Topics

Top 7

• Tehokason-montour - January 8, 2014 2:48 a.m.

Nah, Obsidian does it better. Bethesda's games are pretty bad, I'd say they have world design, but I find Fallout 3's world highly overrated. Fallout 3 as a game did nothing well besides being really big and having a great iconic name and world. Really, the best things about 3 were just that it was Fallout, and Fallout is great. Besides that, Obsidian did everything better, if they could make that good a game in such a short dev time I'd love to see what they could do with a full cycle and new technology. I'm willing to yawn through another Bethesda Fallout is we get a real Fallout 4 afterwords :P.
  • Dust - January 10, 2014 4:01 a.m.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, You literally couldn't say anything more backwards and idiotic than what you just said right there, I pity you that you cant see fallout 3 for the genius that it is, While good and providing some nice new features and much needed bug-fix's New vegas is just not on par with fallout 3
  • horrorfinatic - February 21, 2014 11:22 a.m.

You're right, it isn't, cause it's better.
  • horrorfinatic - February 21, 2014 11:25 a.m.

think this replied to the wrong comment...
  • horrorfinatic - February 21, 2014 11:21 a.m.

Agreed, I enjoy Fallout 3 but New Vegas was so much more well-written, the characters were likable, the world was one I actually wanted to learn about, and the story was something I could feel invested in. IT also looked better from a visual standpoint, in my opinion. Fallout 3 is fairly same-y looking all through the Capital Wasteland. Some of the vistas in New Vegas were quite beautiful though.
  • Cwf2008 - February 21, 2014 11:22 a.m.

Fallout 3 had a great world, plenty of side quests, a pretty decent main storyline, LIAM NEESON. Need I say more? What's your evidence?
  • Swedish_Chef - January 8, 2014 2:37 a.m.

I really want a new F-Zero game, I don't care if it's for 3DS or Wii-U I just want a new one. Nintendo pls. ;_;
  • ThatGamerDude - January 8, 2014 1:43 a.m.

My personal games I want announce in 2014 (In no particular order) 1. New Star Fox for the Wii U (Semi-related note: I might be the only person that actually loved Star Fox: Assault) 2. New Star Ocean (or at least a HD remake of Till the End of Time) 3. An actual 2D Sonic game (Not 2.5 like Sonic 4) 4. Battlefield: Bad Company 3 (I would've preferred this over BF4) 5. Just Cause 3 (Once Avalanche Studios finishes up with Mad Max then I hope this is their next game) 6. Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 (I know it's a pretty random one but I'm a roller coaster enthusiast and RCT3 is still one of my favorite PC games) 7. A new 3D Pokemon RPG game (like Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness) 8. LittleBigPlanet 3 (I only asks that it at least be confirmed since Media Molecule just finished up with Tearaway) Those are all I can think of off the top of my head right now...
  • Pruman - January 10, 2014 3:59 a.m.

I really liked the flying levels. Those were great! It was the on-foot stuff that was terrible. I blame GTA 3, as nearly every game that came out around the same time tried to shoehorn in some open-world gameplay. The best direction for the next Star Fox, in my humble opinion, would be to copy Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge. In keeping with Star Fox Team's mercenary ethos, you'd fly from system to system, taking on odd jobs and occasional story missions. You could use money to upgrade your ships or install subsystems on the Great Fox. That would RULE! Also, I NEVER want to be on foot. I want to fly star fighters and drive tanks.
  • Bansheebot - January 7, 2014 9:55 p.m.

"...Bethesda’s Elder Scrolls team. Those guys found a way to modernize the series while staying true to its past." Uh.... They certainly modernized it, but Obsidian's New Vegas was far truer to Fallouts of yesteryear than FO3, and that's not just because NV was on the West Coast. Fo3 (debatably) had better world design, but as far as story, writing, rpg elements, and running themes, New Vegas was infinitely superior. I mean really, ignoring the dlcs Fallout 3's story, setting, and characters were fairly typical of post-apocalyptia. New Vegas however, with it's internal and external power struggles and clashes of ideology were far more interesting than Fo3's "Stop teh bad guys from using the virus or maybe don't even though you'll kill pretty much everybody."
  • GameManiac - January 7, 2014 8:49 p.m.

Anybody remember the rumor about a Star Fox/Metroid crossover? ...*Sigh*...
  • Pruman - January 7, 2014 1:54 p.m.

Advance Wars: Death, Destruction and Doom. With StreetPass army swapping and downloadable maps like Fire Emblem.
  • MeanwhileGuy - January 7, 2014 10:27 a.m.

"But there’s one important ground rule with this list: No Half-Life 3 Episode 3 (and HL3 is even less likely). We’re not wasting valuable list space on a game that we all know will never come out" LIES. LIES AND SLANDER. Valve have obviously been developing some form of HL game for years, Episode 3 probably just ballooned in size, and was probably going to be the first game released on a completely redesigned and updated Source engine (god knows the original is showing its age), so it probably just morphed into HL3, and Valve have been waiting for next-gen consoles to catch up to their ambitions with the game. Come on, there has to be a reason every single Half Life game was just on sale for ridiculously cheap prices in the Steam Sale.
  • Bansheebot - January 7, 2014 9:59 p.m.

Aside from them always going on sale for ridiculously low prices. ....Which probably has nothing to do with Garry's Mod's.
  • BackwaterRifle - January 7, 2014 10:20 a.m.

Bethesda might have laid the foundation for how the game would work in 3D, but in reality they did more questionable things with the lore than good. If your sole basis wanting Bethesda game studios to make Fallout 4 because they "stayed true to the past", then I really question weather you've experienced the series as a whole(or at least read up on the first two games enough so you know what went on). It seems as if your just playing to the popular opinion that Fallout 3 is a better game than New Vegas, which could be argued, but if we are talking about which one was a better Fallout Game, then New Vegas easily takes the cake, because of how much it hearkens back to Fallout of old. TL;DR Obsidian was truer to Fallout's past than Bethesda, so that bit about Bethesda handling the game is merely playing to popular opinion, and using a BS explanation for it.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - January 7, 2014 5:47 p.m.

I understand your argument, but there are some of us who simply like the darker, drabber approach that Bethesda took in Fallout 3 -- even if it wasn't like the previous games.
  • BackwaterRifle - January 8, 2014 5:50 p.m.

He could have just said it like that then.
  • Sjoeki - January 7, 2014 9:55 a.m.

I'm waiting for is the new Rocksteady game, and some news about that new Mass Effect game, those two and a new Fallout game, please don't make it a MMO, I think that would ruin the lone wanderer thing, seeing people tea bagging left and right in power armor suits while screaming in headsets. Damn that would be an awesome year.
  • Clovin64 - January 7, 2014 6:35 a.m.

Just like DMC, I'd like to see Resident Evil or Dino Crisis get rebooted. Maybe Capcom could pass it over to a different developer? God, I miss Dino Crisis 2. Also I wouldn't expect anything this year, but maybe a Demon's Souls 2 announcement? I think Sony still owns the IP and it would be cool if they actually did something with it. Maybe the hub/stage based structure would be a good fit for the Vita?
  • gilgamesh310 - January 7, 2014 9:59 a.m.

Resident Evil already had enough reboots. The series should just stay dead at this point. I would love to see a new Dino Crisis game, and also a new Fear Effect game, but expecting anything like that is just pointless at this point.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - January 7, 2014 5:55 a.m.

advance wars 3D
  • Manguy17 - January 7, 2014 4:03 a.m.

Announcements for, if not necessarily releases of Fallout and ME 4 would be ideal. Not fussed about a new Crash or Doom. I feel like the core of both games are outdated and a full retail title would either have to compromise what people loved about them or fail commercially (of course smaller download only titles might work). A new Deus Ex would be good to see too, the new consoles could definitely sort out the slight lack of polish around the last game, and it would be nice to see a graphically pumped game with the wonderful aesthetic they created. A return of PGR would also be nice, but that's rather unlikely. Unless I am missing something there seems to be a lack of anything similar. NFS is just a bit too arcadey for me now. EMP strikes to take out other cars? not thanks, PGR had this loveley quality to make it feel like a realistic game and I was just incredibly good, rather than something that just leaps outside the realm of possibility. (I have heard a few people stating that DriveClub is going down the same "semi arcade" road, any truth to this?)
  • KA87 - January 7, 2014 3:59 a.m.

No Half-Life 3? :)