Apex Legends Bangalore is the most traditional of all the characters in Apex Legends, and should be your first choice if you're jumping over from another first person shooter. She's not at a disadvantage to the other Legends though; Apex Legends Bangalore can fire smokes, run at high speed when being shot at, and call in a carpet bomb of timed missiles. Learn how to play her with our Apex Legends Bangalore character guide.
We've also got an overview of all the best Apex Legends characters, along with detailed guides for each one individually below.
- Apex Legends Bloodhound character guide
- Apex Legends Caustic character guide
- Apex Legends Gibraltar character guide
- Apex Legends Lifeline character guide
- Apex Legends Mirage character guide
- Apex Legends Pathfinder character guide
- Apex Legends Wraith character guide
Apex Legends Bangalore abilities & ultimate explained
Bangalore's abilities are pretty simple, all things considered. Her passive ability, Double Time, allows her to sprint 30% faster if she gets shot at while sprinting which means you can dip and dodge bullets like Neo. The speed boost used to be 40% faster, but it was slightly reduced because Bangalore was almost becoming Sonic the Hedgehog.
Her tactical ability is a Smoke Launcher. It can fire two "high velocity smoke canisters" at a time, and each one explodes into three smaller smoke grenades that deal a small amount of damage to enemies when they explode. You probably won't get any kills with the Smoke Launcher, but it can serve to seriously disorientate any enemies.
Rolling Thunder is the Bangalore ultimate, and it's essentially a slightly worse version of Gibraltar's Defensive Bombardment. Whereas Gibraltar's ultimate explodes on impact so enemies don't have much time to escape, Rolling Thunder brings missiles crashing down which lodge in the ground for a short time before exploding, and this means enemies can escape the blast zone. Rolling Thunder does cover a larger surface area but unless your goal is to push enemies back rather than actually kill them, Rolling Thunder simply isn't as strong.
How to play Bangalore in Apex Legends - Tips & tricks
- Fire smokes a lot - Whether you're trying to retreat and revive a teammate or advance on some enemies holed up in a building, fire your Smoke Launcher. The smoke actually covers a serious amount of ground, unlike smoke grenades in other games. You can blanket an entire area, and if you have the right team composition, your teammates can even see through the smoke...
- Team up with Bloodhound & Caustic - Neither are considered the strongest Legends in the game, but Bloodhound and Caustic both work very well with Bangalore. If you lay down some smokes and shroud enemies in it, causing them to be confused, Bloodhound can then pop their ultimate and see all of the enemies inside the smoke due to the red outline. Caustic can also do something similar if he throws his Nox Gas Grenade into the smoke, or if any enemies set off Gas Traps inside it.
- Call in Rolling Thunder as a defensive measure - Rather than using Rolling Thunder to attack a group fighting in the open, save it for when you're in a tight spot. For example, if you're pinned down in a building and enemies are trying to flush you out, throw Rolling Thunder out of a window and the enemies will have two options; retreat to escape the missiles, or advance even closer into your building where you'll be waiting for them.
How does the Bangalore hitbox compare to other Legends?
Bangalore is one character who hasn't had much controversy surrounding her hitbox, because it's right in the middle of the park alongside Mirage at just 33% larger than Wraith, the smallest Legend. This matches her slim but tall frame, and since she can run 30% faster with Double Time, she isn't always an easy target.
Apex Legends Bangalore voice actress - Erica Luttrell
The woman behind the microphone for Bangalore is Erica Luttrell, a Canadian American actress who has starred in a number of high profile shows and video games before. She played Emily Kaldwin in Dishonored 2; Darla, Fahrenheit, and Kendra in Fallout 4; and Barbara Ann Minerva/Cheetah in Injustice 2 and Lego DC Super-Villains. In TV, she's featured in two episodes of Westworld, she's the current voice of Erica Wang in The Epic Tales Of Captain Underpants, and more.
While there's no Captain Underpants Legend in Apex Legends yet, these Bangalore tips and tricks should allow you to destroy the competition and become an Apex Champion.
Apex Legends review | How to download Apex Legends | Apex Legends Map guide| Apex Legends tips | Apex Legends Finishers| Best Apex Legends weapons | Apex Legends high level loot guide| Apex Legends Heirlooms Guide | Apex Legends crafting metal guide | Apex Legends Loot Tick locations | Apex Legends Nessy guide | Apex Legends cross-play