Lego Lord of the Rings continues the tradition of little assembled people running through levels that used to be movie scenes. Like its predecessors, every one of those levels has 10 minikits for you to find. With 180 minikits in all, you might need a helping hand. That’s where we come in. Follow this guide, and you’ll track down every one of those hidden pieces.
Before We Begin…
To collect every minikit, you’ll need enough characters to perform every special action. You can accomplish this by creating Mithril objects at the blacksmith, but the quickest and easiest method is to use in-game studs to unlock two additional characters: the Uruk-hai and the Berserker. Both can be found and purchased near Isengard.
Travel to Isengard during the night to find and purchase the Uruk-hai, marked on the map above.
Travel to Isengard during the day to find and purchase the Berserker, also marked on the map above.
You’ll also need to get some sort of bow in your Treasure Trove. This allows any character to fire arrows, which is necessary for a few minikits. The easiest one to get is the Carrot Bow, found in the Taming Gollum level. We’ll detail how to get it in that section.
Finally, you’ll need to unlock Free Play for a given level by completing it in story mode. Replaying the level in Free Play allows you to play as any character you’ve unlocked, and since you’ll need a wide variety of abilities to find all the minikits, this mode is key.
With those caveats out of the way, let’s get to collecting!
Table of Contents
- Prologue [1-5] [6-10]
- The Black Rider [1-5] [6-10]
- Weathertop [1-5] [6-10]
- The Pass of Caradhras [1-5] [6-10]
- The Mines of Moria [1-5] [6-10]
- Amon Hen [1-5] [6-10]
- Taming Gollum [1-5] [6-10]
- The Dead Marshes [1-5] [6-10]
- Track Hobbits [1-5] [6-10]
- Warg Attack [1-5] [6-10]
- Helm's Deep [1-5] [6-10]
- Osgiliath [1-5] [6-10]
- The Secret Stairs [1-5] [6-10]
- Cirith Ungol [1-5] [6-10]
- The Paths of the Dead [1-5] [6-10]
- The Battle of Pelennor Fields [1-5] [6-10]
- The Black Gate [1-5] [6-10]
- Mount Doom [1-5] [6-10]
OTHER LEGO GUIDES
- LEGO Batman 2 Mini-kit Guide
- LEGO Batman 2 Trophies and Achievement Guide
- LEGO Batman 2 Red Brick Locations
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 Character Guide
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 Red Brick Collectibles Guide
- LEGO Star Wars III: Minikit Guide
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Walkthrough
- LEGO Star Wars III: Red Brick Guide