Zack Snyder on using Joss Whedon's Justice League footage: "I would destroy the movie, I would set it on fire"
Don't expect any of Joss Whedon's footage to feature in the new Justice League cut
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Every Friday
GamesRadar+
Your weekly update on everything you could ever want to know about the games you already love, games we know you're going to love in the near future, and tales from the communities that surround them.
Every Thursday
GTA 6 O'clock
Our special GTA 6 newsletter, with breaking news, insider info, and rumor analysis from the award-winning GTA 6 O'clock experts.
Every Friday
Knowledge
From the creators of Edge: A weekly videogame industry newsletter with analysis from expert writers, guidance from professionals, and insight into what's on the horizon.
Every Thursday
The Setup
Hardware nerds unite, sign up to our free tech newsletter for a weekly digest of the hottest new tech, the latest gadgets on the test bench, and much more.
Every Wednesday
Switch 2 Spotlight
Sign up to our new Switch 2 newsletter, where we bring you the latest talking points on Nintendo's new console each week, bring you up to date on the news, and recommend what games to play.
Every Saturday
The Watchlist
Subscribe for a weekly digest of the movie and TV news that matters, direct to your inbox. From first-look trailers, interviews, reviews and explainers, we've got you covered.
Once a month
SFX
Get sneak previews, exclusive competitions and details of special events each month!
Zack Snyder has some strong words for those who think he'll use any of Joss Whedon's footage in the upcoming Snyder Cut of Justice League. "I would destroy the movie," he said during the fan-organized Justice-Con panel. "I would set it on fire before I use a single frame that I did not photograph."
It's clear that this version of Justice League will be every bit a Snyder movie, and he'll go to great lengths to keep it that way. "I would literally blow that fucking thing up," he continued.
The director has built a reputation for his lengthy runtimes – Batman v Superman and Watchmen director's cuts both last over three hours – and he revealed that Justice League will likely be his biggest yet – sitting at around the four-hour mark.
During the same panel, Snyder also debuted footage of Henry Cavill's Superman in a black suit, the director revealing that the studio initially didn't want the character in the dark colours. "[The studio] was just not into it. I knew it was the correct evolution for him after he rose from the dead. But the perception of the black suit was just, 'You're trying to make the movie dark and not hilarious,'" he said. Read more of what Snyder had to say here.
Coming off the back of a massive swell of fan support, the Snyder Cut will be making it's way to HBO Max in 2021, though anything more remains under a shroud of secrecy. Snyder also confirmed that we'll learn more – including a runtime – at DC’s upcoming FanDome event. August's showcase will feature looks at the Snyder Cut as well as a presence from Wonder Woman 1984 and even The Batman.
In the meantime, check out the latest updates from Comic-Con 2020 right here, and here is everything we know so far about the Justice League Snyder Cut.
Bringing all the latest movie news, features, and reviews to your inbox
Millicent Thomas was once a freelance games and film journalist, writing for publications including GamesRadar, Total Film, Space.com, GamesIndustry.biz, Wireframe, Little White Lies, Culturess, SciFiNow, and more. She is now in international PR and marketing for Ubisoft.



