Enchanting Skill Trainer Locations
You can also pay coin to have your skill leveled up for you. There are two Enchanting trainers in Skyrim:
Sergius teaches Enchanting inside the College of Winterhold. You can find him in the Hall of Elements or the Hall of Countenance. He is an Expert-level trainer.
Hamal can be found inside the Inner Sanctum of the Temple of Dibella in Markarth. You’ll either need to pick the lock on the door (expert or master level) or pickpocket the key from Senna, who keeps watch nearby. You’ll also have to complete Hamal’s quest, “The Heart of Dibella,” before she will offer her training services. She is a Master-level trainer.
Enchanting Book Locations
There are five books to be found throughout Skyrim that enhance your Enchanting skill upon reading. Below you’ll find the locations for said books, though you only get the boost upon your first read.
Catalogue of Weapon Enchantments
- Leaning against the treasure chest in the center of the Roadside Ruins, just northwest of Falkreath
- On an upstairs table in Emporer’s Tower of Castle Dour in Solitude
- Between two barrels inside The White Hall of Dawnstar
- Quest reward from Urag gro-Shrub of the College of Winterhold for completing “Hitting the Books”
- On an Arcane Enchanter in Darkwater Pass
Catalog of Armor Enchantments
- On a shelf in Falion’s House in Morthal
- Next to the Arcane Enchanter in Fort Amol, southwest of Windhelm
- At the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, a Daedric shrine on the mountain east of Morthal
- Below deck of the Brinehammer shipwreck, west of Dawnstar
- On a table inside Steamscorch Mine of Kynesgrove, just south of Windhelm
- On the floor of Carlotta Valentia’s House in Whiterun
- On the Arcane Enchanter inside Hob’s Fall Cave, at the midway point between Dawnstar and Winterhold
- Inside Honeyside (a purchasable home) in Riften
- In a cart next to some corpses just west of Whistling Mine, southwest of Winterhold
- Next to a shrine just northwest of Valthume, a location far southeast of Markarth
- In Calcelmo’s Lab in Markarth
- On the Arcane Enchanter in Serpent’s Bluff Redoubt, a Forswron camp just southwest of Rorisktead, southwest of Dawnstar
- In a basket on a barrel in a room inside Jarl’s Longhouse of Winterhold
- Near the Shrine of Stendarr, southeast of Swindler’s Den, south of Dawnstar and east of Rorisktead
- In the bandit chief’s room of Treva’s Watch, far west of Riften
A Tragedy in Black
- In the room with the Arcane Enchanter in Ilinalta’s Deep, directly north of Falkreath
- On a bookshelf in Bruca’s Leap Redoubt, a Forsworn camp west of Dragon Bridge
- Near the Arcane Enchanter in Glenmoril Coven, a cave northwest of Falkreath
- At the Shrine of Akatosh, northeast of Twilight Sepulcher, directly west of Falkreath
- On a crate just east of Eldergleam Sanctuary, northeast of Ivarstead
There are a small number of quests that, upon completion, boost your Enchanting skill. They are as follows:
Discerning the Transmundane (+5 to Enchanting upon completion)
To begin this quest, seek out Septimus Signus in his outpost north of the College of Winterhold (pictured above). The quest is lengthy, but at the end, choose the ‘path of the mage’ for your stat boost.
Find Pantea’s Flute Quest (+1 to Enchanting upon completion)
To take on this quest, speak to Pantea in the Bard’s College (or the Winking Skeever inn) of Solitude. The flute is in Hob’s Fall Cave.