• gryzor - December 13, 2012 7:14 p.m.

Liberation Maiden for me. A great game on a shitty handheld. Wish they made that for DSLite.
  • Chaoscoolperson - December 12, 2012 12:39 p.m.

Gravity Rush is the reason i got the Vita, or even payed attention to it. Now that I have it I CANT. STOP. PLAYING. It alone is justifying the console for now until new releases.
  • C.King - December 14, 2012 9:29 p.m.

i been wondering about that that games uses a gyro doesn't it? did it need to be a exclusive?
  • Nocturne989 - December 10, 2012 4:50 p.m.

No Persona 4 Golden is understandable cause remakes aren't eligible, but no Dream Drop Distance?
  • jackthemenace - December 10, 2012 10:59 a.m.

aww man, the only two handheld games I've properly played and enjoyed this year have been White 2 and Dream Drop Distance, and neither of them are up there. Such a pity, both were deserving of the top spot.
  • JarkayColt - December 10, 2012 9:13 a.m.

Still no Pokémon I see. Surely I can't be the only one who's handhelds invariably end up becoming "that thing that plays Pokémon"? Although, these are some great and diverse choices. I still maintain that Kid Icarus is worth the entire price of the system, so if it doesn't win the action category I think it deserves at least the handheld one. That is seriously, SERIOUSLY one amazing game, and you can really see the effort that went into bringing Pit back to modernity.
  • 2weekrental - December 12, 2012 1:05 a.m.

Although my 3ds is definitely "that thing that plays pokemon", I can't say White 2/Black 2 does anything for a goty award (but then again there haven't be a whole lot of must-buy handheld games as of late). BW2 did a great deal for my own personal pokemon experience though... I love the games.
  • JarkayColt - December 12, 2012 4:59 a.m.

Fair point, but let's face it, you could probably say the same thing about Professor Layton or LittleBigPlanet for example. Neither is especially different from what you'd expect. The simple fact remains that they're good games, which B2W2 also are. I don't think the fact they're vanilla DS games should be of any detriment to their credit, which I kind of inferred might actually be the case here. Not to say I think Pokémon should necessarily win (Kid Icarus is still my personal pick) but they still need to be acknowledged, just for the sheer quantity AND quality of content packed in that single (DS!) cartridge.
  • sweetchiliheat - December 10, 2012 8:24 a.m.

My personal pick is of course Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm, but out of the ones listed, I'd go with Gravity Rush!
  • ultimatepunchrod - December 10, 2012 8:23 a.m.

Good to see all the Vita love!
  • sirdilznik - December 10, 2012 9 a.m.

It's a good device. Sadly, it's not getting much of that love in the sales department.
  • wadesmit - December 10, 2012 9:15 a.m.

Not by the last count, but with more games coming out (All-Stars being quite a mover, it seems), and PS+ support giving a bunch of free games to subscribers, it will likely start selling a lot more. It's becoming a much more appealing device recently, and I hope Sony keeps that up.
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 10, 2012 8:19 a.m.

I've got to go with Paper Mario Sticker Star or Persona 4 Golden. Love the new site lay out!
  • sirdilznik - December 10, 2012 7:36 a.m.

I find the lack of love for Resident Evil: Revelations disturbing. For me it's not only the best 3DS game of the year, or the best handheld game of the year, but THE game of the year, and the best Resi game ever made. To each their own I guess. :/
  • salvodaze - December 10, 2012 4:44 a.m.

What a great and unbiased collection of nominees - so hard to see lately. This is the first time I'm agreeing so much with a best of list.
  • BladedFalcon - December 9, 2012 9:22 p.m.

Kid Icarus Uprising, easy.