Topics

Best co-op

• comaqi - May 16, 2012 10:40 p.m.

LEGO Star Wars!! And Borderlands of course! Also Magicka is a fantastic co-op game! It's the only way to play in my opinion!
  • jessica-pelley - May 16, 2012 10 p.m.

Gears would have to be my all time favorite co op game. Then army of two. They need to make more co op games similar to gears. :))
  • jessica-pelley - May 16, 2012 10:01 p.m.

And the left 4 dead games of course.
  • THEdude1115 - May 16, 2012 9:57 p.m.

Got this one ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Left4DeAD2 is the greatest game since Mario3 for NES
  • kachigop - May 16, 2012 9:14 p.m.

Yeah I have to say that Nazi Zombies was pretty boring without teammates, but a complete blast with a team of four guys. Also, Red Dead Redemption was pretty fun to play with a bunch of people, but I guess that was more free range multiplayer than co-op if you take away the handful of co-op 'missions'.
  • Ultima - May 16, 2012 8:49 p.m.

Lego Star Wars and Army Of Two are top for me and neither of them even feature in the list
  • ronoc009 - May 16, 2012 7:24 p.m.

I would add minecraft, playing that with friends is just amazing
  • OrionOnyx - May 16, 2012 7:09 p.m.

Champions of Norrath!! So many memories...
  • Fox_Mulder - May 16, 2012 6:59 p.m.

Gears 2? Why not Gears 3?
  • talleyXIV - May 16, 2012 6:56 p.m.

BORDERLANDS, BORDERLANDS, AND BORDERLANDS. LittleBigPlanet 2 deserves an honorable mention.
  • talleyXIV - May 16, 2012 7:03 p.m.

Pikmin 2, World at War/Black Ops zombies, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, Rayman: Origins, Gears of War, and maybe even Resident Evil 5. Good list but definitely missing a lot of great games.
  • masterjoe123 - May 16, 2012 6:38 p.m.

How could you guys forget the masterpiece that is Lego Star Wars?
  • Redeater - May 16, 2012 6:27 p.m.

Sweet Jesus the Warriors game was fantastic. I really wish they would have waited a generation though so they could have improved the graphics. Great game regardless.
  • Sgt. Beefheart - May 16, 2012 6:21 p.m.

Goof Troop on the ol' SNES. That is all.
  • meagaman45 - May 16, 2012 6:02 p.m.

what about kirbys return to dreamland even bros can be pink.
  • FVDub - May 16, 2012 5:34 p.m.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Splinter Cell Conviction had amazing co-op! Where are they? Co-op tower defense games like Dungeon Defenders and Iron Brigade/Trenched are also some of the best experiences around, why don't developers make more of these? And of course Borderlands should be on the list.
  • azureguy - May 16, 2012 5:34 p.m.

Although not an obvious candidate due to it being just offline co-op, the Tales of games (Symphonia, Vesperia, Graces etc.) allow up to 4 players to control each character while in combat. It makes sense since they have a real-time combat system. But like I said, since it's just local co-op people probably won't have the time to sit down together all the time, but I appreciate the option.
  • slimjim441 - May 16, 2012 5:31 p.m.

I was hoping to see Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, New SMB Wii, and Uncharted 3. Or at least one of them. Love L4D2 though.
  • Higgins - May 16, 2012 5:14 p.m.

Where are the Two Crude Dudes? Answer me!
  • LordZarlon - May 16, 2012 5:03 p.m.

I know this series has a bad rap now but I thought co-op Dynasty Warriors was a lot of fun!