The FIFA 22 OTW (Ones To Watch) campaign began before the game had even been released. First we received summer confirmation that Real Madrid defender David Alaba would receive a specially branded FIFA 22 item – see the trailer below. That was followed in September with the unveilings of Paris St Germain trio Lionel Messi, Achraf Hakimi and Georginio Wijnaldum. But who else is getting one, and what exactly do these cards do in Ultimate Team? GR’s FIFA 22 OTW guide explains all.
FIFA 22 OTW: How does it work?
FIFA 22 OTW cards see in-game players upgraded based on real-life performances. Every Wednesday at 6pm, EA releases a Team Of The Week (TOTW) squad featuring those who stood out in their domestic league across the previous weekend. If a Ones To Watch player appears in that squad, his OTW card is upgraded to exactly match the TOTW version.
Take Messi as an example. The Argentine’s OTW card is 93-rated, like his standard gold item. His inevitable first TOTW card will therefore be rated 94, and the OTW item will dynamically upgrade in order to match it.
Man Of The Match cards (MOTM), usually released on Fridays, also see OTW items auto-upgrade in the same way.
There’s an additional wrinkle this year, too. “New in FUT 22, OTW items will also be eligible for a ‘Wins to Watch’ upgrade, a one-time +1 In-Form boost if their team wins five matches out of their next ten domestic league games,” says EA. Those ten matches ran from Friday, October 1 onwards.
FIFA 22 OTW: Who are the best players available?
As I write this (on Sunday, October 10) the five highest-rated items are profiled below – and the top three also feature in our guide to FIFA 22 best players. Scroll down to the foot of this page to view the complete FIFA 22 OTW cards list, including exclusive SBC items such as Anderson Talisca and Andre Silva.
FIFA 22 OTW Lionel Messi
Following his move to PSG, little Leo once more tops the FIFA 22 ratings list – though that’s not really surprising, given that rival Ronaldo spent last season at an unlicensed club. (Juventus, who are known in FIFA 22 as Piemonte Calcio.) His OTW item kicks off the season with a 93 rating, and as of early October it was going for a spicy 1.8 million on the in-game transfer market.
FIFA 22 OTW Cristiano Ronaldo
After dominating at Barcelona and Juventus respectively, both of the world’s most famous players moved on this summer – and therefore Ronaldo joins Messi in scoring a FIFA 22 Ones To Watch item. It’s 91 rated at the season’s outset, with individual ratings of 87 pace, 93 shooting, 82 passing and 88 dribbling. Again like Messi, expect it to be a bank-breaker throughout the season; in early October it was selling for 2.24 million.
FIFA 22 OTW Romelu Lukaku
The big Belgian signed with Chelsea in the summer, and immediately pulled Arsenal’s defence all over the shop in a dominant debut. If that form continues he’ll score a handful of TOTW cards across the season, repeatedly boosting this OTW item. In the meantime, its default ratings are 83 physicality, 84 pace and 87 shooting, for an overall score of 88.
FIFA 22 OTW Sergio Ramos
Spain's imperious centre-back was one of the major names included in FIFA 22 OTW Team 2, which landed on Friday, October 8. Ramos' initial Ones To Watch item adds 88 defending and 84 physicality to your back four, and he's one of four PSG players to receive an OTW card – along with Messi, Achraf Hakimi and Giorginio Wijnaldum. OTW Team 2 also delivered long-time FIFA favourites Hector Bellerin and Memphis Depay in upgradeable form.
FIFA 22 OTW Jadon Sancho
Following his move from Dortmund to Manchester United, England winger Sancho begins this year's game with an overall rating of 87, which breaks down as 81 pace, 82 passing, 91 dribbling and 76 shooting. His is one of four English OTW cards, along with new Manchester City signing Jack Grealish (84), Aston Villa striker Danny Ings (81), and Milan centre-back Fikayo Tomori (79)
FIFA 22 OTW: The full OTW cards list
Below is every player confirmed to have an OTW card as of Sunday, October 10 2021.
- Lionel Messi (RW, Paris SG) – 93
- Cristiano Ronaldo (ST, Manchester United) - 91
- Romelu Lukaku (ST, Chelsea) – 88
- Sergio Ramos (CB, Paris SG) – 88
- Jadon Sancho (RM, Manchester United) – 87
- Raphael Varane (CB, Manchester United) – 86
- Achraf Hakimi (RB, Paris SG) – 85
- Antoine Griezmann (ST, Atletico Madrid) – 85
- Memphis Depay (CF, Barcelona) – 85
- Giorginio Wijnaldum (CM, Paris SG) – 84 [SBC only]
- Jack Grealish (LW, Manchester City) – 84
- David Alaba (CB, Real Madrid) – 84
- Manuel Locatelli (CDM, Piemonte Calcio) – 84
- Marcel Sabitzer (CM, FC Bayern) – 84
- Andre Silva (ST, RB Leipzig) – 84 [SBC only]
- Anderson Talisca (CF, Al Nassr) – 84 [SBC only]
- Saul (CM, Chelsea) – 82
- Denzel Dumfries (RB, Inter Milan) – 82
- Dayot Upamecano (CB, FC Bayern) – 82
- Leon Bailey (RM, Aston Villa) – 82
- Rodrigo De Paul (CM, Atletico Madrid) – 82
- Stephen Berghuis (RW, Ajax) – 81
- Thomas Delaney (CDM, Sevilla) – 81
- Danny Ings (ST, Aston Villa) – 81
- Marc Cucurella (LM, Brighton) – 81
- Joaquin Correa (CF, Inter Milan) – 81
- Donyell Malen (ST, Dortmund) – 80
- Paulinho (ST, Sporting CP) – 80
- Xherdan Shaqiri (RW, OL) – 79 [SBC only]
- Fikayo Tomori (CB, AC Milan) – 79
- Ibrahima Konate (CB, Liverpool) – 78
- Camavinga (CM, Real Madrid) – 78
- Junior Firpo (LB, Leeds United) – 78
- Hector Bellerin (RB, Real Betis) – 78
- Justin Kluivert (LM, OGC Nice) – 76
- Myron Boadu (ST, AS Monaco) – 76 [SBC only]
FIFA 22 review | FIFA 22 tips | FIFA 22 best teams | FIFA 22 ratings | FIFA 22 best young players | FIFA 22 Icons | FIFA 22 Heroes | FIFA 22 OTW | FIFA 22 chemistry styles | FIFA 22 formations | FIFA 22 skill moves | FIFA 22 celebrations | FIFA 22 stadiums | FIFA 22 leagues