• Sentient - March 7, 2014 2:22 a.m.

Ok, Battlefield 4 does not deserve a spot on this list...
  • Shigeruken - March 7, 2014 6:21 a.m.

Agreed, if anything it should be Bad Company 2.
  • alecbeals - March 8, 2014 12:25 p.m.

I agree, only battlefield campaign I've played since 1942 to completion, and it really set the bar for sound design (or at least, when I got it it was by far the best I FPS sound design I had heard at the time)
  • matt-bailey-kelly - March 7, 2014 6:07 a.m.

and why is there a aweful lot of cross pc/console games on here if this is a list of the best PC games shouldn't it just be pc exclusives now saying that i understand that certain versions are better on pc than consoles lik skyrim for stuff like mods but is batman:ac any better or assassins creed i mean apart from the graphical quality maybe but i dunno i may be wrong most likely
  • rickjamesia - March 8, 2014 12:25 a.m.

I respectfully disagree. I don't own a modern console and, as such, I don't really pay attention to which games I have access to could be played on a console. What I want from an article with a title like this is a list of great games that I may be missing out on and could start playing on my PC right now. A good game is a good game, whether it's only on one platform should be completely irrelevant here. That said, I don't know that this list is really representative of the BEST games of the last decade, but the ones I've played in this list are good enough that my interest in the others has been piqued.
  • JMarsella09 - March 7, 2014 9:44 a.m.

Man... This really hammers home the fact that there hasn't been a good Myst game in more than a decade...
  • hedonist27 - March 8, 2014 7:57 p.m.

Too late to contribute to the Kickstarter, but here is what the Myst team is up to: http://obductiongame.com/
  • JMarsella09 - March 8, 2014 10:37 p.m.

Oh I gave them all the money I could as soon as I heard about that. I have no doubt that it will be amazing, but it'll never be Myst.
  • Kenshiro3 - March 8, 2014 11:14 a.m.

Posts list about "best PC games of the last decade"... lists mostly cross platform titles.
  • alecbeals - March 8, 2014 12:23 p.m.

How does that matter? You might also notice a lot of these games are from huge companies with very large budgets which would necessitate as large a possible audience as possible. It wasn't "Best PC Explicit Games of the past Decade"
  • Kenshiro3 - March 9, 2014 4:23 p.m.

Because if I wanted the best Multiplatform titles I would have looked up a multiplatform list. When a list is platform specific (No matter what it is) the only titles i am interested in are titles exclusive to that platform.
  • alecbeals - March 16, 2014 1:35 p.m.

Why does it being multiplatform exclude it from being a great PC Game? Starcraft came out on a console, would you not consider that a PC game? Or Skyrim, which is generally by and large considered to be the best on the PC even by devout console fanboys. There's no reason it should be excluded if the definitive version of that game is still on the PC, if anything it strengthens the PC's claim as a gaming platform. No water is carried when you have a list full of games that are on no other platform, there's no method of comparison then.
  • TheGreyWizard - March 10, 2014 11:40 a.m.

See, this is why the consoles kick pc's ass for at least 15 years.
  • alllifeinfate - March 10, 2014 8:02 p.m.

I need to agree with Kenshiro3 there, but I believe this list based on the best franchise on PC that is commercially successful as well as critically... and that unfortunately leaves a lot of PC specifics out of the contention.
  • LPMalakye - May 23, 2014 4:09 a.m.

While I do agree these games are great I must say I am EXTREMELY surprised that Dragon Age Origins isn't on this list.
  • LPMalakye - May 23, 2014 4:20 a.m.

Wait! nvm lol somehow my browser skipped that page! >_< GREAT LIST