Topics

Best of GR

We Recommend

• Cyberninja - November 13, 2013 3:44 p.m.

Fun the top 2 games for a system are still available for Current gen and 3 of the 4 exclusive games are in the bottom half of the list, why is anyone in a rush to join the "Next Gen" bandwagon if none of it is any good yet?
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 4:04 p.m.

Same reason certain people rushed to join the "not quite next gen" bandwagon Nintendo offered them last year, except with even less worthwhile games, both third party and otherwise! :P Trolling aside, it's the way this always works, and I mean, while people like you and me might know better than to buy a console at launch, those that do kinda do us a favor, by filling in the ranks, showing the companies that there IS a demand for it, and serving as an incentive to make more games for it as a result.
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 5 p.m.

What makes you think you "know better" than anyone else? You might not choose to be an early adaptor for a new console, and thats fine,.that's your choice driven by your situation, but are you really arrogant enough to suggest you think you know better than every single person in every situation when it comes to buying a console. I choose to pick up the PS4 when it's out (29th for me in the UK) because I'm very interested to see what it can do, and frankly, it's nice to have somthing to get excited about. Yes, there will be a price drop at some point, but that won't be for a few months at the very least. I also get there won't be that many gret games at first, but the PS4 won't stop me from playing other games on other systems. I'm also fully expecting some technical issues, but they can be patched, and my online play is so limited I'd not miss having online play for a few days. So yeah, it's fine that you don't want a PS4 but don't try to act like it makes you smarter than anyone else.
  • Eightboll812 - November 13, 2013 5:19 p.m.

You inserted a "than anyone else" into his sentence when reading it. He said he knows better than to buy a console at launch. He didn't say he knows better than anyone else how and when to buy a console. You might think that is splitting hairs, and it sort of is, but context is important. It's like saying, "I knew better than to taunt that angry dog...I got bit." It's not a judgment on your choice. It's a judgment on his choice. And given some of the issues launch year consoles had last gen, how is it so offensive that some people learned to wait it out a little bit?
  • udUbdaWgz - November 13, 2013 5:33 p.m.

you're not splitting hairs. he/she stated a fabrication of their own failed imagination and conjured an issue out of their butt.
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 6:01 p.m.

I do see that I misinterpreted the message, taking know better" to imply there was some lack of understanding on the part of others, which to me, came across as artogant. Again, I can see that this was down to my own reading of the post and maybe somewhat arrogant on my own part. And please understand, I was not at all taking offence at the decision to wait. I am waiting for the Xbox One to come down in price and show off some better games before I buy one, I just didn't like the suggestion (that was due to my reading) that someone could "know better" on an issue of prefference.
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 5:32 p.m.

..Did I imply that I knew better than anyone else? could please show that to me? I say that as a general phrase, and mainly because I DO know better at the very least from my own experiences, I've always have had a better time when I buy a console latter than when i buy it at launch, or close to launch. Now, if your self esteem is so low that you find insult where there is none, that's your own problem, not mine.
  • angelusdlion - December 15, 2013 8:17 p.m.

don't feed the troll.
  • Manguy17 - November 13, 2013 5:23 p.m.

I know buying on launch is a bad idea, but tbh I'm just excited that this is the first big tech release where I have actually had the money to buy on launch. Hopefully I wont regret it..too much.
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 5:38 p.m.

That's fine! Again, I am not really attacking those that are buying it at launch, if you have the money, and you're that excited for the console, go right ahead! ^^ I was talking about my own experiences, and why to me it isn't worth it anymore. But I also KNOW there's a definite charm to get a console early, and excitement that otherwise isn't there later own. but I'm a grumpy fuckface, so I care not for those joys of life anymore :P
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 5:53 p.m.

Ah, well it appears that I may have misinterpreted what you said. I read "know better" to imply that you felt you had better information or quite litteraly "were better at knowing" in this context, which I felt was an arrogant viewpoint, rather than taking any actual offence. Obviously, this has been cleared up, I can see what it was you were actually saying and that is fair enough.
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 6:12 p.m.

Okay then! I'm happy that has been cleared up ^^ I mean, i know i can be a bit of an ass, but I seriously didn't mean offense this time. Sorry i got annoyed at this, but also thanks for replying and that we've been able to solve this issue :D Also, on that same line, even if I'm skipping on it for now, i genuinely do hope you enjoy your brand new PS4 soon! ^^ Even if I'm waiting to get it, I'm still very much interested on it, and I hope it fully delivers on it's promise.
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 6:32 p.m.

And I am glad we have been able to discuss the issue and resolve it, which is far better than arguing over a very minor issue. Hopefully the PS4 will live up to my expectations, and if you do end up getting one, I hope you enjoy it!
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 7:02 p.m.

Indeed, and thanks! that's the idea ^^
  • Child Of Death - November 13, 2013 9:08 p.m.

Holy crap did an argument on the internet resolve itself peacefully?! Wow!
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 9:08 p.m.

Happens more often than you'd think if you look closely enough ;)
  • walter-thetechguy-gates-jr - November 18, 2013 12:12 p.m.

LOL yeah i know this may seem rare
  • garnsr - December 9, 2013 7:24 p.m.

I agree with the initial point, if no one buys consoles early, no one makes games for the consoles, so the consoles cease to exist quickly. Waiting to buy everything leads to all the companies who make the things we love ceasing to exist, if they belong to Activision, or being blamed for all the problems of the whole company, if they belong to Square Enix. The current environment in the game industry isn't very hospitable to wait-and-see customers.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 13, 2013 6:06 a.m.

Well by the looks of it I chose the right 3 games to buy from Target's B2G1 (KZ, AC, and BF). My estimation is that Knack will be $30 sometime in the first couple of months of next year. So if I get it at all, it will be then.
  • Hig1134 - August 5, 2013 7:38 a.m.

I'd say I'm most excited for Infamous: SS, but Killzone has me stoked for PS4's launch. I'll be grabbing that, and Knack(it'll make a nice palette cleanser), for the PS4 at launch. I have high hopes for The Order, but little is known about it at this point. I'll reserve my judgement, but I've no doubt it will be good.
  • imgifted93 - August 3, 2013 8:51 a.m.

The Witcher 3 looks absolutely amazing, and I was a huge fan of previous entries in the series. I'm betting it'll be the game to blow me away the most.