Topics

Best of GR

• Timstertimster - November 15, 2013 9:39 a.m.

These days, reading gamesradar is like reading corporate marketing brochures. Everything is awesome, the critiques a token blemish on the overall message which is: oooohhh isn't this all so very exciting! Ugh.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - November 15, 2013 10:05 a.m.

Or, you know, you could read their reviews. Just throwing that out there.
  • BladedFalcon - November 15, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Right next to this article (Literally to the right.) is an article criticizing Sony and their attitude regarding Knack and their very low scores. Do you need glasses, son?
  • michelkeepertje - February 4, 2014 6:50 a.m.

If you know how to properly write game related articles, you should make your own website. With blackjack and hookers! I look forward to reading your insightful articles on your thousands-of-visitors-a-day website
  • ~LanceR. - November 13, 2013 8:14 p.m.

Announce Dark Cloud 3 and Uncharted 4 = <3
  • Drekner - January 30, 2014 7:10 p.m.

Dark Cloud 3.. Man that'd blow me out of my chair.
  • JMarsella09 - November 13, 2013 6:39 p.m.

I'm gonna wait for the Witness...
  • GOD - November 13, 2013 6:10 p.m.

If anything the games I'd want to play most on the PS4 right now are the F2P games that aren't listed here.
  • Cyberninja - November 13, 2013 3:44 p.m.

Fun the top 2 games for a system are still available for Current gen and 3 of the 4 exclusive games are in the bottom half of the list, why is anyone in a rush to join the "Next Gen" bandwagon if none of it is any good yet?
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 4:04 p.m.

Same reason certain people rushed to join the "not quite next gen" bandwagon Nintendo offered them last year, except with even less worthwhile games, both third party and otherwise! :P Trolling aside, it's the way this always works, and I mean, while people like you and me might know better than to buy a console at launch, those that do kinda do us a favor, by filling in the ranks, showing the companies that there IS a demand for it, and serving as an incentive to make more games for it as a result.
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 5 p.m.

What makes you think you "know better" than anyone else? You might not choose to be an early adaptor for a new console, and thats fine,.that's your choice driven by your situation, but are you really arrogant enough to suggest you think you know better than every single person in every situation when it comes to buying a console. I choose to pick up the PS4 when it's out (29th for me in the UK) because I'm very interested to see what it can do, and frankly, it's nice to have somthing to get excited about. Yes, there will be a price drop at some point, but that won't be for a few months at the very least. I also get there won't be that many gret games at first, but the PS4 won't stop me from playing other games on other systems. I'm also fully expecting some technical issues, but they can be patched, and my online play is so limited I'd not miss having online play for a few days. So yeah, it's fine that you don't want a PS4 but don't try to act like it makes you smarter than anyone else.
  • Eightboll812 - November 13, 2013 5:19 p.m.

You inserted a "than anyone else" into his sentence when reading it. He said he knows better than to buy a console at launch. He didn't say he knows better than anyone else how and when to buy a console. You might think that is splitting hairs, and it sort of is, but context is important. It's like saying, "I knew better than to taunt that angry dog...I got bit." It's not a judgment on your choice. It's a judgment on his choice. And given some of the issues launch year consoles had last gen, how is it so offensive that some people learned to wait it out a little bit?
  • udUbdaWgz - November 13, 2013 5:33 p.m.

you're not splitting hairs. he/she stated a fabrication of their own failed imagination and conjured an issue out of their butt.
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 6:01 p.m.

I do see that I misinterpreted the message, taking know better" to imply there was some lack of understanding on the part of others, which to me, came across as artogant. Again, I can see that this was down to my own reading of the post and maybe somewhat arrogant on my own part. And please understand, I was not at all taking offence at the decision to wait. I am waiting for the Xbox One to come down in price and show off some better games before I buy one, I just didn't like the suggestion (that was due to my reading) that someone could "know better" on an issue of prefference.
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 5:32 p.m.

..Did I imply that I knew better than anyone else? could please show that to me? I say that as a general phrase, and mainly because I DO know better at the very least from my own experiences, I've always have had a better time when I buy a console latter than when i buy it at launch, or close to launch. Now, if your self esteem is so low that you find insult where there is none, that's your own problem, not mine.
  • angelusdlion - December 15, 2013 8:17 p.m.

don't feed the troll.
  • Manguy17 - November 13, 2013 5:23 p.m.

I know buying on launch is a bad idea, but tbh I'm just excited that this is the first big tech release where I have actually had the money to buy on launch. Hopefully I wont regret it..too much.
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 5:38 p.m.

That's fine! Again, I am not really attacking those that are buying it at launch, if you have the money, and you're that excited for the console, go right ahead! ^^ I was talking about my own experiences, and why to me it isn't worth it anymore. But I also KNOW there's a definite charm to get a console early, and excitement that otherwise isn't there later own. but I'm a grumpy fuckface, so I care not for those joys of life anymore :P
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 5:53 p.m.

Ah, well it appears that I may have misinterpreted what you said. I read "know better" to imply that you felt you had better information or quite litteraly "were better at knowing" in this context, which I felt was an arrogant viewpoint, rather than taking any actual offence. Obviously, this has been cleared up, I can see what it was you were actually saying and that is fair enough.
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 6:12 p.m.

Okay then! I'm happy that has been cleared up ^^ I mean, i know i can be a bit of an ass, but I seriously didn't mean offense this time. Sorry i got annoyed at this, but also thanks for replying and that we've been able to solve this issue :D Also, on that same line, even if I'm skipping on it for now, i genuinely do hope you enjoy your brand new PS4 soon! ^^ Even if I'm waiting to get it, I'm still very much interested on it, and I hope it fully delivers on it's promise.
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 6:32 p.m.

And I am glad we have been able to discuss the issue and resolve it, which is far better than arguing over a very minor issue. Hopefully the PS4 will live up to my expectations, and if you do end up getting one, I hope you enjoy it!