Rifts have become integral to the regular Fortnite experience, and are now pretty much part of the scenery in Fortnite Season 5. You can find them located all over the Fortnite map, and use them to travel around the island quickly or for an emergency escape from opponents - jump in a rift and you'll teleport high into the air, ready to skydive over to a new spot or glide away to a totally different location. Rifts have also featured twice so far this season in the Fortnite Battle Pass Challenges, so if you want more information then read on for a quick guide on how to use the Fortnite rifts and where to find them.
- Fortnite Road Trip Challenges
- Fortnite Tier 100 Challenges
- Best Fortnite merch to wear as you floss your way to Victory Royale
How to use the Fortnite Rifts
The Fortnite rifts basically act as mini portals, or map-controlled jump pad, as you'll fall from the sky into the same area as the portal was found, providing a quick escape route if an enemy squad has you pinned.
It was originally thought that the rifts might be able to transport you to different areas of the map - which would be especially handy now that the storm moves as well as shrinks in the later stages of a match - but it seems Epic is using these rifts as a kind of reset for players, rather than an actual portal.
Interestingly, you can actually hear when another player has used a portal - and thus they can hear you - and it's this terrifying kind of ripping noise that can be heard from quite a way away, letting you know that someone has taken to the skies and can probably see you legging it towards the storm circle right now.
Where are the Fortnite Rift locations?
At first it may seem like the Fortnite rifts pop up at random across the map during a match, however there are fixed locations where you should always be able to find them. Pop along to the areas listed below for the best chance of accessing a rift - though bear in mind if another player has already used the rift during your match then it may not be in the same place.
- C2 - Easter Island Statue south east of Junk Junction
- D3 - Durr Burger Statue east of Pleasant Park
- C5 - Hill north of the indoor football pitch
- B6 - Viking area around edge of the cliff
- C6 - Easter Island Statue north of Greasy Grove
- E7 - Easter Island Statue south east of Shifty Shafts
- E9 - Easter Island Statue west of Lucky Landing
- G9 - Where the grass meets the desert east of Lucky Landing
- H8 - Small lake north west of Paradise Palms
- I8 - In the town north of Paradise Palms
- J6 - North east of the Go Kart Track
- I5 - Hill west of Lonely Lodge
- I2 - Noms sign north east of Risky Reels
- G3 - Near the river north west of Tomato Town
- F5 - Mountain north west of Dusty Divot
Looking for more? Then check out all the latest Fortnite leaks right here.