Topics

Best of GR

• Jackonomics - November 15, 2013 5:12 p.m.

It's kind of sad when the games actual launch games isn't the top spots.
  • CharThom - November 15, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Hmm.. Don't know what to take from the list, that 6 of the best PS4 games are currently available on this generation consoles or that one of the actual PS4 games "Knack" has been universally panned.. To say that you can cross out 7 of these games as either not good / not a PS4 exclusive game, is PS4 having a relapse of the PS3 launch problem. I will say though from what i've played of Killzone, it's definitely an improvement on the previous game, not the best compliment but atleast it's a compliment and Resogun looks interesting, but Contrast is the flash game "Shift" but old-timey.
  • CharThom - November 16, 2013 3:07 p.m.

EDIT: Upon loading up my Xbox 360 I have noticed Contrast is available.. Meaning Sony have 2 actual games on the list, which can possibly be considered the "Best PS4 games", so whilst you guys play Killzone & Resogun, I'll be sat here waiting for a worth while game... This is for you Naughty Dog, BRING ME CRASH BANDICOOT!
  • Timstertimster - November 15, 2013 9:39 a.m.

These days, reading gamesradar is like reading corporate marketing brochures. Everything is awesome, the critiques a token blemish on the overall message which is: oooohhh isn't this all so very exciting! Ugh.
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 15, 2013 10:01 a.m.

This is a "best list" for people looking to buy games, if you're looking for more damning critiques I'd suggest the reviews themselves, linked in each entry.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - November 15, 2013 10:05 a.m.

Or, you know, you could read their reviews. Just throwing that out there.
  • BladedFalcon - November 15, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Right next to this article (Literally to the right.) is an article criticizing Sony and their attitude regarding Knack and their very low scores. Do you need glasses, son?
  • michelkeepertje - February 4, 2014 6:50 a.m.

If you know how to properly write game related articles, you should make your own website. With blackjack and hookers! I look forward to reading your insightful articles on your thousands-of-visitors-a-day website
  • ~LanceR. - November 13, 2013 8:14 p.m.

Announce Dark Cloud 3 and Uncharted 4 = <3
  • Drekner - January 30, 2014 7:10 p.m.

Dark Cloud 3.. Man that'd blow me out of my chair.
  • JMarsella09 - November 13, 2013 6:39 p.m.

I'm gonna wait for the Witness...
  • GOD - November 13, 2013 6:10 p.m.

If anything the games I'd want to play most on the PS4 right now are the F2P games that aren't listed here.
  • Cyberninja - November 13, 2013 3:44 p.m.

Fun the top 2 games for a system are still available for Current gen and 3 of the 4 exclusive games are in the bottom half of the list, why is anyone in a rush to join the "Next Gen" bandwagon if none of it is any good yet?
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 4:04 p.m.

Same reason certain people rushed to join the "not quite next gen" bandwagon Nintendo offered them last year, except with even less worthwhile games, both third party and otherwise! :P Trolling aside, it's the way this always works, and I mean, while people like you and me might know better than to buy a console at launch, those that do kinda do us a favor, by filling in the ranks, showing the companies that there IS a demand for it, and serving as an incentive to make more games for it as a result.
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 5 p.m.

What makes you think you "know better" than anyone else? You might not choose to be an early adaptor for a new console, and thats fine,.that's your choice driven by your situation, but are you really arrogant enough to suggest you think you know better than every single person in every situation when it comes to buying a console. I choose to pick up the PS4 when it's out (29th for me in the UK) because I'm very interested to see what it can do, and frankly, it's nice to have somthing to get excited about. Yes, there will be a price drop at some point, but that won't be for a few months at the very least. I also get there won't be that many gret games at first, but the PS4 won't stop me from playing other games on other systems. I'm also fully expecting some technical issues, but they can be patched, and my online play is so limited I'd not miss having online play for a few days. So yeah, it's fine that you don't want a PS4 but don't try to act like it makes you smarter than anyone else.
  • Eightboll812 - November 13, 2013 5:19 p.m.

You inserted a "than anyone else" into his sentence when reading it. He said he knows better than to buy a console at launch. He didn't say he knows better than anyone else how and when to buy a console. You might think that is splitting hairs, and it sort of is, but context is important. It's like saying, "I knew better than to taunt that angry dog...I got bit." It's not a judgment on your choice. It's a judgment on his choice. And given some of the issues launch year consoles had last gen, how is it so offensive that some people learned to wait it out a little bit?
  • udUbdaWgz - November 13, 2013 5:33 p.m.

you're not splitting hairs. he/she stated a fabrication of their own failed imagination and conjured an issue out of their butt.
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 6:01 p.m.

I do see that I misinterpreted the message, taking know better" to imply there was some lack of understanding on the part of others, which to me, came across as artogant. Again, I can see that this was down to my own reading of the post and maybe somewhat arrogant on my own part. And please understand, I was not at all taking offence at the decision to wait. I am waiting for the Xbox One to come down in price and show off some better games before I buy one, I just didn't like the suggestion (that was due to my reading) that someone could "know better" on an issue of prefference.
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 5:32 p.m.

..Did I imply that I knew better than anyone else? could please show that to me? I say that as a general phrase, and mainly because I DO know better at the very least from my own experiences, I've always have had a better time when I buy a console latter than when i buy it at launch, or close to launch. Now, if your self esteem is so low that you find insult where there is none, that's your own problem, not mine.
  • angelusdlion - December 15, 2013 8:17 p.m.

don't feed the troll.