• n00b - June 17, 2013 11:31 a.m.

But Tekken Tag 2 is still taking plenty of my time so I wasn't even paying attention to TXSF
  • shawksta - June 17, 2013 11:20 a.m.

Great list,these games did give us question marks and #1 was too obvious but had to be said. I still personally feel that Super Mario 3DWorld is easily thrown off and undermined but people did expect something bigger, no doubt. I guess we'll just have to wait. Technically Galaxy's successor was Galaxy 2 but still.
  • slimjim441 - June 17, 2013 11:18 a.m.

I have my speculations that The Last Guardian is still on its way. All mentioned Nintendo titles are obviously coming; they don't tease shit like Mario and Zelda and have it disappear never to be heard from again. That's right, I'm looking at you, Gabe. YOU PROMISED US FREEMAN!! YOU PROMISED US PORTALS AND GRAVITY GUNS!!! YOU PROMISED SO MUCH, AND NOW WHERE IS IT?!?! WHERE IS IIIIITTT!!!! WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOR?!?!?!?! Can't wait for new Zelda though. Hope to hear about another Metroid game soon, too.
  • shawksta - June 17, 2013 11:46 a.m.

Retro said despite focusing on DKC, they are still thinking how to expand the Metroid Universe so the interest is still there. They just don't want their talents in DKCR to go to waste and are improving it even better before they have to go back.
  • slimjim441 - June 17, 2013 2:25 p.m.

Did they comment to any press recently? I'm fine with them working on DKCR; the first one was one of the best/hardest 2D platformers I've played in a long damn time, and I'm sure the new one won't disappoint. Although I thought I remembered hearing that Retro had said as much as they enjoyed working on the Metroid Prime saga, they were ready to move on from the series (and apparently onto the DKC series). They could come back to it after they perhaps run through a trilogy of DKCR, but they made it sound like they weren't planning on returning to Metroid. Either way, I'm sure everything they touch will turn to gold.
  • shawksta - June 17, 2013 5:03 p.m.

What i said was what they commented on, they are still interested in the series. Interest doesnt really mean anything, like how Miyamoto said he would rather have a new Metroid than a remake of Prime, its just talk. Retro definitley wants to keep doing different things, one of which is probably an entirely different take Metroid as they questioned how to expand it, one of which was giving other Hunters besides samus some coverage but so far its only thoughts.
  • slimjim441 - June 17, 2013 5:06 p.m.

That would be pretty sweet. It would be like Hunters but one that doesn't fall miles short of being decent. But again, I'm fine with whatever Retro Studios takes on. They can't fail.
  • shawksta - June 17, 2013 7:46 p.m.

I agree, and if anything, they end up fixing it. DKCR, if anything had the flaw of Bosses, not that they were bad mind you, but they didn't have as much effort put into them as the rest of the game save for certain things. Tropical Freeze However blows that out the window, look up gameplay footage of a boss in YouTube, it's amazing.
  • dgolightly519 - June 19, 2013 7:28 a.m.

Speaking of shooters, Miyamoto was supposedly working on his very first fpa (according to E3 in 2010 I think it was). Either of you know what ever happened with that or if it was maybe just said in passing?
  • shawksta - June 19, 2013 8:58 a.m.

I think he just said it in passing, like in an idea wise of what he would do to an FPA.
  • Rub3z - June 18, 2013 4:24 a.m.

I need Half-Life 3 in my life. I would live half of my projected life in exchange for playing Half-Life 3 in that truncated lifespan. Then again, if I cut my life expectancy in half there's a chance I won't get to play it before I die, even though I'm only 20... :P Also, F-Zero.
  • slimjim441 - June 18, 2013 9:18 a.m.

My point exactly.
  • Sy87 - June 17, 2013 11:08 a.m.

Damn guess I missed Doom 4 long time ago. I was wondering about that. I could go for a really good demon ridden gore feast. Well I guess I will just have to wait and hope. I feel sorry for the others that hope for word of their games. Just sucks but that's life and business I guess.