The Mafia 3 Collector's Edition will come with the the game, the season pass, and the usual art stuff, but it will also have a treat for vinyl aficionados: two LPs, one featuring the game's original soundtrack and one with a sampling of licensed '60s tunes from Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, and more. Here's the tracklist for the latter.
- "Black Ghost Blues" by Lightin' Hopkins
- "Paint It, Black" by The Rolling Stones
- "Tramp" by Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
- "I Got My Mojo Working" by The Shadows of Knight
- "Walking The Dog" by Rufus Thomas
- "All Along The Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix
- "Chain Gang" by Sam Cooke
- "I Let A Good Thing Go By" by Dewey Edwards
- "Go Go Shoes" by Lonnie Youngblood
- "Slip Away" by Clarence Carter
- "The House Of The Rising Sun" by The Animals
2K says this is just "a small sampling of the 100-plus song in-game soundtrack". I've loved a good period-appropriate licensed music selection ever since Battlefield Vietnam so I'm excited to hear the full thing - whether the bird is still the word all these years later remains to be seen.
The $149.99 Collector's Edition will also include two art prints, one from Playboy (yes, Mafia 3 will have collectible Playboy magazines just like Mafia 2) and one of the Alberto Vargas Estate; a 56-page art book; replica dog tags for protagonist Lincoln Clay; and faux leather coasters emblazoned with logos for in-game night spots. It doesn't look like it will come out in the UK at the moment, but that could change between now and Mafia 3's October 7 release date.
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!