After six weeks, every squad in the FIFA 20 TOTS (Team Of The Season) campaign is now available. This year it's re-named FIFA 20 TOTSSF (Team Of The Season So Far) due to most leagues still waiting to finish their seasons, and the final, Ultimate roster boasts five 99-rated players: Virgil van Dijk, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kevin de Bruyne, and Robert Lewandowski. For the full lowdown on how it all unfolded and a list of every player rated 94 or above, venture forth into GR's FIFA 20 TOTS guide.
FIFA 20 TOTS: What is it?
This is fairly obvious. FIFA 20 TOTSSF, to give it its new monicker, sees the best performers from domestic leagues given special in-game cards to celebrate their big real-life campaigns.
This year it’s a little different, in that almost all football is suspended due to Covid-19 - so the cards represent the season so far, up to the middle of March. The two exceptions are the domestic leagues in China and the USA, which were completed before the end of 2019.
The first FIFA 20 TOTSSF squad of 18 players was released at 6pm on Friday 24 April, and contained a set of players voted for by the community. Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace, 92) and Joe Gomez (Liverpool, 93) were the highlights. The Community team was immediately followed by the FIFA 20 TOTSSF squad for the EFL. Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham, 92) and Kalvin Phillips (CDM, 92) are the highest-rated players in that squad.
On Friday 1 May, the Premier League TOTSSF emerged. It features two players with the maximum possible overall rating of 99: Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City) and Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool). Three of van Dijk's team-mates also nudged close to the highest possible rating: Sadio Mane (98), Alisson (97) and Mo Salah (97).
The third week brought squads from the Saudi MBS Pro League and Spanish La Liga. Messi's 99-OVR stands out, clearly, while team-mates Luis Suarez (97), Antoine Griezmann (96), Marc-Andre Ter Stegen (95) and Frenkie de Jong (94) all get mega boosts too.
Week four started on Friday 15 May with the Bundesliga squad – we'd also sneakily received the Turkish's league elite campaigners earlier in the week. Standout cards from the German top flight include Robert Lewandowski (FC Bayern, 99), Timo Werner (RB Leipzig, 97) and wunderkind Erling Braut Haaland (Dortmund, 95).
We then received the Liga NOS TOTSSF on Monday 18 May, followed by the Serie A equivalent to kick off week five – with a 99-rated Cristiano Ronaldo its most sought-after card. Also of note is 97-rated Luis Alberto, who happens to feature in our look at FIFA 21 ratings, scouting 11 players who need upgrades in next year's game.
Squads for the Eredivisie and CSL preceded week six's Ligue 1 squad. Paris pair Kylian Mbappe and Neymar were the pick of that selection, both scoring supreme 98-rated special items.
The final week added sides for LATAM and the MLS, before the Ultimate Team Of The Season So Far's big release. This 20-man line-up rounded up the best players from previous weeks, including those 99-rated cards for van Dijk, Messi, Ronaldo, de Bruyne, and Lewandowski.
FIFA 20 TOTS: Which leagues and players are represented?
The following competitions made up the now-complete FIFA 20 TOTSSF league list:
Bundesliga (Germany) [released 15 May]
Community [released Friday 24 April]
CSL (China) [released Monday 25 May]
EFL (England) [released Friday 24 April]
Eredivisie (Holland) [released Monday 25 May]
LATAM (Latin America) [released Monday 1 June]
La Liga (Spain) [released Friday 8 May]
Liga NOS (Portugal) [released Monday 18 May]
Ligue 1 (France) [released Friday 29 May]
MBS Pro League (Saudi Arabia) [released Monday 4 May]
MLS (USA) [released Monday 1 June]
Premier League (England) [released Friday 1 May]
Serie A (Italy) [released Monday 18 May]
Super Lig (Turkey) [released Monday 11 May]
Ultimate TOTTSF [released Friday 5 June]
FIFA 20 TOTS: How much do the cards cost?
Prices fluctuated wildly as each new team was released, with cards at their most expensive on Thursdays and Fridays as people built their weekend league squads.
Messi was shifting for more than 6 million coins in his first hours on the market, but settled at 2.5 million. Similarly, Ronaldo was a whopping 10 million if you wanted him in his first hours on sale, eventually dropping down to 4.9m.
Analyse the market carefully for an afternoon before committing to any card priced deep into the millions.
Many of the Premier League TOTSSF cards sell for upwards of 1.5 million: Kevin de Bruyne is a wallet-exploding 2.6 million coins, making van Dijk's 1.8 million price tag feel like a comparative bargain. If you don't have seven figures to spare, consider Adama Traore (Wolves, 89) - 128K but with a pace rating of 99. Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Manchester United, 90) will also see you through to FIFA 21 at right-back, at a cost of 212K.
There are bargains to be found in earlier squads. Semi Ajayi (CB, West Brom) is a very serviceable 87-rated CB who can be had for 21K, while 89-rated Peter Gulacsi (RB Leipzig) is one of the game's most reliable keepers - but can be snaffled for just 35K.
FIFA 20 TOTS: How else can I get new cards?
Two TOTSSF players were immediately available as gameplay objectives, rather than being on the transfer market. French forward Marcus Thuram (Borussia Moenchengladbach, 89) was unlockable by completing a set of four tasks in online Division Rivals matches. Rapid striker Ivan Toney (Peterborough United, 88) could be grabbed in the same manner, although his tasks were easier: they required completion in offline Squad Battles.
For week two, these challenges were replaced by ones for Raul Jimenez (Wolves, 91) and Ayoze Perez (Leicester City, 89). Week three delivered Sergio Reguilon (Sevilla, 92), Mariano (Real Madrid, 89) and Romarinho (Al Ittihad, 89) in their place.
The outset of week four saw Marcel Sabitzer (RB Leipzig, 92) added as the Rivals-based challenge, while Javairo Dilrosun (Hertha Berlin, 89) became available for the week upon completion four Squad Battles objectives. In week five, Joao Pedro (Cagliari, 92) and Jeremie Boga (Sassuolo, 89) replaced them. Next up were Idrissa Gueye (Paris, 93) and Aleksandr Golovin (Monaco, 89).
A steady stream of TOTS cards were available through Squad Building Challenges. The first was Mauro Icardi (Paris, 90). For him you needed to trade in a squad rated 86 or above, containing at least one League 1 player. Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid, 90) and Wilfred Zdidi (Leicester City, 91) appeared once the Icardi challenge had expired.
A beautifully well-rounded Saul (Atletico Madrid, 93) was the La Liga SBC, available until Wednesday 13 May. Two days later that was again replaced, by Axel Witsel (Dortmund, 93) – with his place taken by Allan (Napoli, 91) on Friday 22 May. Look away now, West Ham fans: week six saw the addition of an SBC for Dimitri Payet (Marseille, 93).
The final week brought a 'Season Objectives' challenge which could be completed to unlock Jack Grealish (Aston Villa, 92), along with an SBC for Ligue 1 speedster Josh Maja (Bordeaux, 93).
FIFA 20 TOTS: Is there a full player list?
Yes there is. For the sake of this feature not needing seventeen pages, all players rated 94 or above are listed below.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (ST, Piemonte Calcio) 99
- Kevin de Bruyne (CM, Manchester City) 99
- Virgil van Dijk (CB, Liverpool) 99
- Lionel Messi (RW, Barcelona) 99
- Robert Lewandowski (ST, FC Bayern) 99
- Sadio Mane (LW, Liverpool) 98
- Neymar Jr (LW, Paris) 98
- Kylian Mbappe (ST, Paris) 98
- Alisson (GK, Liverpool) 97
- Mohamed Salah (RW, Liverpool) 97
- Luis Suarez (ST, Barcelona) 97
- Raphael Varane (CB, Real Madrid) 97
- Karim Benzema (CF, Real Madrid) 97
- Timo Werner (ST, RB Leipzig) 97
- Luis Alberto (CM, Lazio) 97
- Wissam Ben Yedder (ST, Monaco) 97
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (ST, Arsenal) 96
- Sergio Aguero (ST, Manchester City) 96
- Antoine Griezmann (LW, Barcelona) 96
- Sergio Ramos (CB, Real Madrid) 96
- Jan Oblak (GK, Atletico Madrid) 96
- Toni Kroos (CM, Real Madrid) 96
- Nabil Fekir (CAM, Real Betis) 96
- Jadon Sancho (RF, Dortmund) 96
- Joshua Kimmich (CDM, Bayern) 96
- Lautaro Martinez (ST, Inter) 96
- Alejandro Gomez (CAM, Atalanta) 96
- Josip Ilicic (ST, Atalanta) 96
- Ciro Immobile (ST, Inter) 96
- Angel di Maria (RW, Paris) 96
- Hakim Ziyech (CAM, Ajax) 96
- Carlos Vela (RW, LAFC) 96
- Riyad Mahrez (RW, Manchester City) 95
- Son Heung-Min (LM, Tottenham) 95
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (RB, Liverpool) 95
- Jamie Vardy (ST, Leicester) 95
- Marc-Andre Ter Stegen (GK, Barcelona) 95
- Mats Hummels (CB, Dortmund) 95
- Erling Braut Haaland (ST, Dortmund) 95
- Marco Reus (CAM, Dortmund) 95
- Thomas Muller (CM, Bayern) 95
- Stefan de Vrij (CB, Inter) 95
- Wojciech Szczęsny (GK, Piemonte Calcio) 95
- Marco Verratti (CM, Paris) 95
- Thiago Silva (CB, Paris) 95
- Quincy Promes (LM, Ajax) 95
- Paulinho (CM, CSL) 95
- Romelu Lukaku (ST, Inter) 95 [SBC only]
- Carlos Tevez (ST, Buenos Aires) 95
- Yann Sommer (GK, Mönchengladbach) 94
- Marcus Rashford (LM, Manchester United) 94
- Jordan Henderson (CM, Liverpool) 94
- Santi Cazorla (CM, Villarreal) 94
- Andy Robertson (LM, Liverpool) 94
- Carvajal (RB, Real Madrid) 94
- Frenkie de Jong (CM, Barcelona) 94
- Filip Kostic (LM, Eintracht Frankfurt) 94
- Kai Havertz (CAM, Bayer Leverkusen) 94
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (CM, Lazio) 94
- Paulo Dybala (ST, Piemonte Calcio) 94
- Samir Handanovic (GK, Inter) 94
- Chris Smalling (CB, Roma) 94
- Pizzi (RM, Benfica) 94
- Alex Telles (LB, Porto) 94
- Renato Sanches (CM, Lille) 94
- Memphis Depay (CF, Lyon) 94
- Houssem Aouar (CM, Lyon) 94
- Marquinhos (CB, Paris) 94
- Donny van de Beek (CDM, Ajax) 94
- Hulk (RW, Shanghai SIPG) 94
- Oussama Idrissi (LW, AZ) 94
- Renato Augusto (CM, Beijing Guoan) 94
- Josef Martinez (ST, Atlanta) 94
- Eduardo Salvio (RM, Buenos Aires) 94
- Ignacio Fernandez (CM, Nunez) 94
FIFA 20 review | FIFA 20 tips | FIFA 20 Volta tips | FIFA 20 Career Mode | FIFA 20 Pro Clubs tips | FIFA 20 patch notes | FIFA 20 ratings | FIFA 20 formations | FIFA 20 best teams | FIFA 20 icons | FIFA 20 Ones To Watch | FIFA 20 TOTW | FIFA 20 squad battles | FIFA 20 stadiums | FIFA 20 kits | FIFA 20 chemistry styles | FIFA 20 coins | FIFA 20 celebrations | FIFA 20 wonderkids | FIFA 20 loyalty glitch | FIFA 20 SBC solutions | FIFA 20 UCL cards | FIFA 20 web app tips | FIFA 20 vs PES 2020 comparison | FIFA 20 mods