Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (opens in new tab) is packed with things to do, see, and collect. But when you're not hunting down Uruks or leading the Rangers against Sauron, there are two series of challenges to fill your time: hunting and survival.
What do you get for completing these? Aside from the handful of Achievements/Trophies, you'll get to experience the flora and fauna found throughout Mordor. These challenges must be completed in order--some will only appear once you've made enough story progress--but the plants and animals needed to complete them are found all over. For you convenience, here's the full list. Happy hunting and gathering!
- #1: Pluck 2 niphredil.
- #2: Pluck 3 pipeweed and 3 lothrond.
- #3: Pluck 2 remmenthond and 2 azuradan.
- #4: Pluck 2 niphredil, 2 lothrond, and 1 azuradan.
- #5: Pluck 4 blue milk and 2 mallos.
- #6: Pluck 3 elgaran and 3 earthbread.
- #7: Pluck 3 gwinuial and 3 alfirin.
- #8: Pluck 2 naugrimbas, 3 carandol, and 2 orchamarth.
- #9: Pluck 7 athelas.
- #10: Pluck 3 blue milk, 3 elgaran, and 2 gwinuial.
- #1: Kill 3 spiders.
- #2: Kill 5 flying creatures.
- #3: Kill 3 Caragors.
- #4: Kill 4 rats.
- #5: Kill 8 Ghuls.
- #6: Kill 3 bats.
- #7: Kill 1 Graug.
- #8: Kill 1 Dire Caragor.
- #9: Kill 1 Ghul Matron.
- #10: Kill 1 Horned Graug.
Trying to find all the Ithildin for that full picture? See our Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Ithildin locations guide (opens in new tab) for help. And if you're looking for artifacts, check out our Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor artifact locations guide (opens in new tab).