The Starfield Direct is coming on June 11, and should be our best look yet at the hotly anticipated upcoming Bethesda game. Microsoft has been pretty upfront saying it's going to offer us much more details on what to expect when Starfield drops this September, so it should be quite the event if you're excited about this new game.
Below we've rounded up everything you need to know about the Starfield Direct, including when to tune in and what to expect on this major presentation on this top upcoming Xbox Series X game.
What is the Starfield Direct?
The Starfield Direct is going to be the place to learn more about the next Bethesda Studios title. During the showcase, you'll learn "much, much more about Starfield", through the reveal of "tons of new gameplay, developer interviews, and behind-the-scenes insider information".
We had a lengthy gameplay presentation this time last year, and then got a few more details when the Starfield delay was confirmed in March, but we're overdue some juicy details about what should be one of the biggest games of the year. It's currently the only game-specific showcase on the E3 2023 schedule, which is exciting too.
When is the Starfield Direct?
The Starfield Direct will follow straight after the Xbox Games Showcase 2023. The Xbox Games Showcase is set for June 11 at 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 6PM BST / 7PM CET. Microsoft has not said how long the Xbox Games Showcase will last so we can't give exact timings for when the Starfield Direct will start.
Where to watch the Starfield Direct
You can tune in to watch the Xbox Games Showcase and the Starfield Direct on Facebook, YouTube, or Twitch - all the links are below:
Starfield Direct news
- Starfield Direct slated for June
- Xbox promises "much, much more" about Starfield at its summer showcase
- Even Todd Howard is "surprised" at how big Starfield is
- Dinosaurs, monsters, and guns that don't suck: Bethesda buried some of Starfield's most promising gameplay footage yet
- Based on approximately 60 seconds of off-screen footage, Starfield fans think they can see some serious gameplay improvements
- Diehard fan of 46-year-old RPG explains why it's so important to Starfield, and I'm sold
- Starfield fans want an in-game tribute to a fan who died of cancer before getting to play the game
- Starfield is reportedly getting a special edition Xbox controller and headset
- Rumors of a Starfield Xbox controller just won't die and at this point I want it to be real
- Xbox exec suggests bringing extra underwear for Starfield Direct and we have no idea why
- The Starfield controller continues to be Bethesda's worst-kept secret as it hits shelves ahead of release
RELATED: Starfield Direct needs to be all gameplay, all of the time
What could we see at the Starfield Direct?
If I'm completely honest, I just want a better sense of what we'll actually be doing in Starfield. We're talking choice and consequence, Starfield star systems and Starfield cities, Starfield companions and Starfield romance even? After all, Starfield is arguably the biggest Xbox exclusive yet for the Xbox Series X, so it will be good to see what we're in for.
We imagine the Starfield Direct's going to be of decent length, although Microsoft hasn't actually confirmed how long the Summer Game Fest 2023 event will be. That means there will be plenty of space to give details on all the various systems we'll be taking advantage of with Starfield.
We do already have some details on things like Starfield ship customization, the seemingly intense Starfield dialogue system, and little bits on Starfield crafting and research, but we just know there's more to come.