FIFA 20 winter upgrades are here - and after much speculation, there’s big news for Manchester United’s Daniel James, Leicester’s Caglar Soyuncu, and a smattering of players from Borussia Monchengladbach and LOSC Lille. FIFA 20 follows in the footsteps of previous games by providing mid-year Ultimate Team boosts to players who’ve had exceptional seasons, and this time out 50 players receive leaps of 3+ OVR points. We’ve profiled a selection below, with the complete FIFA 20 winter upgrades list at the bottom of this piece.
Erling Haland (ST, Borussia Dortmund) - 73 to 79 (+6)
Looking for the player with the biggest overall update in February? Dortmund’s Norwegian goal poacher comes in a close second. Aged just 19, Haland spent the first half of this season shredding defenders for Red Bull Salzburg in the Austrian Bundesliga, leading to a move to Germany in January. His card changes from silver to gold as part of the colossal six-point stats increase.
Caglar Soyuncu (CB, Leicester City) - 74 to 79 (+5)
The big-haired Foxes defender announced himself onto the scene with imperious displays at the season’s outset, and there’s been no let-up as Leicester have fortified a top four spot. He’s rewarded with the joint-biggest winter upgrade of any Premier League player - a boost of five overall points, and switch from silver card to gold.
Daniel James (RM, Manchester United) - 72 to 77 (+5)
Alongside Soyuncu and Chelsea’s Fikayo Tomori, United’s super summer signing from Swansea (try saying that with a mouthful of Polos) gets the biggest boost among Premier League players, with five points added to his OVR. He also switches from silver to gold. Other noteworthy Prem starlets to score upgrades include Mason Mount (Chelsea) and James Maddison (Leicester).
Mohammed Salisu (CB, Real Valladolid) - 68 to 75 (+7)
This year’s biggest mid-season jump of all goes to a Ghanaian defender who barely registered outside of La Liga before this campaign. Salisu has been colossal at the back alongside Kiko Olivas throughout 2019-20, turning in performances that have kept Valladolid away from the relegation zone. Aged just 20, he’ll surely be a fixture of Ghana’s national side for the next decade.
Martin Odegaard (CAM, Real Sociedad) - 78 to 82 (+4)
The Sociedad forward scored an upgradeable card as part of FIFA 20 Future Stars, and now his standard item gets a lift too. Odegaard is one of eight players who also earns a position change, from RW to CAM. The others are Daniel James (LM to RM), Achraf Hakimi (LB to RB), Marcus Thuram (LM to ST), Denis Zakaria (CM to CDM), Andrei Girotto (CDM to CB), Boubakary Soumare (CM to CDM), and Yoann Court (LM to RM).
Laszlo Benes (CAM, Borussia Monchengladbach) - 70 to 75 (+5)
At time of writing Monchengladbach sit fourth in the Bundesliga table, so it’s little surprise to see three players receive significant boosts. Benes jumps from silver to gold as a result of his, with striker Marcus Thuram and midfielder Denis Zakaria also upgraded. Matching the German side are French outfit LOSC Lille, who also receive three souped-up cards: centre-back Gabriel, defensive midfielder Boubakary Soumare, and striker Victor Osimhen.
Andre Onana (GK, Ajax) - 82 to 85 (+3)
The FIFA 20 winter upgrades list is sadly unkind to the Eredivise and Primeira Liga. In both instances, just one player receives a boost. Cameroon goalkeeper Onana is the lucky recipient of the Dutch upgrade, while Agustin Marchesin - also a netminder - scores the sole new card from Portugal. Italy’s Serie A is stingily treated too, with just three upgrades granted.
Full list of FIFA 20 winter upgrades
- Daniel James (RM, Manchester United) - 72 to 77 (+5)
- Fikayo Tomori (CB, Chelsea) - 72 to 77 (+5)
- Mason Mount (CAM, Chelsea) - 75 to 79 (+4)
- Caglar Soyuncu (CB, Leicester City) - 74 to 79 (+5)
- Jamie Vardy (ST, Leicester City) - 82 to 85 (+3)
- Wilfred Ndidi (CDM, Leicester City) - 81 to 84 (+3)
- James Maddison (CAM, Leicester City) - 79 to 82 (+3)
- Emiliano Buendia (RM, Norwich City) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- Tim Krul, Norwich City (GK, Norwich City) - 73 to 76 (+3)
- Adama Traore (RW, Wolverhampton Wanderers) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- Enda Stevens (LWB, Sheffield United) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- John Egan (CB, Sheffield United) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- Jack Grealish (CAM, Aston Villa) - 77 to 80 (+3)
- Federico Valverde (CM, Real Madrid) - 77 to 81 (+4)
- Mohammed Salisu (CB, Real Valladolid) - 68 to 75 (+7)
- Unai Simon (GK, Athletic Club) - 73 to 78 (+5)
- Unai Lopez (CM, Athletic Club) - 74 to 78 (+4)
- Pau Torres (CB, Villarreal) - 73 to 78 (+5)
- Martin Odegaard (CAM, Real Sociedad) - 78 to 82 (+4)
- Alexander Isak (ST, Real Sociedad) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- German (CB, Granada) - 73 to 77 (+4)
- Rui Silva (GK, Granada) - 71 to 75 (+4)
- Ante Budimir (ST, RCD Mallorca) - 72 to 76 (+4)
- Emerson Leite De Souza (RB, Real Betis) - 71 to 75 (+4)
- Ezequiel Avila (ST, Osasuna) - 75 to 78 (+3)
- Aitor (GK, Levante) - 76 to 79 (+3)
- Cucurella (LM, Getafe) - 75 to 78 (+3)
- Reguilon (LB, Sevilla) - 77 to 80 (+3)
- Erling Haland (ST, Borussia Dortmund) - 73 to 79 (+6)
- Achraf Hakimi (RB, Borussia Dortmund) - 79 to 82 (+3)
- Marcus Thuram (ST, Borussia Monchengladbach) - 75 to 80 (+5)
- Laszlo Benes (CAM, Borussia Monchengladbach) - 70 to 75 (+5)
- Denis Zakaria (CDM, Borussia Monchengladbach) - 78 to 81 (+3)
- Timo Werner (ST, RB Leipzig) - 83 to 86 (+3)
- Amine Harit (CAM, Schalke) - 76 to 79 (+3)
- Florian Niederlechner (ST, FC Augsburg) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- Nicolo Zaniolo (CAM, Roma) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- Merih Demiral (CB, Piemonte Calcio) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- Lautaro Martinez (ST, Inter) - 81 to 84 (+3)
- Andrei Girotto (CB, FC Nantes) - 73 to 77 (+4)
- Predrag Rajkovic (GK, Stade de Reims) - 73 to 76 (+3)
- Islam Slimani (ST, AS Monaco) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- Victor Osimhen (ST, LOSC Lille) - 74 to 77 (+3)
- Gabriel (CB, LOSC Lille) - 73 to 76 (+3)
- Boubakary Soumare (CDM, LOSC Lille) - 72 to 75 (+3)
- Yoann Court (RM, Stade Brestois 29) - 72 to 75 (+3)
- Gautier Larsonneur (GK, Stade Brestois 29) - 73 to 76 (+3)
- Andre Onana (GK, Ajax) - 82 to 85 (+3)
- Agustin Marchesin (GK, FC Porto) - 78 to 81 (+3)
FIFA 20 review | FIFA 20 tips | FIFA 20 Volta tips | FIFA 20 Career Mode | FIFA 20 Pro Clubs tips | FIFA 20 patch notes | FIFA 20 ratings | FIFA 20 formations | FIFA 20 best teams | FIFA 20 icons | FIFA 20 Ones To Watch | FIFA 20 TOTW | FIFA 20 squad battles | FIFA 20 stadiums | FIFA 20 kits | FIFA 20 chemistry styles | FIFA 20 coins | FIFA 20 celebrations | FIFA 20 wonderkids | FIFA 20 loyalty glitch | FIFA 20 SBC solutions | FIFA 20 UCL cards | FIFA 20 web app tips | FIFA 20 vs PES 2020 comparison | FIFA 20 mods