Assassin's Creed Mirage sees you explore 9th Century Baghdad as young Basim as he learns the assassination skills of the Hidden Ones to take on the enigmatic Order of the Ancients. It's a huge change from the last entry in the entry in the series, with Ubisoft taking a back-to-basics approach that sends Assassin's Creed back its roots – plenty of stealth, acrobatic assassinations, and parkour in a big city environment.
Fans of the earliest adventures of Altaïr and Ezio will feel more at home in AC Mirage as it's a turn away from the expansive scope of the open worlds seen in Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. That's one of the reasons Mirage became one of our most anticipated upcoming Assassin's Creed games. However, with a lot to get to grips with and still plenty of collectible items to collect, you might need some help as you play Assassin's Creed Mirage. That's why we've compiled all our tips and tricks into one Assassin's Creed Mirage guide.
Assassin's Creed Mirage review
In our Assassin's Creed Mirage review, we scored the game a 4/5 and praised Ubisoft for delivering on its pledge to deliver an installment which honored the series' roots. We found Mirage to be a compact, stealth-focused adventure that punishes anyone trying to go in loud, and it does so in a world that's always a delight to explore.
Read the full Assassin's Creed Mirage review.
On the Radar: Assassin's Creed Mirage
On the Radar: Assassin's Creed Mirage
If you want to learn more about the work that went into making Assassin's Creed Mirage a reality, you'll want to read through all of our exclusive access to the new stealth-action game. We visited Ubisoft Bordeaux to discover more about the world, characters, gameplay, story, and the studio who brought it all to life.
How long is Assassin's Creed Mirage?
Offering a much more compact experience compared to the previous RPG-like titles, the Assassin's Creed Mirage length is much shorter than those games. Most players should be able to get through the whole story in around 20 hours, but your completion time will vary depending on how much time you spend exploring Baghdad.
Assassin's Creed Mirage tips
With a lot of old mechanics brought back and made new and other mechanics stripped out, there's a fair bit to get used to when starting the game, so these 10 Assassin's Creed Mirage tips will help you learn the ropes of the Hidden Ones.
Assassin's Creed Mirage outfits
Basim can be dressed up in a plethora of Assassin's Creed Mirage outfits and costumes, with outfits providing unique perks to buff Basim's abilities too. We've laid out the full list of outfits and costumes in the linked guide, including any special Ubisoft Connect and microtransaction ones.
Be sure to also keep an eye out for Mysterious Shards (more on those below) in Baghdad to help you find the Assassin's Creed Mirage secret armor and weapons. These offer some really unique perks that are well worth picking up as early as possible.
Best Assassin's Creed Mirage Skills
As well as some improvements from his outfits, Basim also gets 23 Skills across three trees to unlock, providing lots of nice enhancements to his assassination abilities. However, with so much choice, it can be hard to know which Skills are good and worth unlocking or working towards, so our Assassin's Creed Mirage best Skills guide will help you know where to focus.
Assassin's Creed Mirage collectibles
It wouldn't be an Assassin's Creed game without lots of collectibles and AC Mirage is no different with several different types available:
- Assassin's Creed Mirage Mysterious Shards will help you get the previously mentioned secret armor and weapons. There are only 10 of them and they're not too hard to get either.
- The Assassin's Creed Mirage Bazaar Gear Chest is one of many Gear Chests that you need to unlock to get more outfits, weapons and upgrade schematics. It's particularly well hidden in the Karhk Bazaar building.
- The Assassin's Creed Mirage Left Behind Enigma in Harbiyah might be one of the first you come across in the game, but its terrible drawing is quite hard to decipher. However, our guide will help you track down the loot quickly.
Assassin's Creed Mirage story and missions
With lots of little cases and investigations to work through, Assassin's Creed Mirage has a short but varied story that involves going all over Baghdad, utilizing different mechanics in the game to get the information you need and assassinate those key targets:
- Assassin's Creed Mirage Merchant Tokens are important for certain missions, while exploring the world, and for getting discounts at Trader shops.
- Knowing how to eavesdrop in Assassin's Creed Mirage will help you get through a few missions that require it to learn key information. It's explained quite briefly so you might blink and miss what you need to do.
- Finding the Assassin's Creed Mirage Excavation Site from a clue is a key part of the Abbasiyah Bureau's main investigation.
- For the game's final mission, you'll need to solve the Assassin's Creed Mirage book puzzle.
Assassin's Creed Mirage ending explained
The ending to Assassin's Creed Mirage is quite confusing and leaves a lot of unanswered questions, especially if you've not played Assassin's Creed Valhalla. If you've seen the end of the game, or don’t mind having things spoiled if you're desperate for answers about Basim, read through our Assassin's Creed Mirage ending guide.
© GamesRadar+. Not to be reproduced without permission.
Our Assassin's Creed Mirage guide was updated on October 12 for the game's full launch, adding in links to guides articles to help players.