Our Resident Evil 4 Remake guide will do a lot to walk you through RE4 and help you get to grips with everything from collectibles, combat, weapons, puzzles and more on top of that. All these challenges in the RE4 Remake are pretty hard to get through, so we've put together a range of Resident Evil 4 Remake guides, all laid out for you below, so you can make your tour through Europe a little less grueling.
Resident Evil 4 Remake Review
Resident Evil 4 is a great remake of a classic game. That was the verdict in our full Resident Evil 4 Remake review, where GamesRadar+ was quick to praise the job Capcom has done to retain the spirit of the 2005 original and imbue it with truly stunning visuals and atmosphere. As we say in the review: "Resident Evil 4 Remake is full of action and variety that's as exhilarating now as it ever was," making it well worth your time and attention.
Resident Evil 4 Remake release date and platforms
Resident Evil 4 Remake is out now, having released on March 24, 2023. The game is available on PS5, PS4, PC, and Xbox Series X. Sadly, Capcom is yet to confirm whether Resident Evil 4 will ever come to Xbox One or Nintendo Switch.
How long is Resident Evil 4 Remake?
Wondering how long to beat Resident Evil 4? That number varies drastically depending on whether you do all the side content or just the story and critical path – but either way, we got an answer for you.
Resident Evil 4 Remake tips
If you're having trouble, our Resident Evil 4 tips will do a lot to help get you off the ground, with general tips on dealing with enemies, improving your gear, and making sure you survive what's ahead. Whether you're new to the franchise or an RE veteran, there'll be something you can use here.
Best Resident Evil 4 Remake weapons
Without the best Resident Evil 4 weapons you don't have a chance of survival, so we put together all the best ones for you to pick, and where you can find every single weapon in the game. And for the real outlier that's offered to you early on, we also put something together on should you get the Bolt Thrower in Resident Evil 4, because that's one that many will understandably deliberate over, and how to get the Resident Evil 4 Red9, one of our favourite guns in the whole game.
Where to find all Clockwork Dolls in Resident Evil 4 Remake
The Resident Evil 4 Clockwork Dolls are a special collectible hidden throughout the game, with (technically) one per chapter. With 16 Dolls to find and some of them incredibly well concealed, we've scoured the game to find them all and laid out their locations clearly for you at the attached page.
Resident Evil 4 Remake Blue Medallion locations
Throughout the game you'll find a bunch of Resident Evil 4 blue medallions, special collectibles tied to requests pinned to the walls and written on blue notes. Our guide will do a lot to help you track them down, or you can use our special guide to find the late-game medallions with the Resident Evil 4 Cargo Depot blue medallions and Resident Evil 4 Cliffside Ruins blue medallions pages we've put together!
Resident Evil 4 Remake small keys and treasures
There's a lot of locked-off treasure in RE4, and we can show you how to get all of it - just check for the right guide below!
- Want the Resident Evil 4 Yellow Herbs to boost your health? We've found them all for you.
- Found a Resident Evil 4 Dirty Pendant? We explain how they work, and how you can get clean ones instead.
- Noticed all the locked Wayshrines in the village and lake area? Our Resident Evil 4 Wayshrines guide will explain how to pop them open.
- The game is full of locked drawers - you'll need some Resident Evil 4 Small Keys to unlock them.
- Found the shrine that needs Resident Evil 4 hexagon pieces at the Lake? Our page will help you find those.
How to survive the village in Resident Evil 4 Remake
Learning how to survive the village in Resident Evil 4 is incredibly tough, as it's the first major challenge and one that, while it has multiple solutions, is never easy. Fortunately we've put together a guide that'll help you make it through, no matter your playstyle.
Resident Evil 4 Remake puzzles solutions
Stuck at some puzzle or locked door in RE4 that's stopping you from proceeding? No worries – we've done them all ourselves, and can take you through the toughest Resident Evil 4 Remake puzzles. We've laid them out in chronological order below, so just pick whichever one is giving you trouble!
- After escaping with Luis and meeting the Merchant, you'll encounter the Resident Evil 4 eagle lock gate, and need to find a key to open it.
- Trying to work out the locked cupboard in the Village Chief's Manor? We've explained the Resident Evil 4 code and combination lock for you.
- Immediately after that, you'll need to solve the Resident Evil 4 crystal marble puzzle by rotating a glass ball to find a symbol.
- Ashley is in the church - but you'll need the Resident Evil 4 Church Key to find it. It's a long process, but we'll help you reach it.
- Trying to get the stone heads around the lake? Our guide to the Resident Evil 4 Shrine Cave codes will help you reach them.
- Finding the Serpent's Head in the Castle means solving the Resident Evil 4 dining hall puzzle. We can tell you how it works.
- While evading the Regeneradors in the lab, the Resident Evil 4 keycard will need to be found and upgraded, which we've explained. You'll also need to find a Resident Evil 4 wrench to crack the panel off the last Override Terminal. It's somewhere very surprising, but we can show you where to hunt.
Resident Evil 4 Remake blue notes
The Merchant in the RE4 Remake will regularly drop blue notes around for you to find with special requests and side quests attached. Some are harder than others, and we've put together guides on the tougher ones for you to complete.
- Want to find three snakes for the Viper Hunter request? We've actually laid out a place they can be farmed in our Resident Evil 4 vipers page.
- The Grave Robber request asks you to shoot the Resident Evil 4 twin emblems, and with a whole graveyard to search, we've helped narrow it down.
- The Egg Hunt challenge asks you to find the very rare Resident Evil 4 Gold Chicken Egg, and there's only two in the whole game.
- The Disgrace of the Salazar Family request is about defacing a picture of Ramon himself. Our Resident Evil 4 Deface Ramon's Portrait guide will explain where it is and how you do that.
Resident Evil 4 Remake charms and Shooting Gallery tips
This Resident Evil 4 shooting gallery and charms guide will explain the recurring minigame that the Merchant sets up for you, how it works, the best way to do it, as well as how getting the special charms, perks and buffs can work for you (or not, if you're terminally unlucky).
© GamesRadar+. Not to be reproduced without permission