• Moondoggie1157 - April 23, 2012 4:02 p.m.

Well firstly, we did kill Gary's Raticate (supposedly) so he had every right to be a dick. Looking back, I would have done the same. He always got me at Nugget bridge in blue version. Shao Kahn was a huge dick in MK3... I haven't played it in a real long time, but beating him was one of my biggest triumphs... Needless to say, I havent been able to beat that game since haha Don't even get me started on Mega Man.
  • J-Fid - April 23, 2012 4:50 p.m.

No, we killed his Raticate BECAUSE he was such a jerk!
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 24, 2012 10:18 a.m.

Regardless, it was only a Raticate, no real loss...
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - April 23, 2012 3:55 p.m.

The worst time I've had in recent memory is the final two bosses in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Before you get your panties in a bunch, I'm playing on Hyper Mode. I've beaten the game twice before, but Hyper Mode makes these last two fights arduous, grueling and incredibly difficult. I've died so many times. They don't really belong on a list like this, but I just thought I'd give my two cents on tough bosses.
  • ChaosEternal - April 23, 2012 3:55 p.m.

Riku from Kingdom Hearts re: coded made me rage so hard. He had one attack he used immediately every time that was quite hard to avoid, killed you after it hit you 2 or 3 times, and then he proceeded to use it throughout the battle. Besides that, his normal attacks were also damaging. I swear I died over 40 times in a row before I ragequit. The next day I finally beat him after losing another 10-20 times. It turns out there was a somewhat reliable way to beat him easily, but I didn't know that. D:
  • bitcrusherrrr - April 23, 2012 3:54 p.m.

Mortaro in UMK3/trilogy is easy just pick sheeva and constantly teleport-slam till you win, then let shao khan beat you and pick the character you wanna kick his ass with. As cheap as seth in sf4 is i think Gill in 3rd strike is worse.
  • g4m3rk1dd - April 23, 2012 3:26 p.m.

Sephiroth? the Pyramid Head? Cynthia in pokemon black/white? RED from HG/SS? you guys missed out on this article...
  • cubine - April 23, 2012 3:37 p.m.

I think those are more enjoyable challenges than hated enemies. I didn't hate fighting Red, I looked forward to it.
  • g4m3rk1dd - April 23, 2012 3:41 p.m.

maybe i just suck at games then :| or i get mad too easily...combo of both...
  • FlagrantPilgrim - April 23, 2012 4 p.m.

I always though Sephiroth was pretty easy. It might be because I got my ass handed to me 200 times by Ruby Weapon before the final fight.
  • J-Fid - April 23, 2012 4:48 p.m.

Just yesterday, I beat Red with Pokemon 20 levels lower than his. Sure I had a ton of revives, but I still won! Oh and they were all Fire types, which I generally don't like using.
  • Larinah - April 23, 2012 3:24 p.m.

You missed any boss from any of the Dead Rising games. They single-handedly (or chainsawedly if you wanna be that way) made that game hell to beat completely. They had nigh unpredictable patterns, made your hours of preparation look pitiful in comparison, and your reward for finally beating them was another whiny person to save... *sigh* Capcom is lucky I liked the rest of the game.
  • slimjim441 - April 23, 2012 3:24 p.m.

Smogs from Silent Hill: Homecoming. The regenerating monster from Dead Space 2 (it was so much worse than 1's). Wall Masters from the Dark Palace in ALttP. Motaro from UMK3. Robotnik/Eggman final boss from Sonic Generations (for so many reasons...). Forgotten One from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (just fuck me the ass why don't you). Wily's Capsule from Mega Man 7. I'm sure I've got more, and I should probably rearrange some of these, but I pretty much just made myself mad making this list, so fuck off.
  • Victor Araya - April 23, 2012 3:20 p.m.

Somebody fight with the secret boss of the ps2 Sega tittle Blood will? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gWTYNDQ9JY&feature=youtube_gdata_player You have to make a combo of 48 hits with the four bottoms in 15 seconds or less I don't remember. The worst part is that the combination of bottoms is different every time. And that is just the final hit...
  • godisanarc - April 23, 2012 2:58 p.m.

I'm not great at fighting games, but Seth from Street Figher 4 is awful, makes me want to throw my controller at my tv.
  • Nashalot - April 23, 2012 4:45 p.m.

Good god yes. That made me trade it in. Horrific!
  • J-Fid - April 23, 2012 4:46 p.m.

I hate that guy. I can only beat him with with Guile and Balrog, who are my two best characters. I've got no shot with the rest of the cast, and I have to lower the difficulty just for Seth.
  • Dadyo238 - April 23, 2012 2:58 p.m.

OH MY GAWD The helicopter boss in Killzone 2 infuriated me.
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - April 23, 2012 2:56 p.m.

Hours-HOURS!-wasted in fighting that cheap piece of sh*t Shao Kahn in the new MK! I never even finished the story, and had to spam projectiles to finally kill him in the arcade mode.
  • winner2 - April 23, 2012 2:36 p.m.

Sif the great wolf/ ornstein and smough from Dark Souls. O and S were practically impossible until I summoned some people to help. Sif felt personal though, f that guy.
  • Phoenix_is_Wright - April 23, 2012 2:36 p.m.

That FF7 boss that use to put flames next to your character. I later found out that you could've beaten him with on hit with a life spell.
  • RedHarlow - April 23, 2012 2:20 p.m.

Screw blue shells. You're in first place and suddenly the computers start getting blue shells, not to mention the rubber-banding.