• bebl09 - April 19, 2012 7:16 p.m.

"3 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Once again, we’re giving the top slot to a Grand Theft Auto game" Umm, what? Typo of some sort?
  • lewis-barclay - April 19, 2012 7:59 p.m.

I wish some of these guys would realize all this is just OPINION and not fact. So what he didn't include YOUR favorite game. Chill out. That's why he asked WHATS YOURS!!!! Calm down. Some of mine weren't on here and I didn't mind.
  • Fox_Mulder - April 19, 2012 9:34 p.m.

ICO is 9 years old? I thought it came out in 2001.
  • ThatGamerDude - April 19, 2012 9:37 p.m.

I have most of these games and loved the hell out of them and is the reason I still play my PS2 (that I've had since launch) today. I can't really think of many games that I love that weren't on this list (that doesn't mean they deserved to be on this list) except maybe the first Kingdom Hearts and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.
  • NanoElite666 - April 19, 2012 10:41 p.m.

Up Your Arsenal had it's multiplayer servers up and running into this year? Damn, that's pretty impressive. And they're essentially going right back up when the HD version launches later this year with the multiplayer alive and kicking. This list needs more Dark Cloud 2.
  • machupichu1992 - April 19, 2012 11:36 p.m.

Regardless of what was left out (Timesplitters?:[) this is a pretty great list. Particularly happy Okami made the top ten.
  • KA87 - April 20, 2012 7:22 a.m.

A good list, but there are a few that could have been in or honorable mention. 1. Killzone (Great differentiation of the combat environments and 4 playable characters, but no boss.) 2. Rogue Galaxy (Late, but had a great story, good combat, and was a lot of fun.) 3. Dark Cloud 2 (Just a great game.) 4. FF-12 (Needed a better antagonist, but combat was creative and it had a lot to explore.) 5. .hack// (A lot of fun, but should have been 1 game instead of 4.)
  • PopeBenedictXVI - April 20, 2012 8:46 a.m.

San Andreas isn't number 1? I don't understand.
  • TURNAAAR - April 20, 2012 10:01 a.m.

Pretty decent list, confused on why Gun wasn't added. I was left with a huge smile on my face after completing that one.
  • Person5 - April 20, 2012 10:31 a.m.

Am I the only one who like Kingdom Hearts one better than two? There was something about two that didn't match the greatness of one. Also I need to get Persona 4 already, I hear too much love for that game and I've never played it. In fact, one person on Minecraft actually asked me if my name was a reference to that game! Well, eBay here I come!
  • anthonybonales - April 20, 2012 10:58 a.m.

I feel like Kingdom Hearts one had a deeper story and that's why I enjoyed it more
  • AshLynx - April 20, 2012 10:54 a.m.

Yuck, Okami :( I love Zelda, but Okami is the absolute worst imitator imo. I'll stick with Alundra methinks. The rest of the list is quite good (though I prefer Kingdom Hearts 1 far more than 2, and I liked Persona 3 more than 4, but Persona 3 PSP is the best Persona 3, so putting 4 on the list I can let slide), but if you want something far better to put on the list than Okami, Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil would do nicely. Phantomile was on the PS1 list (with a picture of the PS2 game btw, definitely the PS2 game and not the Wiimake), but there were things I liked better about 2. I thought the gameplay was tighter and the music was better even if the story wasn't quite as good (few things could beat Phantomile's story anyway). Ape Escape 3 was also way more fun than it should've been, I always encourage people to play 3 out of all the Ape Escapes. Also one of the funniest games on the PS2. And dude, Psychonauts got a PS2 release too! Sure, not as good as the Xbox version (glad it was on that list), but BG&E was on both lists. But for a non-platformer that should've been in Okami's spot, Amplitude was loads of fun, probably the best music game on that system if you ask me. I always liked it more than Guitar Hero even if GH had a more fun peripheral.
  • charnickmx - April 20, 2012 11:55 a.m.

I agree with most of the places... but not all. 1. I think that Gran Turismo 3 was a far better game than 4, yes the graphics in 4 were better, but that's about it, in all other fronts GT4 wasn't a big leap and most people will argue that it is actually in here (not in GT5) were the series started to lose steam because it was stuck firmly in the past and didn't innovate enough (the original Forza was honestly a better game than GT4). 2. My opinion of the first Jak & Daxter game is mixed at best, yes it was a fun game, but certanly not very memorable, I think that the best one in the trilogy is Jak II, yes it was relentlessly hard, but certanly a more varied game and it was actually here that the series hit his stride: it has arguably the best story, plot and character development of the series... Jak 3 was decent, but i think it had the same problem of the third Sly Cooper game (hence it's why the 2nd is considered the best): too much variety for the sake of variety without finding a proper balance. 3. Actually most of what i just wrote also applies to the Ratchet and Clank games, it is general agreement that Going Commando is the best Ratchet game of all time, with Up Your arsenal just second best. 4. Kingdom Hearts 1 was a FAR superior game than the lame sequel with his emo/anime vibe and stupid Roxas character. The first one should have been here, because that's the one people remember most and the one considered classic... the second game can burn in hell. 5. God of War II was certanly larger and prettier than the original, but I tought that it was a pandering and really unnecesary sequel because the complete story had more or less been told in the original God of War game (no one expected the game to be such a huge hit), and it was a mostly self contained story at that, doing II (and III and the prequels) the way they did was milking the franchise... let's face it the first one had (and still has) by FAR the best story and balance out of the whole franchise: -Kratos had a REAL reason to go after Ares and was a likable anti-hero -His reasons for going after Zeus, and the rest of Olympus for that matter, were pretty thin, lame, muddled and convulted; yeah, the gameplay was more varied, but the combat was mostly unchanged and the bosses were far less memorable than the Hydra, Minotaur and Ares of the first game. I still think that God of War should have been only ONE game (and I think the same about the Metal Gear Solid franchise), the rest may have had better graphics, sense of scale and/or added interesting things to the mechanics of the combat... but they haven't dramatically altered the fundations of the original (and still best) God of War game.
  • XLGirthMan - April 20, 2012 3:44 p.m.

I don't want to be this guy, but Kingdom Hearts was released in 2002 and Kingdom Hearts II was released in 2006, so it was a 4 year gap, not a 2.
  • Thequestion 121 - April 20, 2012 8:54 p.m.

That was a great list, the PS2 had a fantastic run :)
  • coyoteDUSTER - April 20, 2012 9:37 p.m.

If you like Final Fantasy X... you are stupid.
  • Net_Bastard - April 20, 2012 10:30 p.m.

Thank you for making Tony Hawk 4 the Tony Hawk game on this list. I thought I was the only one who thought it was the best in the series. The level design had a flow like butter.
  • smcgarvey - April 23, 2012 1:40 p.m.

Hi-five.
  • Spammy78 - April 21, 2012 5:12 a.m.

Honestly it makes me sad to not see Disgaea on this list, its one of the best games ever and in my opinion the best strategy rpg ever made.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 22, 2012 2:11 p.m.

It was like, number 26. It was on this list for a LONG time and got bumped near the end. But I agree, Disgaea bros 4 lyfe.