FIFA 20 Icon Swaps were one of the best new features of this year's game – which is why we're sad to report that the campaign is over. Across the FIFA 20 season, three different sets of Icon Swaps were available, enabling you to complete in-game objectives to earn tokens which could ultimately be traded for FIFA 20 icons. Below you'll find out how it all worked for the third and final round of swaps, which should return for FIFA 21 given their popularity. This is – was! – your FIFA 20 Icon Swaps guide.
What are FIFA 20 Icon Swaps?
FIFA 20 Icon Swaps landed in the game on Friday 11 October 2019. FIFA 20 Icon Swaps 1 included 24 legendary options, such as Peter Schmeichel for six tokens, or Didier Drogba in return for a far more extortionate 23 tokens.
Icons Swaps 2 landed on Friday 26 December 2019. It featured 21 famous retirees, like World Cup winning England captain Bobby Moore (five tokens) and brilliant Brazillian Ronaldinho (21 tokens).
Icon Swaps 3 was the last set offered in FIFA 20. You can see all the available legendary players in the list below - there were 20 in total. Carlos Alberto (RB, 94), Zinedine Zidane (CM, 91) and Garrincha (RW, 94) are the three costliest, all setting you back at least 21 tokens. At the other end of the scale is Jari Litmanen (CAM, 91), at a more modest six tokens.
Alternatively you could play legend roulette, and trade in nine player tokens for a Prime Icon pick - which might get you Zidane, but was far more likely to award you Litmanen or David Trezeguet (ST, 92). I got Sol Campbell, as demonstrated in the opening screenshot to this piece.
What were typical FIFA 20 Icon Swaps objectives?
Examples of the objectives required to earn Icon Swap tokens are listed below. This covered the first half of the Icon Swaps 3 campaign. Single Player tokens were reasonably easy to come by, so most players amassed at least four tokens from this first batch. Remember, you needed nine from both batches to earn a Prime Icon pack.
Icon Swaps Online
- Premier League: Win 4 Rivals matches using 9 First Owned Premier League players in your starting squad (Abdellaoui)
- Ligue 1: Win 4 Rivals matches using 9 First Owned Ligue 1 players in your starting squad
- Serie A: Win 4 Rivals matches using 9 First Owned Serie A players in your starting squad
- Bundesliga: Win 4 Rivals matches using 9 First Owned Bundesliga players in your starting squad
- La Liga: Win 4 Rivals matches using 9 First Owned La Liga players in your starting squad
Icon Swaps Online II
- The Champions: Win 5 Rivals matches using 11 UCL themed players in your starting squad
- One Club Wonders: Win 5 Rivals matches using 11 First Owned players in your starting squad
- FUT Champions: Win 12 games in FUT Champions
Icon Swaps Single Player
- Samba Squad: Win 6 Squad Battles on min Legendary difficulty using 11 Brazilian players in your starting squad
- Samurai Blue: Win 5 Squad Battles on min World Class difficulty using 11 Japanese players in your starting squad
- CONMEBOL: Win 5 Squad Battles on min World Class difficulty using 11 CONMEBOL players in your starting squad
- Liga NOS: Win 5 Squad Battles on min World Class difficulty using 11 Liga NOS players in your starting squad
Which icons were in the FIFA 20 Icon Swaps 3 release?
The image above shows all the icons who were available in the FIFA 20 icon Swaps 3 collection, while the table below lists the amount of player tokens you needed to exchange for each. If you earned all 23 and traded them in for Zizou, maximum kudos – that took some serious commitment. At the time of writing (mid-June) his transfer market value is more than 1 million, so you saved yourself some serious coins.
|Juan Roman Riquelme||Moments||18|
FIFA 20 review | FIFA 20 tips | FIFA 20 Volta tips | FIFA 20 Career Mode | FIFA 20 Pro Clubs tips | FIFA 20 patch notes | FIFA 20 ratings | FIFA 20 formations | FIFA 20 best teams | FIFA 20 icons | FIFA 20 Ones To Watch | FIFA 20 TOTW | FIFA 20 squad battles | FIFA 20 stadiums | FIFA 20 kits | FIFA 20 chemistry styles | FIFA 20 coins | FIFA 20 celebrations | FIFA 20 wonderkids | FIFA 20 loyalty glitch | FIFA 20 SBC solutions | FIFA 20 UCL cards | FIFA 20 web app tips | FIFA 20 vs PES 2020 comparison | FIFA 20 mods