We Recommend

• MetroidPrimeRib - June 15, 2012 2:52 p.m.

Why would you EVER buy a game from XBL Games on Demand? Enjoy losing them once 360 support goes down.
  • michaelparkhurst - June 15, 2012 6:10 p.m.

Then you don't know how it works, I would know more about how something works before making dumb comments. The games will still work on your Xbox if Live goes down, you just go to your dash board and select it even if you are not connected...
  • MetroidPrimeRib - June 15, 2012 6:39 p.m.

Ever tried to play any of your games without being connected to Live? Try it, most of them don't work - even if they are single player. What I'm saying is when Live loses support you'll probably lose them.
  • bboyd - June 15, 2012 7:23 p.m.

Except they always work on the xbox it was downloaded on. OR the profile that downloaded it as long as you're connected to Live. And if you can't connect, you can go on the internet and transfer the licenses from console to console. Nice try, there buddy.
  • michaelparkhurst - June 15, 2012 7:31 p.m.

exactly,... bboyd is right. I can play my games all the time offline. Like I said MetroidPrimeRib, I would know how things work before making misleading comments
  • MetroidPrimeRib - June 15, 2012 7:59 p.m.

I do know how things work. When all support drops from 360 you will be fucked like when they dropped support from Xbox - except Xbox didn't have terrible DRM. Your licenses will be what fucks you over - when you buy a game you buy the license, not the actual game. And going by the amazing track record for backwards compatibility your 720 won't play 360 games.
  • michaelparkhurst - June 15, 2012 10:21 p.m.

haha... there is no need for that kinda language. If I go down then I go down, but ether way I'm paying for what I want to play and I am playing what I want to play. Just cause a new system comes out doesn't mean I'm going to just stop playin my Xbox 360. This is all your opinion and everyone is aloud to voice their opinions, but hey I'm not the one going on another system webpage and getting all worked up over nothing that will have any direct affect to me... I play games on my Xbox 360 and watch Bluerays on my PS3, thats just the way I do things
  • bboyd - June 16, 2012 10:49 a.m.

In that case, it's silly to make this a blatant attack on Microsoft, because the same can be said for anyone else. What happens when PSN loses support, or steam? Thus is the age we live in. You either give faith to the companies you buy from or you don't. The fact of the matter is, your games WILL work without a live connection, and if you get a new xbox, you just transfer the licenses. And whining about the licenses themselves is not exclusive to the Xbox brand.
  • avantguardian - June 15, 2012 9:16 p.m.

my favorite part is where you guys explain to him clearly (to anyone) that he doesn't know how it works, and then he starts his next post with "i do know how things work." just fucking brilliant. that, my friends, is called pissing in the wind.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - June 16, 2012 3:02 p.m.

he probably knows how pissing in the wind works
  • PanicJester - June 15, 2012 7:55 p.m.

You must be thinking of the xbox indie games which all require internet to play.
  • GHOST3o0o - June 16, 2012 4:16 a.m.

MetroidPrimeRib You're full of shit I play offline all the time and all my games play perfectly fine!
  • TartanSpartan01 - June 16, 2012 7:14 a.m.

thats cause your an idiot and dont understand what any1 here is talking about. Thanks for clearing that up,cause we all thought u couldnt play games offline,phew (sarcasm).
  • TartanSpartan01 - June 16, 2012 7:08 a.m.

i see you posting here all the time, and while im sorry to say ur picture annoys the crap out of me, i agree completely with you. im an xbox360 owner although that shouldnt come into it anyway, but i can say SOME titles at least require u to b online to even access,and if that remains the case until they shut down the 360 servers, then you would not b able to play them any longer. For all the trolls remember i said "IF" thats the case. and just because metroid gave his opinion, doesnt make him a troll,replying to him saying crap like "get your facts straight" is trolling or initiating it anyway. best part is, his facts are straight. infact ive never seen a 'bent' fact. any troll like to explain that since ur all so smart?
  • MightyMorphinPoltergeist - June 16, 2012 11:23 a.m.

That giant bomb article you linked said offline would still work. Can you provide a list of Xbox 360 games on demand or xbla games that require you to be online for authentication?
  • Gazanator101 - June 15, 2012 1:59 p.m.

Does this apply only to US residents. Wouldn't mind this kind of sale here in the UK, would pick up Kameo, Rockstar Tennis, Blazing Angels most probably.
  • jackthemenace - June 15, 2012 3:12 p.m.

Bugger, I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully, it extends to the UK too, because I'd quite like to be able to play Prince of Persia. Then again, I can probably buy it cheaper here in a second-hand game shop anyway.
  • Kipper - June 15, 2012 4:46 p.m.

PoP 2008 was one of my first games and biggest disappointments. Gorgeous art design, platforming is fine, but the combact is utterly infuriating and frustrating. I eventually gave up on it about half way through.
  • Turtman - June 15, 2012 1:51 p.m.

Trying to copy PlayStation Plus with ACTUAL sales, and failing miserably.
  • samsneeze - June 15, 2012 2:48 p.m.

Except, Xbox has always had sales for various things. If you don't like Microsoft or whatever fine, but don't go about being mad at it for no reason.
  • Turtman - June 15, 2012 5 p.m.

You gotta pay for sales on XBL, PSPlus gives you free games. No mad, cuz I dont has xbawks. U mad bro?
  • michaelparkhurst - June 15, 2012 6:16 p.m.

Isn't Playstation network free? then technically you are paying for those free games when you are part of PSplus and Xbox is always having sales on their games. I'll be happily adding to my Xbox collection next week.
  • samsneeze - June 16, 2012 2:27 p.m.

Actually, Silver members on Xbox Live have access to the same sales and they also get party chat which is pretty neat. They can't use the Xbox as a second media source (Netflix, Youtube, etc.) and they can't play games online. That's about it.
  • kenjionigod - June 17, 2012 2:08 p.m.

Actually... That's not true. Party chat, like online gaming and most other features are Gold only. Also, they don't always get the same deals. Most of the time in fact, they don't get the deals at all. They also don't get dlc and demos when they come out, they have to wait. All of those things, outside of party chat you can do on he PS3 for free. The point he was trying to make is with PSN unlike XBL, you nice things. Themes, games, DLC for free. You have to pay nothing extra. For a lot of the "deals" you get on XBL, none of which include free games mind you, you have to pay for your Gold subscription. And before everyone cries out "Fanboy" I own a 360. And I do pay for Gold, doesn't mean I'm completely blind to things however.
  • samsneeze - June 17, 2012 4:12 p.m.

Demos, yeah you have to wait like a week or so, but DLC is able to be purchased at the same time as Gold Members. My mistake, voice chat is available, not party chat. And most sales on XBL are available to everyone and only a few are exclusive to Gold members. It works the same way Playstation Plus does. And like someone already said, you don't get games free with Plus since you're paying for the plus service which in turn pays for the games. I think the biggest plus though is that with Gold I don't have to worry about really shoddy online due to crappy servers like I did with the brick in my closet.
  • avantguardian - June 15, 2012 9:08 p.m.

yes, because playstation plus isn't totally a copy of xbox live. just like playstation move isn't a copy of the wii. and the sony smash bros rip-off totally isn't a smash bros rip-off. more importantly, as samsneeze said, this isn't really anything new. shit man, i can smell your greasy sony fanboyism over the internet.