic games and franchises were made, from Jet Set Willy to modern classics like Shenmue. We take pride in the behind-the-scenes access readers receive, and do everything we can to ensure that you’re always getting to learn new things about the fascinating world of retro gaming.”
Here are some of the many reasons for taking out a subscription to Retro Gamer today.
In every issue of Retro Gamer magazine you'll find:
- Incredible access and excellent interviews about the greatest videogames and systems from the last 40 years of gaming.
- Regular features including, engaging columns, Ultimate Guides (dissecting a classic videogame) Collector’s Corner (show off your collection) and Retro Rated (our guide to the best retro games to buy).
- The latest news from both the retro gaming scene and the homebrew community.
- Regular free gifts that range from exclusive sticker sets to high-quality posters, yearly calendars and curated CD gaming soundtracks.
- Subscribe to the digital edition of Retro Gamer for only £3 per month
Why subscribe to Retro Gamer magazine?
- Save up to 57% on a print and digital subscription
- Never miss an issue - have the magazine delivered direct to your door
- Be first to read our in-depth interviews - subscriber copies are sent out early
- You're protected from price rises during the paid term of your subscription